: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition Wheel worth?

lmurtha1
06-03-12, 02:32 PM
Hey guys, So the first car I purchased for my wife was a 2009 cadillac CTS and after a few years, it was time to upgrade! After I purchased a 2012 GT500, and then built it to 1100 RWHP, she felt left out... so i surprised her for our anniversary with a new 2012 Cadillac CTS-v coupe black diamond Edition. She deserves it but as soon as I brought it home, she is on the modding bug already! I told her to learn the car first and enjoy it, but she wants to change the wheels, lower it, and black out the Chrome and do all the power adders (exhaust, pulleys, tune, cai etc..). Im definitely ok with that! Before I post up the wheels for sale, my question is, What are these black wheels worth with tires? It only has 12 miles on the car, so they are brand spanking new. Also, if any of you know, what is the widest wheel i can go in the rear so it sits flush with the fender?

Thanks guys

Hers

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/photo3.jpg

Mine

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n556/lmurtha1/558183_3320726830029_1624069966_2794333_1870750299 _n.jpg

thebigjimsho
06-03-12, 05:24 PM
I like her car better.

Airfoto
06-03-12, 05:37 PM
I also like the V better then the horse!

BigDog001
06-03-12, 06:02 PM
I like her car better.

Definitely like the color of hers better - classy car!

Ste_V_e
06-03-12, 06:23 PM
How much do these rims go for? I recently found out 1 of my coupe rear wheels were not the same polished as the others. I bought the car used and either wanna just replace the 1 rear or buy a new satin set.

Trapspeed
06-03-12, 07:53 PM
I purchased a 2012 GT500, and then built it to 1100 RWHP

WTF????? Damn!

lmurtha1
06-03-12, 10:32 PM
WTF????? Damn!

ya, i had it for about 6 months and completely tore it down and built it. Motor, suspension, exhaust, fuel system, 10pt roll cage, nitrous, and a 4.0L whipple. dumped a ton of moola in it so that car is finished. As for hers, man there isnt much outside of D3 for modifications is there???? and they arent cheap! since it will be her daily, im going to keep the power reasonable for her, just a pulley swap, CAI, spark plugs, and full exhaust. Im lowering it tomorrow with D3 competition springs and putting the D3 wheel spacers in. Tinting it on Wed, and going in thurs for all the chrome on the entire car to be blacked out. this car is so stealth i love it! I might...er will most likely add a meth kit for when i rip around in it at the strip.

thebigjimsho
06-03-12, 11:04 PM
Expensive? It's cheap to mod!!

lmurtha1
06-04-12, 12:46 AM

i would semi agree. I priced out some things Im about to do to the car,

D3 SuperCharger Pulley Kit- Stage 2 $1,295
D3 Air Intake $395
D3 Cold Air conversion $195
Kooks Long tube headers $1095
Kooks X-pipe $959
Borla Rear "touring" exhaust $1956
D3 "competition" lowering springs $429
D3 Max Track Wheel spacers $390

Total: $ $6714 not including labor or tuning.

for the gains and performance, i suppose its not out of this league, but comparing it to modding a shelby, its remarkably more expensive. A simple pulley swap for the blower on a stock shelby is roughly $395 including tensioner. After dumping over $40,000+ in my shelby, although its not much streetable anymore...this is indeed inexpensive modding. I guess the catback borla price is steep for just a catback. D3 makes some awesome stuff, i just wish there were more options in performance mods for this car from other companies..just to shop around i guess...Anyone running a bigger drag radial on the rear?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 10:27 AM
Spectacular rides, lmurtha1. Thank you for starting an informative thread! Glad you're happy with your family's Cadillacs.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater
06-04-12, 11:04 AM
What are these black wheels worth with tires?
$400-500/rim
+ $1000-with the tires- and yes, I know they retail for $1700 a set.

The problem is they're PS/2s, and they're not the last word in performance tires anymore. SS's cost *alot* less and perform better, the same can be said about alot of it's competition. You need someone that has worn PS/2's and chrome/painted rims looking for some black rims and new tires at the same time and doesn't want to compromise the speedo by a mile per hour or two.. The track people looking for a beater set of rims won't be interested in buying tires they don't want.

$2500-3000 is what I'd shoot for. You can ship tomorrow and they're ready to put on a car.

smackdownCTSV
06-04-12, 11:44 AM

Compared to the Mustang, yes. But D3 generally is the most expensive vendor.

