: *Exhaust Options for 2012 AWD Coupe?

austin
06-07-12, 03:19 PM
I have been looking for exhaust options for my 2012 AWD Coupe.. I noticed magnaflow and alot of other manufacturers say "excluding AWD".. Has anyone here upgraded the exhaust on their 2012 AWD Coupe? If so, what were the results (power gains) and exhaust products used.

ESchmi
06-27-12, 11:12 AM
I'm looking to do the same thing... 2012 AWD Coupe. Have you found any good solutions?

austin
06-27-12, 06:19 PM
Sad to say still no luck for my 3.6 AWD Coupe. I have contacted Corsa, Magnaflow, and Billy Boat.. Same response... Maybe in the future.. Everyone seems to be focusing on the all mighty "V". I just don't see why a 3.6 AWD version is so difficult to make. :(

Rdecrane5
06-27-12, 09:33 PM
Why don't you go to a custom exhaust shop? Buy a muffler you like and have them make you a kit. It's a lot cheaper then you would think.

austin
06-27-12, 11:32 PM
Why don't you go to a custom exhaust shop? Buy a muffler you like and have them make you a kit. It's a lot cheaper then you would think.

True, but it would be an un-tested system... I learned my lesson the hard way years ago... Never install a performance product unless there is Dyno proof showing a reasonable gain for the $$$$$ spent.. And If a company can't post a dyno sheet for their product then there most likely hiding something... Either no gain or very little gain. If Magnaflow, Billy Boat, or Corsa ever should decide to come out with a performance system for the AWD 3.6 Coupe/Sedan there will most likely be a Dyno sheet along with the in house test results.

bronik90
05-08-13, 10:43 PM
Anyone have any luck finding a kit that fits?

I planned on getting cutouts, and was amazed to find a 2" exhaust under my car.

DWBFightgear
05-18-13, 06:25 PM
Someone had pointed out that the earlier CTS, no matter if it is the 3.6 or 3.0 AWD would fit! It was stock like pre 09 (duals). That is going to be my route. Im going to order a magna flow kit w/ duals for my 11 3.0 AWD and see what happens. Good luck!

btlfedcts
05-25-13, 01:12 PM
I made a call to MagnaFlow's engineering department. The EXCL AWD does not apply to models equipped with close coupled AND under body cats. If you look under your vehicle and see two small 4" diameter cats that are about 6" in length the kit I am running on my RWD Coupe will fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MZFygszi1z4

DevilleDeeman
08-27-14, 12:30 PM
Sad to say still no luck for my 3.6 AWD Coupe. I have contacted Corsa, Magnaflow, and Billy Boat.. Same response... Maybe in the future.. Everyone seems to be focusing on the all mighty "V". I just don't see why a 3.6 AWD version is so difficult to make. :(
Why don't you just replace axle back exhaust, CTS already has decent 2" SS dual exhaust if its a bigger growl you want replace the mufllers. CarID has components.
http://www.carid.com/2011-cadillac-cts-exhaust-systems/corsa-sport-exhausts-1520221.html

Cashr22
08-27-14, 01:11 PM
Has anyone tried the Borla cat back exhaust on the coupe?

krenzema
08-30-14, 09:49 AM
Has anyone tried the Borla cat back exhaust on the coupe?

Yes, I have the borla axial back exhaust on my 2011 coupe rwd and love the sound. No drone and it's still pleasant at highway speeds. YouTube has 2-3 video clips of the same setup.

DevilleDeeman
09-09-14, 10:35 AM
Yes, I have the borla axial back exhaust on my 2011 coupe rwd and love the sound. No drone and it's still pleasant at highway speeds. YouTube has 2-3 video clips of the same setup.
You have a RWD, this thread is for AWD CTS which has a different exhaust setup at the rear.