: Revshift Trans Mount Insert ?

SevillianSTS
06-04-12, 11:08 AM
https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyurethane-trans-mount-insert-2003-2007-cadillac-cts-v.php

(https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyurethane-trans-mount-insert-2003-2007-cadillac-cts-v.php)Has anyone tried one of these transmission mount inserts from revshift ?

If so, is it worth the $50, and do you need to remove the trans mount from the car to install it ?

also, any more noticeable vibrations ?

Thanks.

lollygagger8
06-04-12, 11:28 AM
Do it!!

kciaccio
06-05-12, 10:42 PM
Yes please...I likey. Let us know how it goes.

SevillianSTS
06-06-12, 12:03 AM
I'm assuming that this will get rid of some of the flex in the drive-line and also help with the wheel-hop too,
the axles are great, but there is still a little more room for improvement.

I'll buy one shortly, getting motor mounts and other work taken care of first.

FuzzyLogic
06-06-12, 03:57 PM
I ordered one this morning. If I come up with anything worth reporting, I will.

xbladr
06-06-12, 11:48 PM
sounds good fuzzy thanks

HAMSTAR
06-20-12, 06:08 PM
I ordered one this morning. If I come up with anything worth reporting, I will.

Hey Fuzzy, how do you like them? How did you wind up doing the install? Did you have to take the OEM mount out, or is there a way to do it from under the car?

etcts-v
06-20-12, 07:44 PM
We were just discussing this on the LS1tech forum. I purchased and installed this insert and love it, although I have to warn you it was a serious pain in the ass to install. On my car the trans mount has collapsed a bit with time so trying to push the insert in past the outer ridges was a lot of work. The only way I finally got it in was to take the cross member off the transmission, put the cross member under the legs of the engine crane then hook the crane to the top of the mount and use the crane to pull it apart just enough to get the mount in. Even with the crane it still took 30 minutes with a pair of flat head screw drivers to work it's way in. The OEM rubber is really stiff and it takes a lot to pull it apart far enough for this to slip in.

With that said, once I got it in it made a HUGE difference to the feel and shifting of the car, It's like a whole new car. Over time the mounts compress causing the geometry of the linkages to be all jacked, with this insert it is solid and straight now, worth every penny and I am glad I made the purchase!!

HAMSTAR
06-20-12, 08:53 PM
Thanks man, great description. From what you're saying, it sounds like replacing the mount altogether may be easier-- what do you think?

FuzzyLogic
06-20-12, 10:04 PM
I have an idea regarding how to install this thing with only basic tools--I'll let you know how it works. I think the main complaint about the Creative Steel mount is that it's very, very hard and therefore transmits vibrations very easily. It's also expensive.

NC-V
06-20-12, 11:31 PM
I just installed the insert and motor mounts. No need to remove the mount, takes 15 min or less.
-Get the exhaust pipes out of your way (removed the midpipes on my corsa).
-Put a jack under the back of the trans with a block of wood inbetween.
-Jack up the back of the trans until the mount hits its uptravel limiter.
-Lube up the insert
-Shove it in the gap in the mount (this will take some force. I got it started then bumped it in with a dead blow hammer)
-Drop jack
-Re-install midpipes
-Enjoy no extra vibes, less trans movement and a non-sunk trans mount

I am quite pleased with the whole package (motor and trans mounts)

HAMSTAR
06-20-12, 11:55 PM
I just installed the insert and motor mounts. No need to remove the mount, takes 15 min or less.
-Lube up the insert
-Shove it in the gap in the mount (this will take some force. I got it started then bumped it in with a dead blow hammer)
-Drop jack
-Re-install midpipes

I believe I can do that. Great instructions. I might try putting the mount insert in the freezer overnight too, like I did with the diff bushing.

xbladr
06-21-12, 07:56 AM
I just ordered it and will definitely be putting it in the freezer overnight to help move the process along but I had the same idea jack up the tranny relieve some stress shove the mother f'er in there

Larimer
06-21-12, 02:43 PM
-Lube up the insert
-Drop jack
-Re-install midpipes

How do the motor mounts feel in combination with the trans mount? Just curious about the vibes.

Edit: saw your post in the other thread. Might have to pick these up in that case if the vibes aren't bad. My stockers are shot and I feel a bit of a shake at idle and shutdown and get the loud bang between 1-2 shifts.

danrob0123
06-21-12, 02:58 PM
I have an idea regarding how to install this thing with only basic tools--I'll let you know how it works. I think the main complaint about the Creative Steel mount is that it's very, very hard and therefore transmits vibrations very easily. It's also expensive.

The creative steel mount is actually pretty soft. I'm pretty damn sure it's softer then the stock mount + insert combo. The creative steel transmission mounts have a bad rep because the first generation ones were way too stiff and everybody hated them. The current ones are perfect. Just more expensive than this option.

FuzzyLogic
06-21-12, 05:31 PM
I just ordered it and will definitely be putting it in the freezer overnight to help move the process along but I had the same idea jack up the tranny relieve some stress shove the mother f'er in there

Are you insane? It's rubber. Putting it in the freezer is not going to help you--in fact, it's going to hurt you. Big time.

etcts-v
06-21-12, 05:47 PM
-Lube up the insert
-Drop jack
-Re-install midpipes

Great workaround! My transmission was not in the car when I put mine in and the mount was crushed almost completely flat.

FuzzyLogic
06-21-12, 06:12 PM
Great workaround! My transmission was not in the car when I put mine in and the mount was crushed almost completely flat.

I tried the exact same thing earlier with poor results. I think his transmission mount is softer / more worn than mine is (24k miles on my 06).

SevillianSTS
06-21-12, 06:46 PM
Are you insane? It's rubber. Putting it in the freezer is not going to help you--in fact, it's going to hurt you. Big time.

Isn't it a polyurethane; more of a plastic.

Anyways... Got mine on order

NC-V
06-21-12, 09:58 PM
I tried the exact same thing earlier with poor results. I think his transmission mount is softer / more worn than mine is (24k miles on my 06).

I have 65k on my 05. By no means am I saying it slid right in, but if you jack it up all the way to the stop, lube it, get the front lip/edge started into the mount then you can beat it in with a dead blow hammer. When you are putting it in watch the slot in the insert and make sure the edges aren't getting caught on the center post of the mount.

etcts-v
06-21-12, 10:16 PM
I have 65k on my 05. By no means am I saying it slid right in, but if you jack it up all the way to the stop, lube it, get the front lip/edge started into the mount then you can beat it in with a dead blow hammer. When you are putting it in watch the slot in the insert and make sure the edges aren't getting caught on the center post of the mount.

Yeah that wouldn't have been possible with mine, dead blow hammer and lube made zero difference when I tried it, the main problem was the sides of the mount not the top and bottom. I had to get one side a quarter way in then crunch the other side and use a screw driver while my roommate used the hammer to beat it in, chewed it up a bit.