M5eater
06-04-12, 12:27 PM
Compared to the Mustang, yes. But D3 generally is the most expensive vendor.
agreed, but what competition does D3 really have anyway? Hennessy? ligenfielter?

comparing a sports sedan to a super pony in aftermarket is ridiculous though.

that's like comparing an s4 to a civic si

smackdownCTSV
06-04-12, 03:19 PM
agreed, but what competition does D3 really have anyway? Hennessy? ligenfielter?

comparing a sports sedan to a super pony in aftermarket is ridiculous though.

that's like comparing an s4 to a civic si

Pretty much, yeah. Not many vendors, but they are all pretty expensive. Best way to save is my piecing everything out.

Just comparing dollar to dollar, it's expensive. But there are way more Mustangs so parts are cheaper.

thebigjimsho
06-04-12, 04:49 PM
Someone needs to shop around...

CoppeR
06-05-12, 12:41 PM
Save sum cash and go with Eibach springs, Airaid intake, etc. Unless D3 plans on sponsoring you. Good price on the Kooks tho

ABest62
06-05-12, 03:06 PM
You know what's priceless, is having a wife that,, 1st wants a CTS-V, and 2nd, already wants to modify it and make it faster! My old lady bitches EVERY time I punch it. "Oww, youre hurting my neck!" among other complaints a mile long!

Does your wife teach classes on how to appreciate cars and power to boring prissy girls like mine? That would be worth some $$ ;)

Nice Stang by the way, Ive had 5 mustangs over the years, love em.. I say keep the stockers for possible track days, long road trips, drift sessions, if your wife curbs the new ones,, etc, etc.. Always nice to have another set laying around.. You could throw on a set of DRs too.. Just my .02

BrunoDC
06-09-12, 08:47 AM
Did you sell the rims yet?

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 12:14 PM
Did you sell the rims yet?

Hey Bruno,

No i have not sold the wheels yet. Someone offered me $1700 with tires but I think that is a little low and I might as well keep them at that price. I mean $425 a wheel + tire???? Considering they are brand new, I might as well keep them at that price for track days. The car is currently in the shop right now. I'm getting all of the plastic pieces ( rear lower valance, fog light assembly, bottom lip of front splitter) color matched to the car with the same black diamond metal flake. I HATE PLASTIC. then I'm getting every last piece of chrome on the car painted satin black, including all reflectors and rear lights black. Its getting some KW variant 3 coil-over system installed as well. That will be done on Tues, then straight over to a performance shop here in ft. laud to get a full pulley swap, ported snout, New era CAI heat resist coated, Stainless works LT headers-O/R x pipe, HPE cat back exhaust, cams, injectors, tune, upgraded torque converter and some new rubba on the wheels. Thinking of spraying some methanol injection, but teeter tottering on that.. my wife gave me the go ahead to give it some power but still be completely street worthy

mother
06-09-12, 02:07 PM
Its getting some KW variant 3 coil-over system installed as well.

Who buys a car with an AWESOME active MR suspension that adjusts damping rates on the fly, millisecond by millisecond, to immediately rip it out in lieu of a dumb adjustable shock setup? If you were building a race car I could understand it, but for the street? :bonkers:

smackdownCTSV
06-09-12, 03:28 PM
The same person who thinks their wheels and tires are worth their weight in gold.

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 08:41 PM
The same person who thinks their wheels and tires are worth their weight in gold.

Easy turbo. I never said they are worth more. But for what they are worth ($1700) it's not worth selling as I'm not hard up for cash in the least and can use them for the track

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 08:47 PM
Who buys a car with an AWESOME active MR suspension that adjusts damping rates on the fly, millisecond by millisecond, to immediately rip it out in lieu of a dumb adjustable shock setup? If you were building a race car I could understand it, but for the street? :bonkers:

I have dedicated cars for the track and strip. The cts-v is my wife's but not a daily driver. She as well as myself race cars weekly and she plans on tracking this car often as well as driving it at her will. The MR suspension is magnificent for the street but not adjustable for racing. Did I say this was a DD?? Suspension is everything and the MR suspension is not what I or she is looking for when racing. I appreciate ur concern tho for my car.

mother
06-09-12, 09:14 PM
I have dedicated cars for the track and strip. The cts-v is my wife's but not a daily driver. She as well as myself race cars weekly and she plans on tracking this car often as well as driving it at her will. The MR suspension is magnificent for the street but not adjustable for racing. Did I say this was a DD?? Suspension is everything and the MR suspension is not what I or she is looking for when racing. I appreciate ur concern tho for my car.

Yeah actually you did say specifically it was her daily driver, replacing a 2009 CTS (which certainly isn't a track car!).

As for hers, man there isnt much outside of D3 for modifications is there???? and they arent cheap! since it will be her daily, im going to keep the power reasonable for her, just a pulley swap, CAI, spark plugs, and full exhaust. Im lowering it tomorrow with D3 competition springs and putting the D3 wheel spacers in. Tinting it on Wed, and going in thurs for all the chrome on the entire car to be blacked out. this car is so stealth i love it! I might...er will most likely add a meth kit for when i rip around in it at the strip.

