: V coupe rear wheel

Ste_V_e
06-03-12, 07:20 PM
I bought my car used about 5 months ago and realised one of the rear wheels was not the same polished rim as the others. Also I noticed the replaced rim was rebalanced.

I'm not sure what the situation is, as I bought the car used with 500 miles, but I'm thinking either the dealer or the previous owner curbed or damaged the previous stock wheel and replaced it with another stock rim, The replacement looks similar to the stock polished, but apon closer inspection has more orange peel and is not as shiny as the polished.

I feel dumb for not noticing it earlier. Is there a way I can check if it is indeed a coupe rear? It has the stock ps2 285/35/19.

nynd
06-03-12, 07:30 PM
I think you can remove the wheel and look on the inside of the rim for the GM Part number. This will then tell you if its the right wheel or not (in fact, remove both sides and compare part numbers).

As for the orange peel, most likely it is the stock wheel which was probably refinished by a refinisher who did a less than stellar refinishing job - my guess anyways.

Ste_V_e
06-03-12, 10:11 PM
Sounds like good advice. I'll probably purchase a floor jack as I need one anyways and take a look at the part numbers.