: free XM radio? spec pa11-Vette. Service theft system. Trac control won't come on.

Senor Aguas
06-04-12, 08:55 PM
I installed a spec pa11-Vette in my car yesterday so I could use my iPhone through my XM radio input. I noticed for the first time that I have free XM radio!
But, here's my problem... I can't always get to the XM band on the radio. So, sometimes I can play my iphone through the radio and sometimes I can't, because I can't always get to the XM radio band.

You get to XM by pressing the Band button and cycling through FM1 FM2 AM1 AM2 then XM right? Mine has been skipping XM completely when it doesn't work.

Also, this afternoon my car gave me a message "service theft system". And now the traction control is permanently off (can't turn it on). I can't see what I could have done to screw it up. All I did was plug in the ipod box into the xm receiver!

mstrjon32
06-05-12, 02:06 AM
XM Radio is running a promotion where they enabled some channels for free for a limited time, which is probably why you're getting it. I got a letter in the mail inviting me to listen and then sign back up. It was a waste of a letter, because there isn't any XM service on the European continent, and if there was, I'd already be signed up.

As for your other problems, maybe a bad ground or weak battery? Someone else with more knowledge will chime in...

Senor Aguas
06-05-12, 10:52 AM
it worked perfect this morning. weird. I'll try the battery--the starter has seemed kinda weak for a while. The DIC says the battery is ok, but I think it just bases that off of voltage.

Senor Aguas
06-05-12, 10:53 AM
doesn't it seem weird that it won't change bands to xm1 or xm2 when Im having trouble? is my head unit or XM receiver going out?

RADEoN
06-06-12, 10:12 PM
i really doubt it's your radio.

PISNUOFF
06-07-12, 07:39 AM
Mine does this occasionally with the iPod adapter hooked up. Check to see that a pin hasn't partially backed out of one of the connectors.

cvettr/cts-v
06-08-12, 11:12 AM
It is an old issue probably. Each time at start up certain items check in with the cars computer and report their readyness. one of those items is the xm reciever module. I believe it is behind the back seat or under the rear ledge. If it does not report in, then no xm bands will be availible for that start up period. I further recall that for it to re-report you have to get the car power and reserve accesssory power to time out between tries. The answer in the past was get the xm module in rear of car replaced and issue went away for most people.

ls6cadillac
06-08-12, 11:39 PM
I believe you got the wrong ipod adapter. The one you need is the USA Spec PA-15 VETTE. I have this one and have no problems other than sometimes I get a buzzing sound out of the speakers only when using the ipod. You can barely hear it so it doesnt bother me too much. I used to have a Schoche unit that would have the exact same symptoms you are describing. Would drive me nuts and I returned it for the USA Spec one. I think the adapter screws up the signals to the traction control module and theft modules and this is why the lights come on. Try this other adapter and see what happens. Good luck

Senor Aguas
06-19-12, 11:21 PM
Its been a couple weeks and it hasn't acted up again. Its working perfect now. Not sure what happened.