Hey guys, So the first car I purchased for my wife was a 2009 cadillac CTS and after a few years, it was time to upgrade! After I purchased a 2012 GT500, and then built it to 1100 RWHP, she felt left out... so i surprised her for our anniversary with a new 2012 Cadillac CTS-v coupe black diamond Edition. She deserves it but as soon as I brought it home, she is on the modding bug already! I told her to learn the car first and enjoy it, but she wants to change the wheels, lower it, and black out the Chrome and do all the power adders (exhaust, pulleys, tune, cai etc..). Im definitely ok with that! Before I post up the wheels for sale, my question is, What are these black wheels worth with tires? It only has 12 miles on the car, so they are brand spanking new. Also, if any of you know, what is the widest wheel i can go in the rear so it sits flush with the fender?

So let us recollect our thoughts...
It's a DD, replacing a 2009 CTS
-No it's a track car
You're installing the already purchased D3 springs (since it's happening "tomorrow")
-No you're installing some fancy-a$$ coil-over German road racing setup
But you drag race

And now with your latest post you claim it's a mostly track car (and not a drag strip given the suspension mods)- but you wanted to sell the spare set of rims that you would have needed for track tires?

Come to think of it, you haven't mentioned a diff cooler, roll cage, or harness... Things you KNOW you need to regularly track a car.

"Shenanigans" dude.

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 09:40 PM
Yeah actually you did say specifically it was her daily driver, replacing a 2009 CTS (which certainly isn't a track car!).

So let us recollect our thoughts...
It's a DD, replacing a 2009 CTS
-No it's a track car
You're installing the already purchased D3 springs (since it's happening "tomorrow")
-No you're installing some fancy-a$$ coil-over German road racing setup
But you drag race

And now with your latest post you claim it's a mostly track car (and not a drag strip given the suspension mods)- but you wanted to sell the spare set of rims that you would have needed for track tires?

Come to think of it, you haven't mentioned a diff cooler, roll cage, or harness... Things you KNOW you need to regularly track a car.

"Shenanigans" dude.

How am I confusing? I traded in a 2009 cts as it was one of our daily drivers. My Shelby is a dedicated drag car I occasionally drive on the street. She races a miata turbo fully built for auto cross. She drives a rover as a daily and got the V because it's her dream car. I was going to put some ccw wheels on the caddy for racing but after reconsidering, they will be fine for the track. She would like to race her caddy too obviously not a dedicated race car but who knows maybe one day. After plunging into a heavier upgrade package on it, and talking it over with my builder, we decided its better to scrap the lowering springs and go with an adjustable setup. what's so hard to understand? I mentioned about getting d3 goods but decided a different route. If u think u need a roll cage etc for occasional racing, ur misinformed buddy. She has a car for that. I race drag, she does track. Am I confusing you? Just because u have a hard on for the MR suspension, then don't change YOURS.

mother
06-09-12, 10:14 PM
How am I confusing? Am I confusing you? Just because u have a hard on for the MR suspension, then don't change YOURS.

How are you confusing? Perhaps it's that EVERY SINGLE POST you change your story. And it seems you do so in some attempt to make the illogical thing you just said make more sense, only to contradict your even earlier statements and still end up somewhere that doesn't make rational sense.

With this latest post it's now neither a daily driver (contradict first post) nor often used as a track car (contradict previous post) yet you're putting in a suspension that is vastly inferior for the street and not making the obvious mods needed for a car that ever sees track time (illogical)... See what I mean?

And thanks, I think I will keep my MR suspension, since I'm not building a track car.

PS If you race weekly, yes, you really should have a cage and harness, sorry.

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 10:23 PM
this is an interesting conversation.
Just to add a few pointers changing out the mr system for coil overs is a great upgrade. For the track you can dial in exactly what you are looking for. I am confused about 2 things since you said its a track car. Why didn't you mention chassis bracing, sway bars to improve the handling? You went from A to Z but skipped the less expensive more bang for the buck/performance mods. Sway bars, Chassis bracing, braided brake lines.
Living in Florida you will need the Diff Cooler for sure, along with a few other goodies. Make sure your installer is familiar with all available parts for the V.

Using the ps2 on the track will burn $2,000 worth of rubber real fast. Its not about needing the money, anyone with a CTS-V who mods and tracks their car is not poor. Toyo R888 are the tires for the track, ps2 are for streets

Thank you! It's not going to be a dedicated track car but will be raced often, I failed to mention a few details obviously so I just pulled up the invoice to be exact so the above haters can stop crying about the MR suspension already. Here is what's being done.

