: Is there any way to make the rear tires lock with the parking brake?

PraetorianEDS
06-03-12, 09:55 PM
Hello,

For the purpose of Advance Tactical Driving training, and in order to execute a particular maneuver, we need to lock the rear tires when engaging the park brake.
Is there any way that can be achieved by a simple mod or it requires a major one?

Thank you for your time

murphy
06-03-12, 11:33 PM
Without trying it I'd doubt there is sufficient friction to lock the wheels. I don't think the brakes have enough mechanical advantage to lock those big wheels with all that weight..did you try it ?

hcvone
06-04-12, 08:06 AM
As said wheels too big and heavy and parking brake pads are too small for serious stopping

PraetorianEDS
06-05-12, 02:28 AM
I think the only viable option would be to install a secondary caliper with bigger pads. Any suggestions?

hcvone
06-05-12, 07:35 AM
I think the only viable option would be to install a secondary caliper with bigger pads. Any suggestions?

Or dump the anti lock brake system/active handling, re-run the brake lines with basis controls on all lines, there has to be some shops that do this with armoured cars

K9Caddy
06-05-12, 03:25 PM
Curious what kind of "advanced driving" you are doing, that locking up the back brakes is needed? Locking up the back brakes during any high-speed driving will cause the vehicle to lose control. Did you watch the fast and furious and think you are going to drift? Lol

nathanjax
06-05-12, 07:14 PM
Curious what kind of "advanced driving" you are doing, that locking up the back brakes is needed? Locking up the back brakes during any high-speed driving will cause the vehicle to lose control. Did you watch the fast and furious and think you are going to drift? Lol

Under cover cop car?

K9Caddy
06-05-12, 07:18 PM
Under cover cop car?

Why the need to lock up the rear brakes?

evois
06-06-12, 10:01 PM
Try installing an accessory brake caliper like the Aston Martin and route a handbrake lever?