: Radio sound cuts out intermittently.

fastmak
06-02-12, 10:43 AM
The sound from my 2007 radio/Nav. unit cuts out from time to time. Took it to the dealer and they said they reprogrammed it. Has anyone heard of this being done? I didn't know the radio could be reprogrammed. I will have to wait and see if this has solved my issue. Hope so as my extended warranty runs out in a month.

Nice Ride
06-03-12, 01:33 PM
You should not have to worry about the warrantee since you brought it to there attention before it ran out. As long as it is the same problem. The radio does have programming for xm and on star if you have it. Founds like a simple loose connection. Do you loose power to the radio, or just all the speakers cut out at the same time? Are you listening to xm or local radio?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-12, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your Nav unit frustration, Fastmak! Please feel free to contact me (my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you'd like me to investigate further for you. Also, if you send me the last eight of your VIN I can look up the exact parameters of any warranties that are applicable on your EXT.

Please do let us know is the dealer was able to resolve your concern!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

fastmak
06-05-12, 12:46 AM
I don't loose power, just all sound cuts out for a second, then comes back on for 5 seconds, then cuts out again. This is with it tuned to a local radio station, not XM.

Like I said, I took it to the dealer and they said they reprogrammed it. All I was asking is whether anyone has heard of this. Thanks for your responses so far.

Haven't had an issue with it since its been to the dealer, so hoping the reprogramming was the fix.