: Where to buy rotors

scott9001
06-01-12, 11:26 PM
Hey guys I want to put cross drilled slotted rotors on my car I've done some searching but haven't found out where anyone buys them from would be nice to know how they held up before buying a set thanks fellas

Submariner409
06-01-12, 11:35 PM
Forget the drilled - in passenger cars they are good for bling but tend to crack - and the more slots and dimples you put in a rotor, the less braking surface you have.......truth. Think about that..........you don't do a complete brake overhaul after the CocaCola 600.

Look at slotted rotors and new compound ceramic pads in www.placeforbrakes.com (http://www.placeforbrakes.com). I have had excellent results with EBC products on several different Cadillac models.

Click my username, open the profile. Two picture albums in the left column - six pages of older Seville stuff, several of my slotted rotor install. One year later - happy camper and I can guarantee that they bring the 4,000 pound car to a very quick stop from 143 mph (GPS).

malatu
06-02-12, 10:39 AM
Frozen Rotors

Subsailor613
06-02-12, 03:06 PM
brakeperformance.com

rnkath08
06-02-12, 06:52 PM
hands down, Raceshopper.com.....second set of Hawk/SP high perf. pads just went on and some drilled and slotted that I'm very happy with. Prices were great, customer service was excellent.
www.raceshopper.com
can't say enough great things about them![

----------

dkozloski
06-04-12, 04:44 PM
I just did the front brakes using NAPA Super Premium rotors and Adaptive One pads. The parts were less than $350 and now it stops like you've been grabbed by the hand of God.

scott9001
06-04-12, 09:15 PM
I just did the front brakes using NAPA Super Premium rotors and Adaptive One pads. The parts were less than $350 and now it stops like you've been grabbed by the hand of God.

i work at a napa my father is the owner actually and tose new coated ones nothing like they use to be! on some of the rotors they took the slots out of them becuase they were to noisy and they must of changed the coating too and i will never buy another set for my own!

dkozloski
06-05-12, 01:52 PM
Some doofus around here installed new rotors without degreasing them first and his brakes squeake and shuddered until he took a skim cut over them and replaced the pads.

Subsailor613
06-05-12, 10:08 PM
Here is the straight skinny on rotors:
Got the Blacks on Fronts and Rears !
Compliments of Brakeperformance.com

Performance and Plain Brake Rotor/Disc Features and Benefits

Premium Dimpled and Slotted Brake Rotors
The advantage of the premium dimpled drilled and slotted brake rotors
is the superior braking power you will experience over your stock brake system.
Partially drilled dimpled holes dissipate heat without penetrating the brake pad
surface and sacrificing brake disc strength. Our fully extended curved scraper
slots not only give you unbelievable stopping power but they also throw the dust
away from your wheels keeping them cleaner. The brake rotor or disc is machined
balanced and guaranteed to fit original equipment manufacturer specs without any
brake modification. All performance brake rotors are sold in pairs and come Zinc
coated in either Black or Silver to help prevent rusting. We include free the
best warranty anywhere, lifetime against warping, cracking, and any defects in
materials and workmanship. As an added bonus, we also include Free standard
semi metallic brake pads with every set of premium dimpled drilled and slotted brake rotors.

Performance Cross Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors
These beautifully machined cross drilled and slotted brake rotors include the same
slotted design as the premium dimpled drilled and slotted brake rotors giving you
incredible stopping power while keeping the dust away from your wheels.
The cross drilled holes are chamfered to eliminate cracking and move air from the disc
surface while reducing surface temperature eliminating hot spots and warping.
Cross drilled brake discs are machined balanced, surface ground finish double
disk smooth and guaranteed to fit original equipment manufacturer specs without
any brake modification. The cross drilled and slotted brake rotors are sold in pairs
and come zinc coated in either black or silver to help prevent rusting and give you a
performance race look. We include free a lifetime warranty against defects in materials
and workmanship and a two-year warranty against warping and cracking.

