: Just bought 2010 Platinum Hybrid- What ext. warranty?

killmode_on
06-02-12, 02:10 PM
I just bought a 2010 Platinum Hybrid with 60,000mi
I believe the power train warranty is 100,000mi on 2010's and transfers to a used buyer like me. Is that right?
I'd like to get a GOOD extended warranty on it. Naturally my first thought is go with a GM ext warranty but want to make sure that is the smartest choice. Anybody here had major problems with them. Or do you have an aftermarket warranty recommendation?

Thanks.

cadmanchris
06-02-12, 02:32 PM
The power train warranty does transfer over. They have been pretty good vehicles, with no major issues in my dealership.

Congrats on your new purchase.

----------

And the Platinum Hybrids are few and far between. I think I only seen one at my dealer.

evois
06-02-12, 04:13 PM
My hybrid has been very reliable and have almost 96k miles since I got it late in 09 new. The power train as well as hybrid components is until 100000 miles or 7 years. So far those that had to be replaced were not covered like front struts and hid build that just went bust at 90k miles. The things that went wrong but were covered were water pump leak(I didn't see a leak but they said it was leaking) and the nav which they replace it with a new one (!!!!!). Other than that nothing. Very reliable!