That said it would have been a lot easier if my transmission had been in the car.

SevillianSTS
06-21-12, 11:51 PM
How much more work would be involved in just removing the stock mount to press this insert into it ?

xbladr
06-22-12, 02:15 AM
Fuzzy it is not "RUBBER" it is a polyurethane similar to what the dif bushing is from CS. Multiple people including myself have frozen the dif bushing with great results. Even if freezing the mount doesnt help thats fine but it certainly wont hurt. However, I would be all ears to hear your explanation on how the freezer will hurt a poly bushing

FuzzyLogic
06-22-12, 09:04 AM
Fuzzy it is not "RUBBER" it is a polyurethane similar to what the dif bushing is from CS. Multiple people including myself have frozen the dif bushing with great results. Even if freezing the mount doesnt help thats fine but it certainly wont hurt. However, I would be all ears to hear your explanation on how the freezer will hurt a poly bushing

The reason why you freeze the differential bushing is to shrink its steel shell prior to installation.

etcts-v
06-22-12, 01:47 PM
How much more work would be involved in just removing the stock mount to press this insert into it ?

Not much although I think you best bet would be to try NC-V's approach first as it gives you a way to force open the mount with a jack.

RADEoN
06-23-12, 07:34 PM

it won't hurt the bushing, but if it freezes the rubber and makes it less pliable, i could see how you'd run into issues putting it in.

FuzzyLogic
06-23-12, 10:11 PM
Just got RevShift transmission mount installed. Now that I'm finished, I could probably repeat the installation in less than 10 minutes. Instructions:

Put car on jacks. Don't bother removing the exhaust or prepping your vehicle in any other way.
Put hydraulic jack under back of transmission (forward of the transmission brace) and lift until vehicle is almost taken off the jack stands. That'll open the gap slightly.
Lube the RevShift transmission block. Get under the car and use a normal hammer to get the front edge seated equally in the gap on both sides.
Turn the hammer sideways and jam the head up past the transmission mount into the propeller flange. Now you have a lever. Push the handle of the hammer toward the front of the car, forcing the transmission block into the mount. You might have to re-seat the hammer a couple of times to get the right angle.

Impressions: my transmission mount only has 24k miles on it, so it was in very good shape. However, there was a very clear difference between the feel of the car before and after the RevShift transmission block installation. The most obvious change was the fact that by raising the back end of the transmission slightly, more pressure was placed on the shifter plate and consequently, I noticed a mild decrease in shifter slop. It's slightly notchier now that it was before (Katech v2 short shifter + UUC bushings), which isn't appreciated, but doesn't affect my ability to shift. I also feel slightly more transmission vibration through the shifter and into the car, which I like because my "butt dyno" has more data to chew on. When combined with the Creative Steel differential bushing and block, there was a slight, additional reduction in the infamous parade clunk that we all hate. I presume that disengaging the clutch is creating a torque reversal that causes upward deflection in the transmission, which this block tries to counteract.

In summary, the RevShift transmission block is ridiculously overpriced (it probably costs RevShift less than $5 to mold this), but still represents a worthwhile upgrade over the OEM Cadillac transmission mount. I didn't have shifting problems due to a collapsed transmission mount, so I'm not the primary audience for this part. Still, I don't regret the $50 because of the peace of mind and increased vibratory feel through the shifter that this block provides. For those of you that suspect that your shifting problems are due to transmission misalignment, this upgrade is a no-brainer.

xbladr
06-25-12, 09:55 PM
Thx for the review Fuzzy my shifter is already incredibly notchy so we will see how this goes when i do it on wednesday

FuzzyLogic
06-26-12, 12:10 AM
Thx for the review Fuzzy my shifter is already incredibly notchy so we will see how this goes when i do it on wednesday

I doubt it can get any worse. If anything, it'll only improve your ability to get into reverse by improving the angle that the shifter plate sits at relative to the top of the transmission. I went a little too far out into an intersection yesterday and did a 1-2-3 2nd-reverse-2nd to get out of that situation faster than I ever could've before.

On a side note, if you like to keep anything that jingles in the cupholders (e.g. change or small car parts), you're probably out of luck because the additional vibration you get when you REALLY get on the throttle will come straight up and excite anything in there.

xbladr
06-26-12, 10:29 PM
Haha ok I will be sure to move the change from my cupholders however, I usually just use them for cups believe it or not.

It goes in tomorrow and will post up my results in here as well.

xbladr
06-27-12, 08:53 PM
I installed this today with the tips from Fuzzy it went extremely smooth. I was able to pry it in without much issue.

I put the vehicle on the ground and shifted gears and it felt good real solid I was excited had just gotten out of an 11 hour shift had been up for over 24hours and went to bed. Woke up late and had to head back into work. I reversed out of my driveway and it felt great. I started driving put it in first... then second? Second? What the hell. Trying to get it into second gear while moving was extremely difficult and when you got it in it would vibrate horrifically unless i held it to the bottom left of the shifter gate with all my strength then it wouldn't vibrate. I said ok lets try 3rd and that was smooth like first. I then tried 4th and everytime you tried to put it in it sound like gears grinding it was terrible. I put it in 5th that was fine even 6th was ok.

Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I have the (custom short shifter) and am thinking of maybe adjusting that bottom bolt that hooks to the linkage. I know people have said sometimes if the nut is too tight or loose it can cause issues but does anyone else have any ideas?

Revshift
06-27-12, 09:28 PM
I installed this today with the tips from Fuzzy it went extremely smooth. I was able to pry it in without much issue.

I put the vehicle on the ground and shifted gears and it felt good real solid I was excited had just gotten out of an 11 hour shift had been up for over 24hours and went to bed. Woke up late and had to head back into work. I reversed out of my driveway and it felt great. I started driving put it in first... then second? Second? What the hell. Trying to get it into second gear while moving was extremely difficult and when you got it in it would vibrate horrifically unless i held it to the bottom left of the shifter gate with all my strength then it wouldn't vibrate. I said ok lets try 3rd and that was smooth like first. I then tried 4th and everytime you tried to put it in it sound like gears grinding it was terrible. I put it in 5th that was fine even 6th was ok.

Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening? I have the (custom short shifter) and am thinking of maybe adjusting that bottom bolt that hooks to the linkage. I know people have said sometimes if the nut is too tight or loose it can cause issues but does anyone else have any ideas?

So far we have heard nothing but great things from the dozens of people who have installed the insert. I have a feeling the issue is related to your custom short shifter. Also, if your motor mounts are sagging it could cause the trans to be angled as well. Keep us posted on what you figure out.

SevillianSTS
06-27-12, 09:30 PM
Hmmm.... wonder if you should grind it down a little, so its not quite as tall.

Dealer is finishing up my car then I have to work Thurs and Fri, so I'll probably put mine in on Sat.

