: My V feels faster than a 2nd gen Viper and I'm kinda sad about that

Overd0s3
06-03-12, 03:39 PM
So I was planning on upgrading the V to something a little more raw and unruly next year, and as always I spend over a year looking for the perfect example (for reference it took me 3 years to find my V now). I decided to try out a 2000 gts for sale locally and I must say besides the obvious flaws everyone knows about, mainly interior styling, the car was not impressive! It pulled noticeably less than my V with 420 whp! Maybe it's just the mods that make it feel quicker, but this is very sad because I don't know what else I would even want to let my car go for!

Also, the clutch was like 3x as deep and I hated that. Does anyone have any experience with vipers? Are the 3rd gens better? My budget would be around 45. Oh and it's def daily drivable... (the viper) although I would prob not do that.

Or should I just keep the V and mod it to hell? The only problem with that is I would have to keep the car forever. Between getting a beefy rear, s/c or turbo, and clutch etc I will be 20k into it plus the cost of the car, which won't ever sell above 30k anyway, if that.

I think the perfect move would be a newer V but they are IMPOSSIBLE to find around here (NJ) in manual, black, and for a reasonable price. They are all asking 20% or so too much...

JDB
06-03-12, 03:46 PM
At age 23, save your money. Enjoy your V. Sign up for some DEs and learn to drive it better.

Overd0s3
06-03-12, 03:52 PM
Let's pretend age is not a factor here, so forget about saving money.

JDB
06-03-12, 04:34 PM
Let's pretend age is not a factor here, so forget about saving money.

The fact that you mention being into the V for more than it's worth, assuming you mod it, implies being worried about $ (with good reason). Look at these guys who sell their car(s) because they had a baby or want to build a garage.

Sounds like you'd be better off stretching your radius of a search for a V2.

D3l7a3ch0
06-03-12, 11:52 PM
yeah, um... a V2 for sure.

and who cares about age, you're supposed to be young and reckless. it's weird if you aren't.

I didn't look at your age until the reply mentioning it.

spending what you have and enjoying it is worth it, compared to living a crappy life when you're young and energetic especially when you have so much earning potential. just don't have kids, you can spend forever.

I hate my AMG
06-04-12, 01:14 AM
C6 z06!

repenttokyo
06-05-12, 04:46 PM
I've driven a first gen viper, and it pulled way harder than my V - it's a hell of a lot lighter. Handles a damn sight better too.

RADEoN
06-05-12, 05:01 PM
I've driven a first gen viper, and it pulled way harder than my V - it's a hell of a lot lighter. Handles a damn sight better too.

what is done to your v?

nvthev
06-05-12, 06:30 PM
My father had a 96 viper gts coupe, he put 373 gears in it, the thing was brutally fast. He sold it a year or so later because it rode so hard. But he was in his 50s not his 20s.
I say spend it if ya got it. Can't take it with you!

JD03Cobra
06-05-12, 11:10 PM
I bought a new Cobra Mustang as soon as I landed my first job out of College! Some of the best times of my younger years...Wouldn't change a thing. So yeah, spend it but shop for a deal :thumbsup:

Overd0s3
06-05-12, 11:53 PM
I bought a new Cobra Mustang as soon as I landed my first job out of College! Some of the best times of my younger years...Wouldn't change a thing. So yeah, spend it but shop for a deal :thumbsup:

Not new but... I bought my V same time!

repenttokyo
06-06-12, 12:57 PM
what is done to your v?

nothing.

Rakenjevnk
06-07-12, 11:12 AM
nothing.

git yo Mod on! Recommend LS7 flywheel & headers first.
because Racecar!

Overd0s3
06-07-12, 09:56 PM
Going to wait until v2s are about 35k so I don't have to take a loan out cause I did with my V and WOW what a rip! Payed it off in like 8 months but still what a joke with all the bendoverandtakeituptheass fees

CTSV_510
06-08-12, 09:54 AM
Going to wait until v2s are about 35k so I don't have to take a loan out cause I did with my V and WOW what a rip! Payed it off in like 8 months but still what a joke with all the bendoverandtakeituptheass fees

What fees are you talking about? Tax, title and tags, of course, no getting around that, and then whatever interest on the financing is all that you should be paying on top of the price of the car. I assume then you're referring to interest when you say a bendoverandtakeituptheass fee, but it shouldn't be a surprise that you took a loan and the bank charged you interest. :confused: