: '13 model year question

altoon
06-02-12, 10:12 PM
I'd love to be the owner of a V-wagon and for me it MUST have the 6sp manual. I just had a friend tell me, who was at a Cadillac dealership in Pasadena, that a sale guy there told him no V-wagon 6sp manuals "after this year."

I don't know exactly what that is supposed to mean, but I figured if there is any place where I could find out what the production targets are for 2013, this forum would be it.

So, will there be a '13 model CTS-V Wagon with the 6sp manual?

Thanks!
Alex
Irvine CA

M5eater
06-02-12, 10:18 PM
There are no drivetrain deletions for the 2013 V that I'm aware of, or that GM's bulletin site has updated. 2013 MY vehicles will be built 'this year'. There are color additions, some features have become standard for the CTS, the powertrain warranty changes and 2 piece rotors will be standard.

That said, if you want a 6MT Vagon you'll need to order one. Maybe what he meant was, 2013 is the last MY for the 2nd gen CTS, which is probably true.

altoon
06-03-12, 12:20 AM
M5eater - thanks for the info.

I just checked the GM online ordering reference guide, which I should have done before I posted here. Anyway, it confirms exactly what you stated. For the 2013 MY the CTS V-Wagon will have a manual transmission.

Thanks,
Alex

M5eater
06-03-12, 08:55 AM
Don't even mention it--- that's what us post whore's are here for! lol

He could also be talking about the regular CTS, they *did* infact delete the 6MT for the 3.6 D/I a year ago.

altoon
06-03-12, 12:50 PM
Don't even mention it--- that's what us post whore's are here for! lol

He could also be talking about the regular CTS, they *did* infact delete the 6MT for the 3.6 D/I a year ago.

Haha - yeah, it was a softball pitch kind of question. I knew this place would get me the right answer.

Actually, this story has been given to me before by a dealership (no manual tranny in the CST-V). Again, the sales person was incorrect. It was the situation you just mentioned. GM stopped offering the 6MT on the 3.6 but this guy told me it was across the entire product range (including V-series). I went home in a big panic thinking I was out of time only to find out later he was wrong.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 11:02 AM
Glad your query was resolved, Alex! (OOG is indeed a great resource.)

The CTS Wagon (including V-Series) has a start up date scheduled for 6/11/12, and there are approximately 8-12 weeks between the start up date to dealer lots. There are some factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. So, please feel free to check in with me anytime via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can check my resources for updates.

Hope you had a great weekend,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Karch
06-04-12, 11:32 AM
In my experience, and this goes back to 1993 at a Ford dealership, NEVER EVER trust anything that comes out of a dealership salesman's mouth.

Not to say they are liars, just that they truly don't know, and don't want to look like they don't know.

More times than not, the members here know more about these cars, and the ones coming out, then them. They are often not "car guys", but someone who is trying to earn money, plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that, but it's just not the same as the passionate bunch on here.

I'd peruse GM Insider for hints, but sometimes you never know.

nerddason
06-04-12, 11:39 AM
NEVER EVER trust anything that comes out of a dealership salesman's mouth.

That is why I also come to the Forums and ask questions. I have been lied to too many times.

Ttotheroy
06-06-12, 01:15 PM
Hi Katie,

I'm Troy,
I ordered a CTS-V wagon a couple of weeks ago. (Black, manual) The dealer gave me a build date of (the week of) 7/16/12.
Does your post quoted below mean I should add 8-12 weeks to the build date to receive my car?
I sure hope not.

Glad your query was resolved, Alex! (OOG is indeed a great resource.)

The CTS Wagon (including V-Series) has a start up date scheduled for 6/11/12, and there are approximately 8-12 weeks between the start up date to dealer lots. There are some factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, general new MY start-up production delays, etc. So, please feel free to check in with me anytime via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can check my resources for updates.

Hope you had a great weekend,

Katie

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-12, 04:24 PM
Hi Troy! I answered your email, but I thought I'd put my reply on this thread, too. :) We recommend customers check with their dealers for the most up-to-date ordering information; my statistics are general production figures and I'm always happy to check those for updates. So, I would recommend checking with your dealership for the specific timing information of your order.

Best,

Katie

Ttotheroy
06-07-12, 04:45 PM
Thanks, as I said via e-mail I mis-read 7/11/12 instead of 6/11/12 for startup & had a small panic attack :P