: Lower the Airride of Escalade 2007 with OBD?

wuotan
06-06-12, 04:10 PM
Hi.

At the beginning, i am fron Germany and my english is not very good. Sorry for that ;)

Now my question: Is it possible to lower the (Cadillac)Airride of my 2007 Escalade by OBD? I know that this is possible with cars of VW, Audi an Bentley. But i don't find some informations about it with the Escalade.
I think my problem is, that the Escalade was sold around 1.000 times in germany, so nobody here really knows something about it. And my english is noch good enough to search the english web.

Thanks, Kai

hcvone
06-06-12, 08:19 PM
Hello, you can lower how high the rear is lifted by adjusting the little rods that control the height, or by installing shorter springs, don't see any other way than that. Some cars that have air suspension you could adjust, but the Escalade only has rear air support for added weight and is not adjustable with the Tech II Tool :)

wuotan
06-07-12, 06:17 PM
do airride escalade have springs???

hcvone
06-07-12, 06:55 PM
do airride escalade have springs???

Your 2007 has coil springs

quattrotman
06-08-12, 03:32 AM
It's not really a true air ride suspension like in a Touareg, Range Rover, cayenne etc. Those have air bags in place of coil springs. The Escalade just has Air bags on the rear struts that level the vehicle if weight it put in the rear but the truck ultimately relies on coils springs for it's suspension and the only way to lower that it the old fashioned mechanical way...lowering springs or drop spindles (up front).

wuotan
06-08-12, 02:13 PM
Oh, ok, today i had a look. There are springs on the front and the back... Thats shit, cause in germany there are no springs, wich have "tüv" (a certificat wich you need for parts, if you don't have one, its not allowed to install it)...
argh, so i think my escalade will stay this high ^^

thank you!

quattrotman
06-09-12, 12:32 AM
Oh, ok, today i had a look. There are springs on the front and the back... Thats shit, cause in germany there are no springs, wich have "tüv" (a certificat wich you need for parts, if you don't have one, its not allowed to install it)...
argh, so i think my escalade will stay this high ^^

thank you!

Really? H&R and Eibach both make springs for the escalade. They are TUV approved aren't they?

wuotan
06-09-12, 08:23 PM
Every article needs to be TÜV cetificated. And that cost H&R oder Eibach a lot of money. And, as is told, in Germany there are just about 1.000 Escalades (2007-). I think, they don't think that they can make money with it. No chance to lower the Slade...