: I made it to 100k!

robertb
06-06-12, 10:35 PM
I just wanted to share my excitement. It has been a while since I made any posts on here. I have been limited in my track time more recently due to a busy schedule. The CTS-V is my daily driver year round as well as my track car. Yesterday I passed 100k miles on my CTS-V! I know it is not the most or the least miles, but they are all mine. I have had the car since new (2004), so they are all my miles (with several of them on the track). I even have the original rear differential still in the car. I am hoping to make it to 200k in this one so I should have this car for a long time. It is still great fun and a pleasure to drive. I am somewhat surprised how excited I am about this, but if anyone would share my excitement, I know it would be this group!

Regards,

Robert

Andringa
06-06-12, 10:54 PM
Congratulations! I am the second owner of my 04v and about to hit 70k. I hope mine is still running strong at 100k+.

JD03Cobra
06-07-12, 12:28 PM
Congrats! I have 83k and have no plans of keeping her anywhere close to 200k.

rand49er
06-07-12, 05:42 PM
Congrats!

Coming up to 63k here.

I won't see 80k and maybe not 75k.

NC_Tech007
06-07-12, 08:09 PM
Nice! Has the maintenance/problems increased at all?

JDB
06-07-12, 10:05 PM
Congrats!

Coming up to 63k here.

Why? You obviously have a well sorted V...drive it.

robertb
06-08-12, 08:13 AM
Nice! Has the maintenance/problems increased at all?

Thanks all,

I have not had any serious maintenance problems. I did need to replace the radiator recently (when I did the 100k service). It had a small crack. Also, somehow, after they replaced the radiator and did the 100k service, when they were road testing the car, the power steering pump gave out, so that needed replacement which they did at that time. Other than routine oil changes, multiple brake pads and a few sets of rotors due to track events, and a new battery after 7 1/2 years, this has been a relatively trouble free car. As long as it only needs routine wear and tear maintenance, I plan to keep driving it. I keep looking around at all the newer cars out there, but when I get back in the V, I realize there is no need to replace it yet. It is still running strong and is a great driving car.

Robert

rand49er
06-08-12, 10:11 AM
... I keep looking around at all the newer cars out there, but when I get back in the V, I realize there is no need to replace it yet. ...THIS is so-o true! I keep thinking the same thing.

If the ATS-V isn't all it has to be (<3,500 lbs, 400++ hp, etc), then I just may see 200k in my current car ... who knows?

Why? You obviously have a well sorted V...drive it.If rear tires were a dime a dozen, I would. As it is, lighting up the rears is so easy, restraint is a constant challenge.

robertb
06-08-12, 11:49 AM
If rear tires were a dime a dozen, I would. As it is, lighting up the rears is so easy, restraint is a constant challenge.

Oh, yea, I forgot to mention the cost of several sets of tires also from track events.:)

Robert

repenttokyo
06-08-12, 12:44 PM
I'm at 127k now, and I drive new cars every day for a living (auto writer). I feel exactly the same way you do - when I get back in my car, there's not much out there that offers me the same combination of characteristics that the V does, and I'm not considering anything new.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-12, 12:50 PM
Robert, this is wonderful news! Congratulations! This is indeed the place to come to share your excitement, and I hope you have many more great miles ahead of you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

lollygagger8
06-08-12, 01:43 PM
Congrats!

Coming up to 63k here.

So should I keep my intake and swap it to you when you go to sell the V, and you ship me your Maggie? :lildevil:

rand49er
06-08-12, 06:46 PM
So should I keep my intake and swap it to you when you go to sell the V, and you ship me your Maggie? :lildevil:Maggie stays on it. Runs so well, I don't want to mess with anything.