: 2011 Esc volume control

PraetorianEDS
06-03-12, 09:00 PM
Can rear passengers control the XM radio/DVD/AUX volume on my 2011 Esc?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 02:56 PM
Is your Escalade equipped with a Rear Seat Audio (RSA) System? Vehicles with this feature allow the rear seat passengers to listen to and control any of the music sources: radio, CD, DVD, or other auxiliary sources. According to page 7-58 of your owners manual, the rear seat passengers using RSA can control the same music sources the front seat passengers are listening to (dual control) or a different source.

If you'd like me to investigate further for you, feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. If you include the last eight of your VIN, that would help in my research!

Hope this helps,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

PraetorianEDS
06-05-12, 01:24 AM
Hey Katie,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, my vehicle has the RSE but I was unable to make it work

The last eight VIN digits are: BR257296.

Basically I was trying to enable the rear passengers to control the volume for the AUX where I had connected the iPhone.

I was selecting the AUX source but the knob was not responsive.

Thank you for your time

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-05-12, 04:02 PM
Hi again! I checked my resources for you on your behalf, and confirmed that your Escalade did indeed come equipped with U42 (Rear Seat Entertainment Centre). However, the information I was looking at indicates that you may be a resident currently outside the United States. Is this correct? I apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but my parameters are within the US. I would be happy to locate information on the Customer Assistance teams near you, however, so please let me know (via post or via email) your country and I can send that info your way!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service