Fuzzy, yours still working out fine ?

I do still have the stock shifter in, UUC on the way ;) planning on installing this insert first, so i'll be able to compare the insert with both shifters.

xbladr
06-27-12, 10:14 PM
@Revshift I was hoping not to have to change my mounts but it looks like I may have to do that sooner than later if I cant figure this out. I am most likely going to try and modify the bolt and see if that helps. Fuzzy what short shifter are you using currently?

@SevillianSTS I was thinking the same thing as it seems like the angle is most likely off but I dont want to start grinding it down. I am going to have to take a look at it again tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to share

FuzzyLogic
06-27-12, 11:07 PM
I'm using the 2nd generation Katech short shifter. I haven't seen what the DIY shifter looks like on the bottom, but it seems like you might've bent something on that shifter during the installation.

Was the shifter in 1st or reverse during the install?

NC-V
06-27-12, 11:17 PM
When I installed the insert I did a custom short throw similar to the pisnuoff (sp?) version, and upgraded all shifter bushings. This combo made my shifts more solid and have less play than the TR6060 shifters in the 5th gen camaros.

xbladr: pop the shifter handle/surround off and make sure the shifter is hitting or binding on anything in the console (like the big chunk of foam or rubber grommet) from boost in height from the insert. try removing that stuff and see if you can shift into 2nd and 4th . If not in there, jack up the car and have someone try to put it in second and forth while you're watching from underneath to see what is binding.

xbladr
06-27-12, 11:47 PM
When I installed the insert I did a custom short throw similar to the pisnuoff (sp?) version, and upgraded all shifter bushings. This combo made my shifts more solid and have less play than the TR6060 shifters in the 5th gen camaros.

xbladr: pop the shifter handle/surround off and make sure the shifter is hitting or binding on anything in the console (like the big chunk of foam or rubber grommet) from boost in height from the insert. try removing that stuff and see if you can shift into 2nd and 4th . If not in there, jack up the car and have someone try to put it in second and forth while you're watching from underneath to see what is binding.

@Fuzzy I did the shifter about 9 months ago but i believe it was in neutral during install. I would link you to the other forum that had pictures of the shifter I installed but am not sure if that is agains forum rules/policy or not

@NC-V Thanks I will give that a shot. If I am sitting still i can put it in every gear in fact it seems to go in nicely or atleast it feels like it is going in every gear. Mine is also similar to brians (pisnuoff).

xbladr
06-28-12, 10:13 AM
Adjusted the bolt this morning with no luck all it seemed to do was make it easier (loosen) or harder (tighten) to get it into 5,6, or R. Any other ideas guys I can feel it go into gear when im sitting there put the clutch in you can feel it nice and solid in 2 and 4 but when you go to drive if i dont pull it real hard bottom left second gear will rattle and you can feel it... 4th gear you can't really get it in and when i did at slow speed it almost feels like a clutch or flywheel spinning around and at a certain point its u can feel the bump... bump... bump... bump.. with that pause and the faster in the rpm range u go the faster you feel the vibration.

I may just yank this revshift block out. I am not blaming revshift but, not sure what else to try.

PISNUOFF
06-28-12, 06:27 PM
Sounds exactly like the linkage is hitting the driveshaft yoke. I'm pretty sure you welded a 1" diameter pipe on the bottom which lowers the linkage just about 1". My shifters use to hit with the UUC mount because it is 3/8" taller than the stock mount. I reduced the length of my insert and inverted the pivot ball housing which brought the linkage up about 3/8" and now there are no issues with my shifters and the UUC mount combo. If you don't want to or can't modify the shifter differently you can insert a shim plate between the metal pivot retainer and the linkage bracket and notch out the plastic retaining plate inside the console. This will raise the entire assembly into the console.

HAMSTAR
06-28-12, 06:32 PM
Brian like a badass with the answer.

xbladr
06-28-12, 06:54 PM
Brian thanks dude as always extremely helpful

NC-V
06-28-12, 10:13 PM
Sounds exactly like the linkage is hitting the driveshaft yoke. I'm pretty sure you welded a 1" diameter pipe on the bottom which lowers the linkage just about 1". My shifters use to hit with the UUC mount because it is 3/8" taller than the stock mount. I reduced the length of my insert and inverted the pivot ball housing which brought the linkage up about 3/8" and now there are no issues with my shifters and the UUC mount combo. If you don't want to or can't modify the shifter differently you can insert a shim plate between the metal pivot retainer and the linkage bracket and notch out the plastic retaining plate inside the console. This will raise the entire assembly into the console.

This definitely makes sense. When I modified my shifter, I didn't use 1" pipe, The material I used only extends about 3/4" lower than the original shifter bottom and with the height boost from the insert, it is tight down there. Let us know what you find!

PISNUOFF
06-29-12, 06:31 AM
Sagging motor mounts and a taller trans mount may be contributing to the increased height of the driveshaft but the major factor is the bottom of the shifter is too low.

SevillianSTS
06-30-12, 01:45 AM
Just put mine in, got home from work and couldn't wait until tomorrow.... well "today" now.

info on car:
new trans has 700 miles on it
stock motor mounts installed by dealer yesterday
stock shifter, for now... UUC on the way
Borla cat back exhaust -pretty mellow until you get on it quite a bit.
GForce axles

I like it. It does change the feel of the shifter slightly. I think it may have helped with my wheel hop a little more also. Reverse is easier to get into; wasn't difficult with the new trans... but its even easier now. I feel zero additional vibrations, quarters in my little change holder by the cup holders did not make a sound while on my test drive. Shifter sits perfectly still also, while driving and when idling.

I do think the car "seems" louder now though, just a little, only noticeable when the windows are up. I hear the exhaust more... not that it is bad.
Either it is transmitting the sound, or maybe lifting the trans to install moved my exhaust around a little and I need to re-tighten.

For sure overpriced; but if I was making these and selling them.... I'd probably charge 50 bucks too.

SevillianSTS
06-30-12, 11:51 PM
Yes, car definitely sounds different, you guys think its the insert ? or do I need to get under there and check for exhaust leaks. I'll probably check anyways, but figured I'd get some opinions too.

thanks

SevillianSTS
07-07-12, 03:28 AM
Revshift Transmission mount insert + UUC short shifter = pure driving bliss :D
I know that pissnuoff's shifter has a lot of good reviews, but I didn't want the "super" short throw, this is perfect.

I checked my exhaust and did find a small leak. The trans insert does transmit a little more of my borla's sound into the car; nothing wrong with that... I'm just giving my two cents for anyone thinking about the insert. No extra vibrations. Shifter sits perfectly still.
Shifter is so precise... and I've only driven it a mile or two so far. Time for bed.... :cloud9:

SevillianSTS
07-15-12, 03:36 PM
Hate to say this... but I toook the insert out to see how I liked the car with just the UUC shifter + shifter bushings.

