: who's going to go see prometheus (Alien prequel)

M5eater
06-05-12, 06:00 PM
I'm so amped for this, the first time I saw the previews I though--- Ridley scott and alien-like trailer? must be WIN

but it's only today that I stumbled unto this nugget;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb7gspHxZiI&feature=relmfu

suffice to say, it's confirmed my suspicions (as I didn't not research enough into the plot before, I'm sure this has been known widely on the internet)

it doesn't appear to be a true prequel, but it will essentially take place in the same universe and have a lot of references (see youtube link..)

but now I'm DEFINITALLY going to go see this movie.

Anyone else?

hueterm
06-05-12, 06:35 PM
Yeah. That was awesome... This might be worth braving a theater...

JimmyH
06-06-12, 06:41 PM
So it's part of the Alien franchise. I didn't get that from the trailer.

hueterm
06-06-12, 06:48 PM
You wouldn't from this one.

brandondeleo
06-06-12, 08:10 PM
Eh. Not my cup of tea.

M5eater
06-06-12, 08:32 PM
So it's part of the Alien franchise. I didn't get that from the trailer.

there are more trailers than that. This was essentially just a viral video.

I wouldn't say it's an Alien franchise movie, or I would use the term lightly. This movie will take place before the events of the orginal movie, but will not have the face-huggers of LV426. It *will* however, have all the related nostalga; the evil weyland yutani corporation, the artifical lifeforms,ect..

essentially this movie is about the events around the turn of the 22n'd centry; the crew of the nostromo were just then being born.

talismandave
06-06-12, 08:58 PM
I liked the poll better when only two people had posted and both were excited about it, but the vote was one and one!:confused:
Anyway, is that one of those new fangled moving pictures I have been hearing about? If so probably not.

brandondeleo
06-06-12, 09:04 PM
Newfangled moving picture? With audio! Kind of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZlJ0vtUu4w

talismandave
06-06-12, 09:09 PM
Hey I saw that in a movie theater. (not on it's first run though)

brandondeleo
06-06-12, 09:12 PM
Modern Times is one of my favorite movies. It's hysterical.

77CDV
06-06-12, 09:14 PM
Brandon, sometimes you can be delightfully anachronistic! :)

talismandave
06-06-12, 09:21 PM
Let's see..a...n...a...c...h...oh yeah he is.

brandondeleo
06-06-12, 09:27 PM
What can I say? :D

----------

Another example? I love Glenn Miller. Greatest period of Jazz ever. Big Band was the SHIT. Benny Goodman, too...

Aztec ETC ECS
06-06-12, 09:27 PM
Looks good.
I saw the first Alien in the movies in '79 at 12 years old. Scared the s**t out of me. Preceded by Halloween, Omen II, & the Amityville Horror the years before. The 70's was great, a kid could go see a good movie with no parents.

brandondeleo
06-06-12, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=Aztec ETC ECS;2988122The Amityville Horror[/QUOTE]
The original Amityville Horror was better than the remake with Ryan Reynolds, I think. Most of it, at least.

hueterm
06-06-12, 11:14 PM
While I want to see "Prometheus", I'd rather see a movie about this Prometheus...:

Oh...that's right...the 24th Century got thrown under the bus...

:bomb:

Faded Crest
06-07-12, 12:32 AM
The movie sounds like it would be good, but as with every movie, I'll wait for Redbox or Netflix. Lets see... 2 people @ $10/ticket + $20 for snacks vs. waiting a few months or the $1 Netflix rental and microwave popcorn for $0.50/bag... I will wait and spend the difference on Cadillac parts. :D

talismandave
06-07-12, 12:36 AM
I hate to admit the last new release I saw in a theater was The Aviator!

Faded Crest
06-07-12, 12:48 AM
Last movie I saw at the theater was on a Christmas gift card. Before that, I can't remember... I think maybe it was the new Star Trek?

talismandave
06-07-12, 01:01 AM
The one with the young crew? Was that any good I've yet to see it.

Faded Crest
06-07-12, 01:20 AM
The one with the young crew? Was that any good I've yet to see it.

It's certainly worth $1 at Redbox. :) My wife loves it. We bought it at Walmart and she has watched it at least a dozen times.

greencadillacmatt
06-07-12, 01:27 AM
While I can't make it to a midnight showing or anything (what with Power Tour), I'm going with my friend once I get back to Michigan. I've been bouncing off the walls waiting for this since I saw the first preview. Cannot wait! :bouncy:

Faded Crest
06-07-12, 01:32 AM
Nothing wrong with springing for a theater experience if it's a movie you are excited about seeing. :thumbsup:

Aron9000
06-07-12, 01:45 AM
Looks good.
I saw the first Alien in the movies in '79 at 12 years old. Scared the s**t out of me. Preceded by Halloween, Omen II, & the Amityville Horror the years before. The 70's was great, a kid could go see a good movie with no parents.

I watched the original Alien when I was about 10 or 11, scared the shit out of me too. Even watching it today it makes your skin crawl.

M5eater
06-07-12, 01:42 PM
While I want to see "Prometheus", I'd rather see a movie about this Prometheus...:

Oh...that's right...the 24th Century got thrown under the bus...

:bomb:

Amen brother, Paramount is trying to reboot the franchise though! The last trek movie did wonders, and the new one's set for sucess as well. The eyecandy crew isn't bad either.

I watched the original Alien when I was about 10 or 11, scared the shit out of me too. Even watching it today it makes your skin crawl.
Alien and movies of it's kind are the apex of cinema. Because of the way media is created in such a way as to attract the largest populations we will never see another genuine, novel film like Alien ever again. Films simply cost too much and we're too infatuated with special effects.

CadillacLuke24
06-07-12, 03:11 PM
I don't think I've seen a movie in theaters in years. Literally. The last one was the Star Trek new one, and before that it was the EPIC Gran Torino :D

M5eater
06-07-12, 03:37 PM
same here..

I don't go to the movies between messing with the Car or playing video games. It's all the same garbage anymore imo. I haven't even seen MIB 3 or The avengers.

hueterm
06-07-12, 09:15 PM
I saw Avengers and prior to that it was Star Trek...

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 12:53 AM
A friend of mine wanted me to go see Avengers with him, but I wasn't interested. I'm just not into super hero movies at all, and I certainly am not into paying $10 for a ticket to see one. They just seem silly and over the top to me.

vincentm
06-08-12, 02:07 AM
The movie sounds like it would be good, but as with every movie, I'll wait for Redbox or Netflix. Lets see... 2 people @ $10/ticket + $20 for snacks vs. waiting a few months or the $1 Netflix rental and microwave popcorn for $0.50/bag... I will wait and spend the difference on Cadillac parts. :D

:yeah:

Lord Cadillac
06-09-12, 08:10 PM
I'm going to see Prometheus tonight - in Drunken 3D...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIJeQNyZ6VE

exterminate
06-11-12, 08:15 PM
This movie is more of a wait till it comes out on DVD's for me.