: Two different GM Accessory Rims for the CTS-V?

Faber
06-04-12, 07:19 PM
Wondering if anyone is aware if GM might have made two separate accessory wheels for the V - or updated/changed the design from '04 - '06. Had one replaced from a claim a little while ago and just noticed it's substantially different. Really surprised I didn't notice it before. Profile of the spokes is \_/ as opposed to my other three rims that are [_] and depth is 1/2" greater from top of rotor to face of rim - 3" vs. 2.5"

I'll have to resize the pics I took and will upload them later...

Faber
06-04-12, 10:54 PM
Alright, here's the pics. You can see the major differences, almost seems like a different finish as well. I still have no idea how I went this long without noticing this difference. If anyone else has accessory rims & theirs look like the "new rim", let me know. My thought is that they somehow happened across some knock offs, but I didn't think anyone made knockoffs of the GM Accessory rims.

DDS rollin a CTS
06-04-12, 11:49 PM
hmm, weird... I have the accessory wheels on my car, I'll take a look at them tomorrow and let you know which one they look like.

Nick4208
06-05-12, 08:45 AM
This is just a thought but could one the the rims be from a SRX. Isnt the offset different on those wheels compared to the accessory wheels.

Den_93
06-05-12, 10:57 AM
Is there part numbers on the rims?

lollygagger8
06-05-12, 02:32 PM
+1 on the thought it may be an SRX rim....whatever it is.....me no likey.

I have the assy wheels......mine look like the old ones.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/Zaino5-12-12.jpg

Faber
06-05-12, 08:24 PM
shops looking into it tomorrow for me. I can't imagine that it's just a different offset or something like that give the spoke profile differences. I'm at a loss...

----------

Is there part numbers on the rims?

Any idea where to look?

Faber
06-05-12, 08:41 PM
even the SRX rim has the [_] profile to the spoke...

Faber
06-26-12, 09:23 AM
So shop agrees that the rim is different & they are trying to figure out what to do. All their suppliers & sources say that there is only one type of GM Accessory wheel for the V. Wonder if Cadillac Service would be able to do some research on this for me?

RADEoN
06-26-12, 09:48 AM
Time to collect a few. Pics from the forums and show them they're wrong.

Faber
06-26-12, 01:40 PM
Yeah, the shops in agreement that it is the wrong rim & is having their wheel guy that says they are the same rim stop by this afternoon to prove he's a tard. Problem is, it seems no one knows of a different GM Accessory wheel that fits the V...

CancerJCC
06-26-12, 05:43 PM
Of my 4 accessory wheels 1 of them is slightly different. Furthermore it is the nicest of the group and thus I would assume the newest. Perhaps you have something going here with a slight revision but no change in part number.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-27-12, 01:01 PM
So shop agrees that the rim is different & they are trying to figure out what to do. All their suppliers & sources say that there is only one type of GM Accessory wheel for the V. Wonder if Cadillac Service would be able to do some research on this for me?

I'd be happy to investigate, Faber! I received your latest email with your photos and will be replying shortly.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Faber
07-02-12, 06:10 PM
I'd be happy to investigate, Faber! I received your latest email with your photos and will be replying shortly.

Best,

Katie

Katie,
Thanks again for your engagement in this matter. Wondering if you had any updates on this?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-02-12, 07:43 PM
Sorry for the wait, Faber! I'm still in process of checking my resources, and I apologize for the wait taking longer than two business days. I intend to email you this week with updates to make sure you stay in the loop!

Katie

Faber
07-03-12, 09:09 AM
I'm a patient fellow for certain, the help is appreciated.

trhs75
07-04-12, 12:36 PM
I had a couple of possible part numbers written down for my accessory wheels, but I can't swear they're correct. Try 17800209 or 178000210. I got mine on eBay in 2009 from mike@midwestwheel.biz. I don't know if the place is still in operation, and I can't remember where they're located. I'm sorry.

It seems to me there was a part number on each wheel somewhere. Probably under the tire where I can't see it!

Faber
07-12-12, 09:46 AM
Katie - wondering if you have found anything as of yet?

Andringa
07-12-12, 11:22 AM
shops looking into it tomorrow for me. I can't imagine that it's just a different offset or something like that give the spoke profile differences. I'm at a loss...

----------

Any idea where to look?

No idea with the accessory wheels, but the stock wheels have a part number on the inside of one of the spokes. Really easy to see with the wheel off the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-12-12, 04:57 PM
Katie - wondering if you have found anything as of yet?

Sorry to report that my searches are coming up empty, Faber! I'll try a couple more different avenues to see if I have better luck, but please feel free to send me a PM in the meantime if you'd like updates!

Katie

Faber
07-13-12, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the trying, but I'd say to go ahead and scratch your efforts at this point. Shop ended up buying a new rim & this time it was the right one. Still no answer to the saga though, even the rim shop they buy from admits its not the same wheel, but they can't figure out what it is if its not a GM Accessory rim...

Chubbilicious420
07-14-12, 08:41 PM
My accessory wheels look like the old set. Bought in 08 from Luke, with cross drilled rotors.

mstrjon32
07-15-12, 07:50 AM
If you're still interested, I have a brand new accessory rim that is the "old style" from your photos that I'm keeping as a spare. I found it for sale for a whopping $500, but I figure it's better than not being able to get one later on. I can pull it out of the box and get you the P/N off of it, but the last time I spoke to Luke @ Lindsay he said they weren't available any more anyway.

Faber
07-15-12, 11:53 AM
mstrjon32 - thanks for the offer, but outside of the curiousity factor, we've got it all resolved now. All 4 rims match and are definitely the accessory rim, the suspect "new rim" is back at the rim shop for them to figure out.

Now my plan is to get the previous damaged rim repaired & use it as a "temporary rim" to rotate the other 3 out to get the curb rash repaired and in the mean time get the TPMS added back to them.

Jon
07-15-12, 03:56 PM
The SRX wheel is 20"...