I think I like it better without the revshift insert, with the insert gears 1 and 3 are so smooth at the expense of 2 and 4 being MORE notchy. Not terrible, but the short shifter was a huge improvement while the insert... i'm not sure. BTW, I have brand new stock motor mounts in.

Thinking about sanding the insert down a little and putting it back in, I like the idea of supporting the trans mount, but it seemed to me that this is so tall that it takes on all the support. I say this because with it in, the rubber on the trans mount was soft since this was sandwiched in there. Seems I would want the trans mount to still be supporting the trans a little.

NCOGNITO
12-20-12, 10:25 PM
Hate to say this... but I toook the insert out to see how I liked the car with just the UUC shifter + shifter bushings.

I also recently installed this and at first had a LOT more vibration in the car, which settled down a little bit over the last few days. It did mostly resolve my issue with "finding" Reverse and some notchiness when shifting all gears, but made it harder to use 6th gear (who needs 6th anyway ...). My main issue is the amount of noise I'm getting in the cabin from the engine/exhaust, which seems to have gotten much louder and much more rumble in my seat since installing the insert. I double-checked the header band clamps which are right under my seat and they don't appear to be leaking, so I'm assuming that it's just the insert transmitting sound into the car. I'm usually not against "louder", but this isn't louder in a good way, it sounds like a giant sewing machine at 3K RPM, rather than a rumbling beast and was fairly quiet without much vibration before the insert. I'm debating taking it out to see which way I prefer, since it's so easy to install after you know how to do it.

Just curious, how did you take it out? Any tips you can share? I was thinking of using a c-clamp and some small blocks to push it back out.

Revshift
12-20-12, 11:00 PM
I also recently installed this and at first had a LOT more vibration in the car, which settled down a little bit over the last few days. It did mostly resolve my issue with "finding" Reverse and some notchiness when shifting all gears, but made it harder to use 6th gear (who needs 6th anyway ...). My main issue is the amount of noise I'm getting in the cabin from the engine/exhaust, which seems to have gotten much louder and much more rumble in my seat since installing the insert. I double-checked the header band clamps which are right under my seat and they don't appear to be leaking, so I'm assuming that it's just the insert transmitting sound into the car. I'm usually not against "louder", but this isn't louder in a good way, it sounds like a giant sewing machine at 3K RPM, rather than a rumbling beast and was fairly quiet without much vibration before the insert. I'm debating taking it out to see which way I prefer, since it's so easy to install after you know how to do it.

Just curious, how did you take it out? Any tips you can share? I was thinking of using a c-clamp and some small blocks to push it back out.

How are your motor mounts? If they are bad then the insert can transmit the nvh from the bad motor mounts. Usually when people install our motor mounts and trans insert together they say that its nice and smooth. Sagging motor mounts could be the cause of the difficulty going into 6th gear as well.

NCOGNITO
12-20-12, 11:10 PM
How are your motor mounts? If they are bad then the insert can transmit the nvh from the bad motor mounts. Usually when people install our motor mounts and trans insert together they say that its nice and smooth. Sagging motor mounts could be the cause of the difficulty going into 6th gear as well.

They're brand new OEMs installed by the dealer less than 400 miles ago, where they removed the headers and replaced the band clamps with brand new ones that I provided. My preference would have been non-OEMs, but since I wasn't paying for it ... I let them install what they'll "support".

I installed the trans insert a couple of days after getting the car back and can only correlate the increased noise with the transmission insert until I take it out and determine that the extra noise/vibration has to do with something from the motor mount install gone awry or a new issue that's developed.

Revshift
12-20-12, 11:49 PM
They're brand new OEMs installed by the dealer less than 400 miles ago, where they removed the headers and replaced the band clamps with brand new ones that I provided. My preference would have been non-OEMs, but since I wasn't paying for it ... I let them install what they'll "support".

I installed the trans insert a couple of days after getting the car back and can only correlate the increased noise with the transmission insert until I take it out and determine that the extra noise/vibration has to do with something from the motor mount install gone awry or a new issue that's developed.

Interesting. There is definitely some more investigating needed. It is common for stiffer polyurethane parts to help identify other issues that need addressing. Keep me posted on what you find.

SevillianSTS
12-21-12, 07:42 AM

Thats interesting.. because I put my insert in right after the dealer replaced the stock motor mounts; and same results.

As far as removing it, I remember using the hammer again as a lever, and a screwdriver, and probably something else to help push it out; don't remember exactly.

FuzzyLogic
12-21-12, 07:55 AM
You guys need to be more patient. The noise and vibration will settle down over a period of about 2-3 weeks.

NCOGNITO
12-21-12, 09:15 AM
You guys need to be more patient. The noise and vibration will settle down over a period of about 2-3 weeks.

Hahaha Fuzzy, I'm trying man! I do admit that the vibration is not nearly as bad as it was the first time I drove it after the insert, but I'm getting impatient. It just sounds and feels much "different" than it used to and it makes me think that there is something else going on now. I cannot fathom what it could be, the engine purrs like a kitten (read LION) at idle, but the vibes and cabin noise at 3K-4K RPM feels like a giant sewing machine. 5th and 6th gear seem to be fine, when you're running at lower RPMs, but when you get on it the slightest bit, it doesn't sound "good" inside the car. That's the best way to describe it.

Previously with headers, HF cats and stock exhaust, the cabin was pretty quiet and not much in the way of vibration at all. Only one of the MMs was completely busted and the other was pretty weak but didnt explode yet. The dealer replaced both and I don't notice a huge difference in startup/shutdown, but there is a lot less slop when romping on it now. Over the weekend I can get some help troublshooting, so I can hear what it sounds like outside of the car and go from there. I have no CELs, no major exhaust SMELL inside the car unless I sit still for a long time and rolling down the windows doesn't convince me that it's the headers/exhaust that's creating the noise, so I was willing to pop the insert out and see what it was like without it again.

HAMSTAR
12-21-12, 10:14 AM
All I can think of is that the stock mounts, even when new, cause a lot of play in the engine bay that's being transferred down the drivetrain and traveling up the solidified mount with the revshift insert. If you had more solid mounts like revshifts or UMIs, that vibration would be dampened by the entire car.

FuzzyLogic
12-21-12, 11:07 AM
All I can say is when I first installed the transmission block, I couldn't put anything in the cup holders because it would vibrate like nuts at around 3,000 RPM. I considered taking out the block, but (fortunately) didn't have an opportunity for several weeks. As it turned out, after a couple of weeks, the sound and vibration died down to an acceptable level, but it still wasn't quite normal. After a couple of months, things were totally normal. I don't know whether its Revshift's poly that's settling, the OEM rubber settling, the mount sliding into a more natural position, or something else, but I know for a fact that its not me becoming acclimated to the sound and vibration, and I also know that the improvement in shifting has stuck.