2.55 upper Tvs 1900 SC pulley
New era CAI
160 thermostat
American racing 1 7/8 with O/R x pipe
hPe exhaust
ATI 10% crank balancer
Redline custom grind camshaft
Dual valve springs
Titanium retainers, locks, keepers
.080" chromoly pushrods
1000 cc injectors
Custom engine and transmission calibration
Upgraded torque converter
KW Variant 3 coilovers system with race support package.

Now I don't see anything about cooling upgrades and I'm not sure what's included in the race support package. My car is going to him on wed b/c the painting wasn't finished on time. As for the tires, I've already ordered a square setup for the wheels in toyo r888. Should be here this week. It was those or the Hoosier R6s. I will talk to him about cooling upgrades. so that being said, I have these tires laying around for sale. Already have COR making a wheel for the street. Should be done in 3 weeks

smackdownCTSV
06-09-12, 11:16 PM
Easy turbo. I never said they are worth more. But for what they are worth ($1700) it's not worth selling as I'm not hard up for cash in the least and can use them for the track

It's not like you were offered $1000. Kind of silly, or redundant, to ask "what are they worth" and shoot down an offer. Would $100 more be worth it? $200 more? $2000 "not worth it" either? Might as well just come out with your "worth it" price at this point, but then again you don't want to sell them. So...

smackdownCTSV
06-09-12, 11:20 PM
Tires are worth $2,000 and rims are worth $400 a piece, doesn't mean your going to get anything near $3600.

+1! And that's retail price. TireRack and DTD also offer deals from time to time. And some people sell their take off tires for under $1000 as well. I remember D3 had a couple of new take off sets up for $1000 respectively, and they are a full retail business who are on the high priced side.

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 11:29 PM
It's not like you were offered $1000. Kind of silly, or redundant, to ask "what are they worth" and shoot down an offer. Would $100 more be worth it? $200 more? $2000 "not worth it" either? Might as well just come out with your "worth it" price at this point, but then again you don't want to sell them. So...

I asked what they are worth to see if they are worth selling. I didn't give a price because I didn't know what they are worth, after a few respective offers at or around $1700 I decided its worth it to keep them as they are decent wheels, especially if they are going to get worked. Never did I say I'm selling them and at X price. Just wanted to possibly switch to some ccw wheels for racing. I was never lowballed I just didn't expect the wheels to be priced at that point as I sold my svt Shelby wheels for a great price. Asking what they are wor if I decided to sell them of plan on selling them doesn't mean I'm selling them. You sound a little frustrated man over a senseless argument. How about you chime in with some worthwhile comments instead of trying to debunk your theories..

lmurtha1
06-09-12, 11:32 PM
Race support package sounds like a gm marketing line for air compressor and traffic cones

100% required is the diff cooler. Your already invested in this car. Add the trany cooler and intercooler with upgraded pump. Give us a call 516-223-3248 no charge for the call, just trying to help

Interesting! Ll gve you a call ths week. I am indeed full go with making sure all corners are covered. Thanks Marc for some help.

smackdownCTSV
06-10-12, 01:02 AM
I asked what they are worth to see if they are worth selling. I didn't give a price because I didn't know what they are worth, after a few respective offers at or around $1700 I decided its worth it to keep them as they are decent wheels, especially if they are going to get worked. Never did I say I'm selling them and at X price. Just wanted to possibly switch to some ccw wheels for racing. I was never lowballed I just didn't expect the wheels to be priced at that point as I sold my svt Shelby wheels for a great price. Asking what they are wor if I decided to sell them of plan on selling them doesn't mean I'm selling them. You sound a little frustrated man over a senseless argument. How about you chime in with some worthwhile comments instead of trying to debunk your theories..

So, again, you're comparing it to a Mustang and you're upset? The only one coming across as butthurt is you. I'd think a 26 year old would act more mature, but I guess you prefer to be an e-tough guy. Oh well.

ocpop
06-13-12, 01:39 AM
If you still want to consider selling the wheels, I'm interested. Let me know, maybe we can work out a deal.

Pphilthy
06-13-12, 06:08 PM
The KW V3 are an ok street coil over, certainly not a race coil over by any means... The club sports are more suited for track days, but if you're at all serious about road racing, you'll be looking at the competitions - I'm not a hater, just a KW sponsored racer for 7 years now...

nnorth1
08-10-12, 04:34 PM
Are the black rims still available?

thanks,
nick
440-227-6101 cell

TheDarkKnight
08-27-12, 08:11 PM
Wheels sold? I'll take them. Email me at Michaelgbemis@gmail.com

DrMongo
08-28-12, 08:30 AM
WOW, Smackdown, HATER MUCH? Dude seriously why you feel the need to bitch slap the man. We all have an awesome car. We can all choose how we want to mod it or not. We can all post our thoughts. I think a little anger management is in order. JUST SAYIN!