Performance Slotted Brake Rotors
Our slotted brake rotors are machined with fully extended curved slots that increase
stopping power and channels water from the brake pad surface to give you better braking
in all weather conditions. The slot design on the brake disc gives you precision braking
with the added benefit of displacing the dust away from your wheels and brake pad surface
giving your vehicle up to 14' of shorter stopping distance .The brake rotor or disc is
guaranteed to fit original equipment manufacturer specs without modification and are
machined balanced with a double disk smooth surface ground finish to reduce noise.
All performance brake rotors are sold in pairs and come zinc coated in either
black or silver to help prevent rusting. We include free a lifetime warranty against defects
in materials and workmanship and a two-year warranty against warping and cracking.

Performance Cross Drilled Brake Rotors
Because we machine our own brake rotors in house, we provide cross drilled brake rotors
for the customer who desires better cooling without the use of slots. cross drilled holes
move air from the surface while reducing surface temperature eliminating hot spots and warping.
We go to the extra expense of chamfering the holes on our brake disc to eliminate stress cracks
and extend the life of the brake rotor. These rotors are guaranteed to fit original equipment
manufacturer specs without modification and are machined balanced with a double disk smooth
surface ground finish to reduce noise. The cross drilled brake rotors are sold in pairs and come
zinc coated in either black or silver to help prevent rusting and give you a performance race look.
We include free a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship and a two-year
warranty against warping and cracking.

Standard Brake Rotors
We carry the largest selection of replacement brake rotors in the industry.
These original equipment plain replacement brake disc meet or exceed federal safety standards
and are manufactured from premium quality cast iron. They are x-ray inspected and balanced providing
guaranteed vibration free performance. Our standard brake rotors are guaranteed to fit
original equipment manufacturer specs without modification and come with a double disc smooth
surface ground finish to reduce brake noise. The standard brake rotors come with a lifetime warranty
against defects in materials and workmanship and a 1-year against warping and cracking.
Premium Brake RotorsPremium Brake Rotors
This premium brake rotor includes a very special black electro statically applied
rust preventative coating on all the non friction surfaces :cool2::cool2::cool2:

dkozloski
06-05-12, 10:23 PM
Guaranteed not to rip, rot, rust, bust, pull apart at the seams, and rundown at the heels by the salesmen selling them. Good for coughs, colds, and sore holes, hacks, wheezes and venereal diseases.

rnkath08
06-06-12, 06:26 PM
" it stops like you've been grabbed by the hand of God."

that's a great quote....may have to steal it!

EChas3
06-06-12, 08:08 PM
Plagerism is the sincerest form of flattery.

scott9001
06-07-12, 08:00 PM
i believe i am going to order from brake perfrormance when the time comes which should be coming up soon i am going to do it before they get to close dont want them to wear right out and have to spend hours polishing the wheels!

kschwed
06-18-12, 03:44 AM
Can someone recommend which pads and rotors to buy? I need all 4 done and I would like to spend less than $600 total. I want something that works a lot better than the OEM AC Delco.

rnkath08
06-18-12, 01:53 PM
as I said before, I bought Hawk pads for the fronts, HP for the rears (pads) and SP drilled and slotted for all four wheels....well under $600 from Raceshopper. They do have a phone number on their website and the guys were super willing to answer all my questions and help me decide which pad, and which rotor finish I wanted as well because there were options for everything. Seriously ring them up and ask, you can do that with any of the places mentioned in this thread and the ones willing to talk you thru it and teach you in the process make the call worth it and you'll be twice as happy when you get them!
Kath

malatu
06-18-12, 09:03 PM
Can someone recommend which pads and rotors to buy? I need all 4 done and I would like to spend less than $600 total. I want something that works a lot better than the OEM AC Delco.

Did you even bother to read any of the replies in this thread?

kschwed
06-20-12, 01:52 AM
Brakeperformance.com

I bought the Premium dimple drilled and slotted rotors. I took the free standard semi-metallic pads. All 4 wheels. JE5.

Anyone have any advice on the installation/what to expect?

I know a couple of you recommend these, but is there anything I should know about the installation or the bedding/breaking in?