NCOGNITO
12-21-12, 11:30 AM
All I can think of is that the stock mounts, even when new, cause a lot of play in the engine bay that's being transferred down the drivetrain and traveling up the solidified mount with the revshift insert. If you had more solid mounts like revshifts or UMIs, that vibration would be dampened by the entire car.

Interesting idea, considering both Sevilian and I had similiar issues, both with Stock MMs. Thanks HAMSTAR.

All I can say is when I first installed the transmission block, I couldn't put anything in the cup holders because it would vibrate like nuts at around 3,000 RPM. I considered taking out the block, but (fortunately) didn't have an opportunity for several weeks. As it turned out, after a couple of weeks, the sound and vibration died down to an acceptable level, but it still wasn't quite normal. After a couple of months, things were totally normal. I don't know whether its Revshift's poly that's settling, the OEM rubber settling, the mount sliding into a more natural position, or something else, but I know for a fact that its not me becoming acclimated to the sound and vibration, and I also know that the improvement in shifting has stuck.

Ok Fuzzy, I'll bite ... leaving it in. 3000 RPM is exactly where it's driving me nuts. It is MUCH colder today, 40 degrees compared to 60+ yesterday and first thing in the morning I got far less vibration/sound etc. when the car was cold than yesterday afternoon. Since the headers were removed to do the MM's, I'm going to check them this weekend to make sure they're torqued to the right setting and ride it out. I have a 600 mile road trip next weekend, so maybe that will speed things up.

As usual, thanks for your contributions and listening to my ramblings ...

FoD
12-21-12, 11:36 AM
After installing my Trans insert, I had a slight vibration increase. I just finished installing the Revshift MM's a couple days ago, and my vibration is ZERO now. The Trans insert had been in the vehicle for a month before MM install. My exhaust noise level has also decreased to a minimum, unless I'm lead-footing it...which I always do. Both of those mounts were the 80A Blue. I will be going with 95A Cradle/Trailing Arm/Control Arms once all are released. Other than a longer than expected wait due to Black Friday flooding sales, I am EXTREMELY please with Revshift products and customer service!

Revshift
12-21-12, 12:07 PM

This is what I am thinking too. I didn't want to say it before someone else because I didn't want anyone to think I was just pulling excuses out of the air. It is possible that the frequency of the new oem mounts and the frequency of the polyurethane insert are reacting with each other somehow around 3000 rpm and causing vibration. Then, once everything is broken in, the frequencies change a bit and everything is smooth. Obviously, with polyurethane motor mounts and trans insert the frequencies would be similar which would not cause any strange interactions or sudden vibration.

After installing my Trans insert, I had a slight vibration increase. I just finished installing the Revshift MM's a couple days ago, and my vibration is ZERO now. The Trans insert had been in the vehicle for a month before MM install. My exhaust noise level has also decreased to a minimum, unless I'm lead-footing it...which I always do. Both of those mounts were the 80A Blue. I will be going with 95A Cradle/Trailing Arm/Control Arms once all are released. Other than a longer than expected wait due to Black Friday flooding sales, I am EXTREMELY please with Revshift products and customer service!

This further makes me think that the frequency of the oem motor mounts is somehow countering the polyurethane insert in some situations. The polyurethane motor and trans insert work well together and make everything nice.

Glad to hear you are happy, FoD! We do our best!

NCOGNITO
12-21-12, 12:33 PM
This is what I am thinking too. I didn't want to say it before someone else because I didn't want anyone to think I was just pulling excuses out of the air. It is possible that the frequency of the new oem mounts and the frequency of the polyurethane insert are reacting with each other somehow around 3000 rpm and causing vibration. Then, once everything is broken in, the frequencies change a bit and everything is smooth. Obviously, with polyurethane motor mounts and trans insert the frequencies would be similar which would not cause any strange interactions or sudden vibration.

This further makes me think that the frequency of the oem motor mounts is somehow countering the polyurethane insert in some situations. The polyurethane motor and trans insert work well together and make everything nice.

This theory coincides with my impression that the noise/vibration isn't as intense when the car is cold, which is the opposite of what I would have anticipated. The stock MM's should be more rigid at lower temperatures, but when the engine bay warms up, the stock MM's could be flexing more and allowing the noise to travel to the most rigid point which is now the trans insert.

I couldn't pass this up ... care to rush order a free set of 80A MM's and I'll install between them to "test" this theory :-)

Revshift
12-21-12, 09:41 PM
I couldn't pass this up ... care to rush order a free set of 80A MM's and I'll install between them to "test" this theory :-)

Can't do that, we have bills to pay! The apocalypse sale still has a few hours left, though. The world didn't end today so you can still get a discount.

DisposableHero
12-30-12, 06:16 AM
Installed mine tonight... haven't driven it yet as I have the rear diff bushing still to do but wanted to let you guys know that I had to shave off a little of a corner in order to get the bushing in then it went right in with the hammer as leverage trick.

Wingsfan4life
12-30-12, 09:25 AM
Hopefully I'll be putting mine in next weekend along with diff bushing..drive that car and post if its shifting better or not! Lol I'm getting excited for mine

QwkRhino
02-02-13, 03:48 AM
I had my revshift trans mount insert in for three days, loved how the shifter felt but couldn't stand the vibration around 3000 rpm. Rattled the shifter my seat and even the clutch petal. I had to pull it out and the car feels back to normal..

FoD
02-02-13, 09:33 AM
I had my revshift trans mount insert in for three days, loved how the shifter felt but couldn't stand the vibration around 3000 rpm. Rattled the shifter my seat and even the clutch petal. I had to pull it out and the car feels back to normal..

Anything else possibly misaligned? Sagging driveshaft? Old Motor Mounts? The vibrations go away over time. I have almost 0 vibes now, after the Revshift trans install, motor mounts, and got rid of the stock driveshaft.

HAMSTAR
02-02-13, 10:47 AM

Others have reported these vibes upon install, but say they go away with time.

QwkRhino
02-02-13, 12:00 PM
I could not wait for it to go away. didn't like the feel or sound. I did not have any misalignment problems before the install any just pulled it back out by just jacking up the trans and not unbolting anything. Now the car is back to normal.

FuzzyLogic
02-02-13, 01:02 PM
I could not wait for it to go away. didn't like the feel or sound. I did not have any misalignment problems before the install any just pulled it back out by just jacking up the trans and not unbolting anything. Now the car is back to normal.

I know that we discussed this before, but I'm sticking to my guns: that was a mistake. It *will* be better than stock if you stick through it. Unless your car has less than 10,000 miles, you almost certainly have a misalignment with the stock mount.

54inches
02-03-13, 05:44 PM
I have the vibration as well, but it is much lower RPM.

I am waiting for it to go away, but shifter feels better most of the time.

Manseeno
03-02-13, 10:39 PM
I have the vibration as well, but it is much lower RPM.

