: Exhaust 2012 CTS-v Coupe

brian-nicola
06-04-12, 09:59 PM
Hi,
So reading the threads on exhaust, would like something with a little more throat, but not ZL-1 loud. Everybody seems to like Corsa. So would you say touring version or sport?
Thx!

BWhite58
06-04-12, 10:06 PM
How loud is the ZL1 ?

brian-nicola
06-04-12, 11:24 PM
like a Z-06 corvette type loud, not subtle

Ste_V_e
06-04-12, 11:27 PM
Personally I think my corsa sport is perfect combination of queit when you want it and decently loud at wot. Plus I like how they look on my coupe.

GM-4-LIFE
06-05-12, 02:20 AM
Here's my car and I LOVE the way it sounds...a true V8 sound, no resonance inside and just the perfect tone and volume. Not too quiet and not too loud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrkiaXRSaE

hcvone
06-05-12, 07:30 AM
Here's my car and I LOVE the way it sounds...a true V8 sound, no resonance inside and just the perfect tone and volume. Not too quiet and not too loud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qrkiaXRSaE

Shawn, what exhaust is that?

GM-4-LIFE
06-05-12, 11:26 AM
Carl,

Borla Sport CAT-BACK complete system. Best sounding exhaust I have heard yet. It gets rid of the flat pipe on the driver's side and it eliminates the post cats as well. Front cats stay on the car. It also took about 35 lbs. off the weight of the car and you can actually feel the weight loss.

hcvone
06-05-12, 12:32 PM
Carl,

Borla Sport CAT-BACK complete system. Best sounding exhaust I have heard yet. It gets rid of the flat pipe on the driver's side and it eliminates the post cats as well. Front cats stay on the car. It also took about 35 lbs. off the weight of the car and you can actually feel the weight loss.

Any interior noise issues? I have had some issues in the past with some of their mufflers, they always sounded great outside. Did you hear the B&B on the ctsv? I have not but have B&B on 3 of my 4 Escalade's and it sounds great on the trucks.

JoeS823
06-05-12, 01:35 PM
I have the B&B on mine and I have zero complaints, you can't hear it at all inside the car with the radio on, it's loud but not too loud where it's obnoxious

hcvone
06-05-12, 01:49 PM
I have the B&B on mine and I have zero complaints, you can't hear it at all inside the car with the radio on, it's loud but not too loud where it's obnoxious

Thanks for the feedback Joe. :)

JoeS823
06-05-12, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback Joe. :)

Not a problem! There really aren't any good sound clips of the B&B online so when I bought it I took a chance on it an I really like it.

hcvone
06-05-12, 03:07 PM
Not a problem! There really aren't any good sound clips of the B&B online so when I bought it I took a chance on it an I really like it.

I have had B&B and Corsa on my Corvette's and Escalade's, the B&B has always had a deeper sound, will probably go that way. :)

GM-4-LIFE
06-05-12, 03:40 PM
Carl,

ZERO resonance and ZERO sound inside the car at all RPMs. Borla did an amazing job with the exhaust on the CTS-V Coupe. I can't say enough about how great it is all around!

hcvone
06-05-12, 07:54 PM
Carl,

ZERO resonance and ZERO sound inside the car at all RPMs. Borla did an amazing job with the exhaust on the CTS-V Coupe. I can't say enough about how great it is all around!

Thanks Shawn :)

harrysstsv
06-06-12, 11:53 AM
Hi,
I had the Corsa Touring on my 2011 V Coupe and just loved it, not too loud but excellent V8 sound.

Now I have a 2012 V Sedan and first thing was odering the Corsa Touring for my new Sedan. The sound here is good but the sound of my Coupe was better.

For the V Coupe the Corsa Touring is fantastic!!!!!

Harry

brian-nicola
06-06-12, 01:25 PM
Thank you Harry and all,
Sounds like Corsa touring will be the choice..

harrysstsv
06-06-12, 01:45 PM
Brian,
I`m sure you love it! Installation takes about 45 minutes!

Harry

Crystal Red CTS-V
06-06-12, 01:48 PM
Another vote for the Corsa Touring. The thing I like most about them is that they sound quiet inside the car (just slightly louder than stock and NO resonance at any RPM's) and noticeably louder outside.

BigDog001
06-06-12, 04:43 PM
Another vote for the Corsa Touring. The thing I like most about them is that they sound quiet inside the car (just slightly louder than stock and NO resonance at any RPM's) and noticeably louder outside.

I have Cora's touring also - love it and definitely quiet inside.