: Possible 2009 Escalade purchase

PerfRacer
06-02-12, 06:23 PM
Hey guys. Been a member on here a little while, back from when I was looking at Escalades, and then my brother bought an '07 and started posting on here. In any case. I'm currently looking at an '09 White Diamond, Luxury Edition that's a 1-owner vehicle, clean Carfax, 60k miles, and all options including power running boards. It seems real clean and the dealer that I do some work for is willing to sell it to me for $35,700. What do you guys think? By KBB standards it seems like a great deal. By Autotrader and Cars dot com standards it seems fair to good. What do you guys think? I'm also looking at an '09 CTS-V with 41k miles for $40K. Not sure if it's a better or worse deal then the Escalade. But, that's another story. lol

What else can I tell ya?

Thanks for any and all input and advice.
Abe

hcvone
06-02-12, 07:09 PM
Hey guys. Been a member on here a little while, back from when I was looking at Escalades, and then my brother bought an '07 and started posting on here. In any case. I'm currently looking at an '09 White Diamond, Luxury Edition that's a 1-owner vehicle, clean Carfax, 60k miles, and all options including power running boards. It seems real clean and the dealer that I do some work for is willing to sell it to me for $35,700. What do you guys think? By KBB standards it seems like a great deal. By Autotrader and Cars dot com standards it seems fair to good. What do you guys think? I'm also looking at an '09 CTS-V with 41k miles for $40K. Not sure if it's a better or worse deal then the Escalade. But, that's another story. lol

What else can I tell ya?

Thanks for any and all input and advice.
Abe

35700 seems like a steal, when gas is high truck values are lower, you should be able to drive it for a year and almost sell it for that price

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 12:23 PM
Thanks for considering Cadillac, Abe!

Have you also looked at the information over at Edmunds.com? (GM neither maintains nor endorses this sites, however, and will not be responsible for its contents.)

If you ever have any vehicle questions, please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

corvette00
06-05-12, 11:26 AM
sounds like a good deal to me

PerfRacer
06-05-12, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the input folks. I drove it yesterday, and everything seems good. I did find a slight film on the driver's side front shock/strut, which they're supposed to be looking into today. We'll see how it goes.

hcvone
06-05-12, 12:49 PM
We see many shocks with a film of oil, many times it's not from the shocks at all, just fluid being blown back by the fan, but you do need to make sure. :)

PerfRacer
06-05-12, 12:56 PM
Good to know. I just found it odd that the passenger side had no film, just dirty as expected and the driver's side had the film. Waiting to hear back from them at some point today.

When I drove it yesterday, I did notice a little bit of bump-steer through the steering wheel going over some rough roads. I know it's a rack-n-pinion setup, and I'm used to the little bit I get on my Challenger. Is it normal for an Escalade? I didn't drive my brother's enough to have experience in the matter. Thanks.

Katie, I'm going to be sending you an email with a question or two about this Escalade. Thanks.

hcvone
06-05-12, 01:53 PM
Good to know. I just found it odd that the passenger side had no film, just dirty as expected and the driver's side had the film. Waiting to hear back from them at some point today.

When I drove it yesterday, I did notice a little bit of bump-steer through the steering wheel going over some rough roads. I know it's a rack-n-pinion setup, and I'm used to the little bit I get on my Challenger. Is it normal for an Escalade? I didn't drive my brother's enough to have experience in the matter. Thanks.

Katie, I'm going to be sending you an email with a question or two about this Escalade. Thanks.

Tire pressure is important, there is some bump steer for sure, I have Hotchkis sway bars on all my trucks, it's always my first mod, and makes a huge difference on how these trucks handle. On the shock film many times people spill washer fluid and that an leave a oil film when mixed with dust and dirt. You're getting a good deal

Nice Ride
06-10-12, 10:41 PM
I have an 09 Esv Platinum, 39k. Both front shocks have oil film on them. I had an 06 DTS that had mag ride, no oil film. Brought the truck in for service, they replaced one of the shocks under warr, but not the other one. Will be going back to have them re look at the other one again. They boyh had the oil film the same way, no ride problems. Everyonrpe I spoke to said it is not normal and leaking. The film is the same all around the entire shock, not from anything ( fluids) other than a leaking shock. Very expensive part. Would tell them to replace it or work with you on the price. Very expensive shock if it has the mag ride.