I am waiting for it to go away, but shifter feels better most of the time.

Mine was installed a few days ago, and I most notice a vibration in the 1,250 - 1,900 rpm range, does not matter if the car is moving or not; in what rpm range is your vibe most noticable?
I must say that getting into 1st & reverse is sooo much easier now. I'm still on stock motor mounts (but have the revshift bluesin hand). I'm kinda waiting for the stock MMs to fail, two mechanics have told me they're still fine....

izcain
03-03-13, 02:00 AM
Going to be installing the insert sometime this week hopefully along with the SFI balancer. Have it in hand and ready to go in. I will post results when done as well. Already has CS motor mounts installed. Right now the trans definitely has some sag to it. Finding gears is not to much of a problem but the shifter is extremely notchy! Hoping to smooth that out some.

izcain
03-04-13, 10:06 PM
Ok couldn't help myself I had it on the bench and couldn't wait for the other stuff to get here. I installed it tonight and took it for a drive. Shifter was real notchy before and that has smoothed out quite a bit Car seems to shift much better especially 2nd 4th and 6th for me at least. It had no trouble getting reverse but now it is even better. There are vibes. But if I cared about vibes I wouldn't have bought a car like this in the first place. Maybe they will get better with time and maybe they wont either way no biggie since they are minimal. +1 on the block insert. For the price I think it was a wise investment.

Sharpening the sword so to speak.

Busted_Nut
03-16-13, 10:50 AM
+1 on RevShift blue Transmission Mount.

Great Mod

vcaddy06
03-16-13, 09:51 PM
Just ordered mine a few minutes ago

rjm27
03-17-13, 10:26 AM
For comparison's sake, I also installed the revshift insert, and couldn't handle the vibrations, took it out and installed a CS trans mount after about a month. The stocker with insert made the biggest difference getting into first and particularly reverse, but the vibrations and added noise were more than I could handle (I have UMI motor mounts.) CS mount feels better than the sagging stocker, but it doesn't go into reverse easily like it did with the revshift insert.

Ryan K
08-23-13, 02:25 AM
I just installed the Revshift motor mounts and the insert. My stock motor mounts were completely toast. I am having an issue with 2nd and 4th gear. The shifter knob hits the shifter bezel when pulling 2nd and 4th and makes it hard to get into those gears in a hurry. Help...

Ryan K
09-04-13, 05:05 PM
Found my problem, the shifter to body bolts were loose.. No that that's fixed I love it!

SupertreyG
09-13-13, 12:54 AM
I have had my V for about 2 months and thought i would add my 2 cents to this subject.

I replaced my motor mounts last month with the revshift blue mounts, then installed the transmission mount insert the next weekend. I noticed an increase in sound in the cab similar to some of the previous posts. Some additional vibrations were felt initially, mainly in the floorboard and pedals.

The vibrations did reduce to an unnoticeable point after a few weeks, but the noise is what I find intolerable. It can be heard at almost all rpm, and is similar to an exhaust sound except higher pitch. I also now hear more transmission noise, for example, gears clicking during shifting and spinning sounds while in neutral.

I have no complaints against the revshift insert as a product, it really gave the shifting a much better and more solid feel. However, vibration and noise is an individual preference, and for me it is a little too much. My V is stock and my daily driver, so comfort slightly outweighs performance in this area.

I read some other threads about Creative Steel's "caddy soft" mount and some people who tried it with success in terms of vibration/sound. They don't make that mount anymore but have a new style mount that is supposed to be good for reducing the vibrations. I'm going to give it a try. It has a hardness of 40 versus the Revshift insert at 80. After I get it installed this weekend I will give a report back.

Scott2012
09-13-13, 09:57 PM
I gotta wonder... I replaced the MM and added the trans insert with revshift blue. My shifts are smoother, engine doesn't sway anymore and no shutter at shut down. I have no added vibrations or noise... I wonder if there's some else that could be causing vibration/noise issues as some get it, and like me, some don't.

SupertreyG
09-14-13, 01:54 PM
I few words about the Creative Steel mount. It appears to be good quality in its construction. The polyurethane is softer, it gives a little when I push on it hard with my fingernail, the Revshift I couldn't make an indention. This is logical as the CS mount is 40 hardness and the Revshift is 80. The holes properly aligned with the transmission and the studs on the bottom were straight, aligned easily in the support and had plenty of length.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying the Revshift is a poor product or inferior construction! I am completely satisfied with their motor mounts and am considering using some of their bushings.

I installed the the transmission mount and tested it out. The quality of the shifting is still good and it goes into reverse easily. There are no new or noticeable vibrations, similar to the revshift once it "broke in."

The biggest difference is in the sound. There is no more spinning sound from the transmission or gear clicking sounds as I mentioned in my earlier post. The car is much quieter throughout the RPM range, though not back to the Cadillac quiet with the original mount. I can hear the radio better at highway speeds and don't have any reverberating or droning sounds.

The important thing is that, for my use, it is quiet enough. I think I had realistic expectations. I did not expect to obtain stock sound levels, but rather reduce the noise to a level tolerable to me. If this was a pure play car or a track car these would not have been issues for me. The CS mount gave me a good blend of accurate shifting and low noise/vibration levels.

Hope this helps anyone debating the two and what they are using it for!

Charlie Costello
09-28-13, 03:05 PM
After doing the LS7 clutch kit from East Coast Performance two week ago, I order the revshift insert. I went to install it today, and my transmount looked brand new after 150k miles. I thought why not install anyway. Dropped the front of the Corsa exhaust and jacked up the trans as mentioned in this thread. I used the lube they sent as well as spraying "rubber lube" into the cavities of the mount. Used a 10" long 2X4 and placed it against the insert. About 10 blows later with an 8 lb. hammer on the 2X4, wala, it was in. I only have driven it about 9 miles home from my shop, but I like it a lot. Feels better, and a slight increase in trans gear whining, but it lessened after a few miles. I believe it to be a worthwhile mod since I am also doing the carrier modification with the windshield butyl in two weeks.

SevillianSTS
09-29-13, 01:20 AM
On the stock mount, what holds the rubber to the metal plates ?

I have the insert in there, but 1st and Reverse do not seem to slide in like I remember when I first installed the insert. Trans has been replaced since; insert is still in there. Just wondering if the rubber is separating from the mount.

Charlie Costello
09-29-13, 08:32 AM
The rubber is bonded to the steel components. Do not know the process though. Been doing motor mounts the same way for over 60 years.

SupertreyG
09-30-13, 08:45 PM
On the stock mount, what holds the rubber to the metal plates ?

I have the insert in there, but 1st and Reverse do not seem to slide in like I remember when I first installed the insert. Trans has been replaced since; insert is still in there. Just wondering if the rubber is separating from the mount.

Even if the rubber separated, it is all held together by gravity and that big center pin.

