: Jerking when shifting gears??

06BlackV
06-02-12, 04:25 PM
Every gear i shift to the car jerks,, its hard to get a perfect shift now :/ engine/ trans mounts? Please help

darkman
06-02-12, 04:40 PM
How many miles does the car have on it? It can be number of things, including the engine and/or transmission mounts you identified, but my first guess would be the differential bushing. On high mileage Vs. both the dual-mass original equipment flywheel and the driveshaft become candidates for driveline snatch.

06BlackV
06-03-12, 08:15 PM
How many miles does the car have on it? It can be number of things, including the engine and/or transmission mounts you identified, but my first guess would be the differential bushing. On high mileage Vs. both the dual-mass original equipment flywheel and the driveshaft become candidates for driveline snatch.

The car is a 2006 with 70k miles it has the ls7 clutch kit with flywheel from Luke

Overd0s3
06-03-12, 10:44 PM
My vote goes to the rear diff bushing. I replaced mine at 55k miles on my 06 V was night and day with the shifts

06BlackV
06-03-12, 11:02 PM
My vote goes to the rear diff bushing. I replaced mine at 55k miles on my 06 V was night and day with the shifts

Whats the severity of a DIY for a diff bushing?

Overd0s3
06-03-12, 11:52 PM
hmmm you do need a special tool and a friend makes the job easier unless you bench 200+, or use a jack to put the diff back in place. It isn't bad, dropping the exhaust was harder than the job itself, i'd say it's a 3/10.

FutherMucker
06-04-12, 12:12 AM
The hardest part for me was getting the manifold bolts to line up with the rest of the exhaust. If you have the bushing extraction/installation tool, it's not that hard of a job.

atdeneve
06-04-12, 07:48 AM
Not unless, perhaps, you're an involuntarily severe multi-tasker.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 09:24 AM
06BlackV, I'm looking forward to your updates and wanted to let you know I'm available via PM if you need further assistance along the way. I can appreciate your DIY inclination, and I hope you'll consider going to a dealership if you have concerns with the troubleshooting.

Glad to see some other DIYers stepped in this weekend with great replies!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

atdeneve
06-04-12, 10:40 AM
Indeed, jerking while shifting gears sounds like a DIYer. A multi-tasking DIYer.

Rakenjevnk
06-05-12, 11:37 AM
Indeed, jerking while shifting gears sounds like a DIYer. A multi-tasking DIYer.

lol, well played sir!