: B pillar trim

RGaret
06-03-12, 01:44 PM
Just took delivery of my 2012 V last week. Love this car!!! I do have a question for the group however. I noticed that the B pillar trim is wrapped in what I think must be vinyl. Not sure why GM decided to do this, but OK. Anyway, I noticed mine was paneling in a couple of spots. I managed to press it back into place but I wanted to know if any others have had this happen and what was the real fix. Other that this, car is perfect in every way, especially when right foot gets close to the floorboard :)

RGaret
06-06-12, 02:31 PM
Just took delivery of my 2012 V last week. Love this car!!! I do have a question for the group however. I noticed that the B pillar trim is wrapped in what I think must be vinyl. Not sure why GM decided to do this, but OK. Anyway, I noticed mine was paneling in a couple of spots. I managed to press it back into place but I wanted to know if any others have had this happen and what was the real fix. Other that this, car is perfect in every way, especially when right foot gets close to the floorboard :)

I meant to say it was peeling, not paneling. Any feedback would be appreciated.

commander112
06-06-12, 08:12 PM
This for whatever reason is a common process in car building these days. The material is like wallpaper and the dealer will use a local outside vendor to replace it with new. I have not seen an issue with the stuff on either of my V2's but did actually have it punctured by something on my Dodge Ram. It was also crinkling on both B pillers on my Ram. The dealer had it fixed perfectly by the outside vendor.

RGaret
06-06-12, 08:43 PM
This for whatever reason is a common process in car building these days. The material is like wallpaper and the dealer will use a local outside vendor to replace it with new. I have not seen an issue with the stuff on either of my V2's but did actually have it punctured by something on my Dodge Ram. It was also crinkling on both B pillers on my Ram. The dealer had it fixed perfectly by the outside vendor.

Is there any reason they wouldn't replace the whole trim panel with a new one from GM?

tbauer
06-06-12, 10:09 PM
Seems like this is a warranty issue and should simply be replaced with a new piece from gm. I've got an 09 still under warranty and I have had no issues getting different trim pieces replaced at my dealer.

RGaret
06-06-12, 10:11 PM
Seems like this is a warranty issue and should simply be replaced with a new piece from gm. I've got an 09 still under warranty and I have had no issues getting different trim pieces replaced at my dealer.

Thanks for the tip. Is it easy for them to do? I don't want them to damage something else in the process.

commander112
06-07-12, 11:45 AM
Is there any reason they wouldn't replace the whole trim panel with a new one from GM?

I have not looked closely at the V but on the Ram the wallpaper like film is attached directly to the B pillar.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-12, 06:45 PM

A very hearty congratulations, RGaret, on your new V! We're right in line with tbauer's suggestion of bringing this to the attention of your dealership, and if we can answer any questions you may have about any of the warranties on your vehicle please don't hesitate to get in touch here on the forum via private message (please include the last 8 digits of your VIN so we'll be able to provide specific dates and mileage for expiration).

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

RGaret
06-07-12, 07:29 PM
A very hearty congratulations, RGaret, on your new V! We're right in line with tbauer's suggestion of bringing this to the attention of your dealership, and if we can answer any questions you may have about any of the warranties on your vehicle please don't hesitate to get in touch here on the forum via private message (please include the last 8 digits of your VIN so we'll be able to provide specific dates and mileage for expiration).

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)

Sarah,

When I go in for my firs service, I will mention this. In the meantime, I am having way too much fun behind the wheel. Don't want to part with it jus yet. I have waited 6 years for this.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-12, 02:40 PM
So noted, RGaret! :) I'm so happy to see your excitement, and we wish you many happy miles! As Sarah pointed out, we're always on hand to assist whenever possible; if you ever have questions but aren't able to utilize the forum's private messaging tool, my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com

Have a great weekend,

Katie

M5eater
06-09-12, 10:00 AM

because this is not trim. He's talking about the black-colored frame of the window. You would need to replace the entire window frame, that's obviously not necessary.

I don't know, I think I like it better than the painted black trim on the Audi. It doesn't scratch, it feels better, and if it does get torn so what? it's a 20 minuite job instead of 2hours worth of prep and paint work.

M5eater
06-09-12, 10:00 AM
double post server hanging / hit F5 refresh fail.