SevillianSTS
09-30-13, 09:15 PM
Even if the rubber separated, it is all held together by gravity and that big center pin.

I kinda thought so; figured I'd check with you guys too though. Din't know if it could shift around or anything.
Seems as I'm slowing to a stop, if I push to 1st just before stopping it pops right in; if I complete stop there's just a little more effort needed.
No issues though, just curious. Thanks.

Mongopush
10-05-13, 08:32 AM
I just had my Revshift motor mounts installed and the trans mount insert,I have no added vibration or noise. Now my shifts are clean and its easy to find the gears. I still have some drive line slack but I believe its mostly due to the rear diff bushing which they said is toast, next on my list. So far I'm loving it, honestly it just made me aware of how bad it was before the swap. I had no clue since the car was new to me with 66k miles on it.

PJGross
10-06-13, 10:54 AM
I am also doing the carrier modification with the windshield butyl in two weeks.
Just a note on this, it might just have been generic terminology, but for anyone filling the driveshaft carrier bearing rubber bushing, you do not want to use a "butyl" material. You are looking for a polyurethane windshield adhesive. Butyl caulk was commonly used for sealing gasketed windows, but butyl has no physical strength in either the non-skinning or skinning variety. Again, it could have been terminology but I'm just clarifying for those looking into the mod.
-PJ

SevillianSTS
10-10-13, 02:42 PM
I few words about the Creative Steel mount. It appears to be good quality in its construction. The polyurethane is softer, it gives a little when I push on it hard with my fingernail, the Revshift I couldn't make an indention. This is logical as the CS mount is 40 hardness and the Revshift is 80. The holes properly aligned with the transmission and the studs on the bottom were straight, aligned easily in the support and had plenty of length.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying the Revshift is a poor product or inferior construction! I am completely satisfied with their motor mounts and am considering using some of their bushings.

I installed the the transmission mount and tested it out. The quality of the shifting is still good and it goes into reverse easily. There are no new or noticeable vibrations, similar to the revshift once it "broke in."

The biggest difference is in the sound. There is no more spinning sound from the transmission or gear clicking sounds as I mentioned in my earlier post. The car is much quieter throughout the RPM range, though not back to the Cadillac quiet with the original mount. I can hear the radio better at highway speeds and don't have any reverberating or droning sounds.

The important thing is that, for my use, it is quiet enough. I think I had realistic expectations. I did not expect to obtain stock sound levels, but rather reduce the noise to a level tolerable to me. If this was a pure play car or a track car these would not have been issues for me. The CS mount gave me a good blend of accurate shifting and low noise/vibration levels.

Hope this helps anyone debating the two and what they are using it for!

Do you think there is any difference in shifter movement between the CS Mount, and the RevShift insert ?

I'm less concerned with noise and more interested in smoothest fluid shifting.

SupertreyG
10-11-13, 05:53 PM
No difference that I can see in the movement of the shifter. Reverse is still a little tricky sometimes, however, a quick shift to second and then to reverse usually works smoothly.

Other than that shifts are smooth.

EnV
10-14-13, 11:12 PM
Installed the trans mount insert a few months ago. First and reverse still give me trouble sometimes and once a day I'll have problems getting it into gear smoothly between shifts.

Mongopush
10-15-13, 07:24 AM
Installed the trans mount insert a few months ago. First and reverse still give me trouble sometimes and once a day I'll have problems getting it into gear smoothly between shifts. What about the motor mounts and the rear diff. bushing, those new as well?

EnV
10-15-13, 10:39 AM
What about the motor mounts and the rear diff. bushing, those new as well?

Yes revshift street motor mounts were put in as well, but I was told heat shields were not neccessary so they are probably toast next to my Kooks. I haven't had a chance to get under the car and check yet. Carrier bushing was replaced maybe a year ago.

stever06
10-15-13, 11:46 AM
How was your carrier bushing replaced, its all one piece in the drive shaft I thought.

SevillianSTS
11-03-13, 10:55 PM
Update:

I swapped my stock mount with insert, out for the creative steel mount. (been in for a few weeks now; wanted to thoroughly test it before giving the update)

Gotta say I think it is the best of both worlds. I didn't like how the revshift insert made 1st and reverse feel better at the expense of a notchier 2nd and 4th.

Even after letting the insert "settle in" for a while (months) I like the sound with the creative steel better. I still hear the growl of the engine under load through it, but not so much droan as before.

Shifter feels nice and solid, and all my gears feel equally easy to move to.

The insert is not a bad product by revshift, I just favor this new mount more.

FuzzyLogic
11-03-13, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see a full mount option from Revshift to compete with Creative Steel in this area.

philistine
11-04-13, 11:14 AM
Update:

I swapped my stock mount with insert, out for the creative steel mount. (been in for a few weeks now; wanted to thoroughly test it before giving the update)

Gotta say I think it is the best of both worlds. I didn't like how the revshift insert made 1st and reverse feel better at the expense of a notchier 2nd and 4th.

Even after letting the insert "settle in" for a while (months) I like the sound with the creative steel better. I still hear the growl of the engine under load through it, but not so much droan as before.

Shifter feels nice and solid, and all my gears feel equally easy to move to.

The insert is not a bad product by revshift, I just favor this new mount more.

I think I'm gonna give the CS transmount a try. I currently have the RS insert in there and had to reverse the spherical cup in the base of the shifter to get it into reverse. Wasn't a problem until I reassembled my car. I use the Katech shifter.

fweasel
11-05-13, 01:34 AM
I think I'm gonna give the CS transmount a try. I currently have the RS insert in there and had to reverse the spherical cup in the base of the shifter to get it into reverse. Wasn't a problem until I reassembled my car. I use the Katech shifter.for clarification, is your cup now upside down or in the original position?

FuzzyLogic
11-05-13, 01:55 AM
I'm not sure what Philistine means. I've had the cup in both orientations in the last couple of weeks, and the transmission shifted the same way both times. The problem with reversing the cup orientation is that 2nd, 4th, and 6th leave the shifter jammed up against the lip of the box. And you'll never be able to run an aftermarket driveshaft, since you have almost no clearance. As far as I know, there's no advantage to messing with the stock orientation.

philistine
11-05-13, 09:57 AM
for clarification, is your cup now upside down or in the original position?

Flipped it upside down. Wasn't a problem till I reassembled all my new parts and could not get it into reverse after a marathon session of bleeding the clutch.

Revshift
11-05-13, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see a full mount option from Revshift to compete with Creative Steel in this area.

Alright, you got it. I've been putting it off for long enough. I already have it designed. I guess its time to make a real life part. There will be no competition. :D

Do you want a better toe rod option while we are at it?

FuzzyLogic
11-05-13, 08:01 PM
Alright, you got it. I've been putting it off for long enough. I already have it designed. I guess its time to make a real life part. There will be no competition. :D

Do you want a better toe rod option while we are at it?

