: looking to get another V

vman17
06-04-12, 02:30 AM
I am thinking about trading in my s/c vett for a V. I had a 05 V and traded that for the vett but now looking to come back. I am wondering if the is any difference between a 09- 11 besides coup and sedan I should be looking for when I start looking for a new ride. Different options drive train difference tranny ect. Thanks for any info I can get from you guys and ladies it will be very helpful

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 03:07 PM
Welcome, vman17!

I'm sure you'll find this community very informative, and I'm also on hand if you have any questions. (Email me anytime at Katie_Lucilles@gmexpert.com!) You may also find http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/vehicles.html helpful when comparing models.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

DangFoo
06-04-12, 03:30 PM
The tranny discussion is a highly subjective one; good news being that both auto and manual owners seem to be pleased with what they have. You couldn't always find nice things to say about GM manuals (1980s and 1990s), but they seem to have done well in recent years. I'm a fan of the Recaro seats and I'm driving a regular CTS loaner vehicle right now and although the "standard" seats are comfortable; they simply don't provide the lateral grip and bolstering provided by the Recaros. Moonroof is give and take; mine does creak and flex (like most cars) - especially in hot weather, but I still like it.

The only nit-picky thing I wish could be deleted is the obsidian black center applique; it scratches easy. Rather have carbon fiber or even brushed aluminum. I'm going to yank the wood and black trim out (or at least cover it) when the timing is right.

pmsteinm
06-04-12, 05:31 PM
I had an 04 V for 5 years before my current V. Everything I ever complained about in the 04V has been fixed in the 09V (right down to lack of wood and rainsense wipers, both of which I have on mine).

Diff - Fixed
Lame interior - Fixed
Wheel Hop - Fixed
Lack of refinement - Fixed (although some might prefer it the old way)
Notchy Shifter - Fixed
Drivetrain lash - Fixed
Ride Quality - Improved
Performance - Improved
Comfort - Improved

Only 2 things are "worse": Price & Fuel Econ, neither of which should matter for a car like this anyway.

Regarding the transmission: after the V1, I was debating getting an auto. If you still like to row your own don't hesitate to get the manual in the V2. It's so much smoother.

The only complaint I have about the V2 vs V1: Missing oil temp (although it was wrong in the old one) and now only 1 DIC display instead of the previous 3 (left cluster, right, and nav screen). It was nice to have more displays.

zinner
06-04-12, 10:25 PM
I think the rear backup cam is a good deal, I like that feature. Manual is better than my 05 CTS-V, but in defense the 05 had 50k on the clock when I bought it. I would opt for no recaro's but dealers love to tack on that 3500 dollar extra. I wish Caddy had improved the DIC to be color, it's pretty much the same display tech, a dot matrix display from 1980.

Finally the cooled seats are worthless.

kenhock
06-05-12, 07:57 PM
i had an 05 cts-v (leased), then an 08 sts-v (bought used with 9k miles) and just recently traded the sts-v in on a new cts-v. there's no comparison between the 2 cts-v's; the v2 version is superior to the v1. the v1 ride was fun, non cadillac like, road feeling, etc -- just what i expected and wanted at the time. the v2 is a very smooth ride, almost sts-v like but the sts-v is a much larger car that handles very well for a car that size but not v-like. the options are much better (v1 vs. v2); the recaro seats are expensive but they are great, including the cooling feature. v2 performance is everything you've heard about and then some. from the various comments in this forum it seems that the 2012's have fewer problems but that's probably not really fair. i think getting back into a v is a great move, one you won't regret. i miss the heads up display, the blind spot indicator and the lane change alarm that i had in the sts-v but the gps system is far far superior as is the overall feel and performance. the v2 is an incredible car!

thebigjimsho
06-08-12, 11:48 PM
Recaros and the coolers are awesome. Well worth the money...

V locity
06-09-12, 11:06 AM
If you are thinking Auto, get a 2012. It has the newly programmed tanny like the ZL1.

Junkie414
06-11-12, 01:53 AM
Recaros and the coolers are awesome. Well worth the money...

x2. Having had an 05 V, 09 V and now 2012 V I couldn't be happier with the Racaro/AC seat option especially in Texas! V2's are in every way better then a V1 man, you won't regret it.

If you are thinking Auto, get a 2012. It has the newly programmed tanny like the ZL1.

My 09 compared to my 2012, the 09 felt a good amount faster.