: New Aftermarket Parts coming for 2013?

Bigron
06-03-12, 11:39 PM
At the Cadillac Corral this weekend they were showing off some of the stuff that is currently offered or is coming soon to a dealer or Luke near you. I continued to harp the need for an exhaust option.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1373.jpg

Grill

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1370.jpg

2 piece rotors

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1371.jpg

Spoiler

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1372.jpg

Red Calipers

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1384.jpg

Diff cooler

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/Belle%20Isle/IMG_1374.jpg

Chin spoiler and exhaust not shown.

thebigjimsho
06-04-12, 12:06 AM
The spoiler and red calipers I have not seen. The rest were on display at Cadillac Driving Labs 2 years ago...

Gordy Petrovski
06-04-12, 12:11 AM
I was told at the race that within 45 days the grill was going to be available from the dealers. Luke!! yes please :yup:

thebigjimsho
06-04-12, 12:12 AM
Why do people care about the grille? Plasti-dip works, and well...

GM-4-LIFE
06-04-12, 12:55 AM
Why can't they make these factory options? I would order it from the factory the way I want, so when I take delivery it is ready to go and I don't have to deal with installing it after. I would go for the black grille and diff cooler, but that spoiler looks FUGLY! I like the yellow calipers over the red. Red calipers are so 2000.

Bigron
06-04-12, 08:55 AM

This is more of a black chrome. Different look. But I do like how my lip and fog light bezel look with the dip.

Why can't they make these factory options? I would order it from the factory the way I want, so when I take delivery it is ready to go and I don't have to deal with installing it after. I would go for the black grille and diff cooler, but that spoiler looks FUGLY! I like the yellow calipers over the red. Red calipers are so 2000.

My guess is build time and tooling (example that diff cooler), and I am sure plenty of other items I can't think of. But many companies though let you order the car with items that the dealer installs before delivery.
I don't prefer the red either but good to see more options then less and them supporting the aftermarket. They will be offered those from the factory in 2013 at least that was my understanding.

I gave them a pretty hard time about an exhaust and the fact that I loved my Corsa gm parts exhaust and disappointed about the lack of a V2 offering. One story I heard was an issue with decibels and compliance. Another I heard was they were back and forth between Borla and Corsa.
Regardless the car has been out since the end of 2008. If they were going to do something it should have been out by now. A major chunk of the market has already went a different route and bought something aftermarket.

M5eater
06-04-12, 09:02 AM
red calipers? last I heard about that was in one of the 09 initial reviews where it was supposed to denote the track brake package(with the 2 piece rotors)

Plastidip is a 90% solution to a details oriented person.

The finish is rough, I screwed mine up and I didn't get fantastic coverage like I should have.

If the OEM grill is <$400, ad me to the list of buyers.

that said, this exact car has been around for almost a year now, this was the supersonic blue V concept. did it have Blue leather? it should have also had V logos etched onto the exhaust tips, which everyone got excited over as we thought it was the elusive oem exhaust package.

empty promises as far as I'm concerned until there are parts numbers in the system

Bigron
06-04-12, 09:35 AM
red calipers? last I heard about that was in one of the 09 initial reviews where it was supposed to denote the track brake package(with the 2 piece rotors)

the grille I would buy in a heartbeat of it were <$400

that said, this exact car has been around for months now, this was the supersonic blue V concept. did it have Blue leather? it should have also had V logos etched onto the exhaust tips, which everyone got excited over as we thought it was the elusive oem exhaust package.

empty promises as far as I'm concerned until there are parts numbers in the system

Yep, same car. Exhaust was actually removed and so was the front spoiler. I made the comment about being excited about seeing/hearing that exhaust.
Regarding the red calipers; the black V shown above had them with non 2-piece rotors so who knows how they will be packaged.

nerddason
06-04-12, 12:42 PM
The grille and calipers look great. Yeah not sure if I would plasti-dip though

Airfoto
06-04-12, 01:52 PM
GM - still has it's head where the sun doesn't shine - the Supersonic Blue DIDN'T and DOESN't look good on the Corvette so now their goin put it on the V - other options Blue interior - VERY DUMB - their also pushing that on the Corvette - GM's design group just must sit around drinking coffee suckin down a smoke and BS all day and then agree on a senceless modifaction to present as an option for their cars! Their LOST!!!!!!!!

M5eater
06-04-12, 02:08 PM
acutally.. I like SS on the V.

The blue interior I could do without, but it's no more crazy than the orange/ maroon or other BMW individual, Audi or merc leather options.

M5eater
06-04-12, 02:09 PM
double post woes.

CoppeR
06-04-12, 04:05 PM
The grille option would be nice but doubt they're gonna do it for the last MY (2013) with this body style. I am holding off so I can get the 2 peice rotors though. 2013 Thunder Grey ftw!

Torxila
06-04-12, 06:41 PM
Everyone's tastes vary. I don't actually care for the SS Blue exterior, but like the Midnight Blue Leather/Suede combo, maybe in a White or Silver car. I would like to see Ebony/Wine/Deep Burgundy, 2 tone Recaro's with Black/Silver/White cars.

I like the grills and 2 pc rotors. I plan to do both over this coming winter. Oh, and for us stick guys, where's the F-ing LAUNCH CONTROL software. Camaro yes!!! V = no; Are you kidding me? I voiced my wish list to more than a couple of people. In no uncertain terms for them to GET SERIOUS about the V Series products! (Rant off...almost)

I would like to see "V" specific Dealers who invest in having a factory TRAINED "V" tech and maybe 1 or 2 REAL CAR GUY sales people. I'm guessing 90% of us know more about the product than the dealer sales people. Vipers/AMG/Audi-S-RS cars have specific techs and sales people (at least in my area= S.E.Mich) (OK blood pressure is pumped)

WE ALL need to write/email (As in HOUND THEIR A$$es) the product guys until they get the picture.

George
akaTorxila

baabootoo
06-04-12, 06:53 PM
Blue calipers on a blue car like the new M5! Perrrrrrrrrrrrrdy!

CTS-Vz
06-04-12, 07:25 PM
Nice! Do you have a side profile of the full car BigRon? Not sure what I think of the wing yet.

I agree...red calipers are definitely for "HEY look at me".

Bigron
06-04-12, 09:12 PM
Nope sorry. Someone else might though who was there.

Here was some pictures from when this car first started circulating
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/cadillac-cts-v-supersonic-blue-prototype/#photo-4288966/