: Peace of mind or OCD?

c230kompw
06-07-12, 10:34 AM
So I ordered a set of Bridgestone tires (Tirerack) that showed up yesterday. The first thing I notice is one out of the four has a yellow and blue stripe while the other three have a single red stripe. Looking closer the one was made in Indonesia and the other three in Japan.
It is my DD but I also go to a few track days a year. I cant make up my mind if it matters or not.

What would you do?

rand49er
06-07-12, 11:06 AM
Guess you have to assume both manufacturing plants are using (and adhering to) the same recipe.

Call Tirerack if you have any concerns. They seem to be rather responsive and may tell you, "They're made to the same specs."

HAMSTAR
06-07-12, 11:36 AM
This question seems unanswerable, but if if bugs you, then try to get that one tire replaced. Call tirerack, but decide what you want before you call them. If you want them all to be Japan tires, then call them, be outraged and demand they all match. If they say it doesn't matter, tell that that it does to you. You can even make up some facts to help your case. If they want to keep you happy then they'll replace the tire.

And think of it this way-- by sending you one weird tire they have cost you anxiety and uncertainty. Especially as this is a performance vehicle, you need to be satisfied.

Andringa
06-07-12, 11:50 AM
I'd assume you would be fine.

3 of them were made in Japan, who is to say they were from the same factory, same lot? They could have been made at three different factories in Japan for all you know.

rjoffe
06-07-12, 12:39 PM
Got a geiger counter ?

(sorry couldn't resist)

lollygagger8
06-07-12, 03:46 PM
Got a geiger counter ?

(sorry couldn't resist)

Hhahahaha, ya....does it glow in the dark?

rand49er
06-07-12, 04:39 PM
Got a geiger counter ?

(sorry couldn't resist)That's terrible.

:rofl:

thebigjimsho
06-09-12, 01:43 AM
I'm sure the TireRack would swap it out if you felt uncomfortable...

exterminate
06-09-12, 08:37 AM
swap it out

V for victory
06-09-12, 10:42 AM
get the full set of glow in the dark ones. swap out the misfit.

RADEoN
06-09-12, 02:19 PM
get the tires mounted and balanced and forget about it. wtf?