I'm excited about the transmission mount. The rubber on my stock mount is starting to peel away from the metal. But the Revshift insert looks new. Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support? Also, what's the chance that you could mold some 80A exhaust hangars? The OEM rubber ones are very soft and can crack and decay.

As far as toe rods go, I think you'd have to come in with a product that's lighter, stiffer, cheaper, easier to adjust, or some combination thereof (versus BMR or Creative Steel). On the front end of the car, there's more room for improvement--we don't have light/stiff tie rods, and we have one of the world's heaviest spindles. That spindle could be swapped out (see thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/370450-unsprung-weight-reduction-09-13-forged.html)) for the V2 spindles, if only we had compatible sway bars or end links. If there's anything you can do about any of that, I think you'll have some excited customers.

I'm also looking for someone to do some plastic/carbon fiber molding of underbody panels. Do you know anyone who might be capable and interested in that?

JFensty
11-05-13, 08:08 PM
How about a 80a guibo joint? One that can be a solution for the majority of misaligned drivetrains....

FuzzyLogic
11-05-13, 08:13 PM
How about a 80a guibo joint? One that can be a solution for the majority of misaligned drivetrains....

Absolutely agree. I have the Revshift billet coupler, and cannot run above 21 mph with it (the driveshaft carrier bearing vibrates in a truly horrifying way), despite doing all of the other bushing modifications, and following the instructions to the "T". In my opinion, the OEM drivetrain geometry makes it impossible. I'm saving the coupler though--should be able to use it when I get the G-Force 9" IRS.

philistine
11-05-13, 08:14 PM
Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support?

Now that would be awesome and worth every penny!

Revshift
11-05-13, 09:10 PM
Any chance it'll be height adjustable (e.g. screw drive) or provide better lateral support?

I wont say specifics right now but you will be happy with it.

There is an 80A full poly indestructible guibo in the works. We are waiting on patents. Yes, its that serious.

fweasel
11-05-13, 11:22 PM
cool

V-twin
11-06-13, 01:54 AM
How far away is the transmission mount? I'm ready for one!

sssnake
11-06-13, 11:48 AM
I wont say specifics right now but you will be happy with it.

There is an 80A full poly indestructible guibo in the works. We are waiting on patents. Yes, its that serious.

I know the answer is likely no but I have to ask - any ETA on the guibo? I would love to get another year out the driveshaft before going to a 9".

JFensty
11-06-13, 03:30 PM
How long is the moonlighting period for the vibes to stop or go away when using the insert?

CTSVLSX
11-06-13, 05:33 PM
It's giubo! Not guibo :P lol
THe more improvements on the drivetrain I can get, the better. Keep us informed on what you are making! :)
I'm almost done installing every single revshift product they make for my V. The GF 9" rear is pretty nice but still has a clunk, although not anywhere near as bad as the stock diff.
We will see how the GIUBO works with the 9" IRS and 2 piece driveshaft (the current billet one)

Mongopush
02-20-14, 07:46 PM
I have installed new motor mounts,rear diff. bushing,trans insert and finally shifter bushings. It seemed with each replacement the shifting was better but more cabin noise and vibration each time. I was getting some serious shifter rattle and gear noise so I took out the Revshift insert the other day. I trimmed down the high spots on the top and bottom and stuck it back in there, maybe 3/8" total material trimmed off. I also took maybe an 1/8" of the sides were it touches the OEM rubber. I was basically wanting some height from the insert but not wanting it to be crammed in there. I wanted to give the OEM mount some room to move around under load if needed. So far it seems to be my fix, gears shift smooth and just a hint of gear noise under heavy acceleration. Under normal driving, no gear noise so far. I also was concerned about maybe it slipping out, after several hours of driving it hasn't moved.

JD03Cobra
04-07-14, 11:34 AM
Installed the Revshift trans mount over the weekend. So far so good, tad bit tighter between shifts. I have a B&M shifter which is already a bit noisy but not bad. Now under acceleration it's much louder in 1st & 2nd. Not very happy about it. May look into PISNUOFF's shifter next.

SevillianSTS
04-07-14, 04:17 PM
Installed the Revshift trans mount over the weekend. So far so good, tad bit tighter between shifts. I have a B&M shifter which is already a bit noisy but not bad. Now under acceleration it's much louder in 1st & 2nd. Not very happy about it. May look into PISNUOFF's shifter next.

I felt the same way. It helped the shifts, but was louder.

Creative Steel complete replacement mount was the best of both worlds for me.

BigDaddy-V
04-07-14, 04:55 PM
How does that one help with the lateral movement of the tranny on turning if just the bottom of the mount is reinforced. That has been another concern of mine with just the insert. If the factory rubber is that squished then there will be some rolling around wouldn't there?

BDV

verywhitedevil
04-07-14, 05:47 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the RevShift full trans mount when done. ready to ditch the last CS piece I have.

Creative Steel Inc
04-07-14, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry verywhitedevil that you feel that way, that's not what we're about. Let me know if there's something I can do to change your mind.

JD03Cobra
04-07-14, 10:14 PM
The more I drive around with the Revshift trans mount, the more the noise is bothering me. It's only been a few days but frankly the stock mount kept things quiet in the cabin. Seems like you need to find the right combinations of mounts to get happy results. I'll give it a few more weeks and see if things change, otherwise I'm removing mine.

I am looking to upgrade to the RevShift full trans mount when done. ready to ditch the last CS piece I have.

Becker
04-07-14, 10:52 PM
I have the latest and greatest CS mount and all has been well. Made some modifications of my own to my hurst shifter to get the noise level down. I also got a revshift insert that I will try when I swap the clutch simply just for a comparison. I have had not a single issue with my Cs mount.

In fact I think CS should hook me up a diff block just so I can try it out haha.

I don't care about past comparison threads but in my car with new CS motor mounts and tranny mount. My car is solid and noise free.

Remember that every cars geometry is a little different. What works for one may not work for another. Take that for what it is worth.

----------

I might add that I have not tried a single revshift product and that's why I got the insert. To try.

I look forward to getting some other bushings from either company. My initial purchase decision will be based on general reviews and hardness of what I'm looking for. Also I appreciate great customer service.

I look forward to further enhancing my v for me . Whether it be company A or company B. Or maybe C?

MotorMounts
04-07-14, 11:49 PM
Can't get any more honest than that ^^^

JD03Cobra
04-08-14, 12:17 AM
Remember that every cars geometry is a little different. What works for one may not work for another. Take that for what it is worth.[COLOR="Silver"]

This about sums it up right here! I have parts from both companies, just cant find the right combo yet. Frustrating.

NickL84
04-08-14, 01:47 PM
I just ordered Revshift's complete Cts V 95A bushing kit, along with the trans insert, I will be reporting back when everything is installed this month. Thanks again Revshift!