: 2007 ESV wont start

2007cadillacesv
06-01-12, 07:23 PM
I have searched and not really found a resolution so here goes... My 07 wont start.. Battery bought in 2010 all acessories work. I can hear the starter engage and hit the flywheel but the engine just wont turn over. I ran through a little water on the way home and when I came back out no start. I have disco the battery for about 15 minutes as well as checked all the fuses. Any ideas what to check next? Thanks!

Nice Ride
06-01-12, 07:35 PM
You say it won't turn over, does it crank properly? Enough gas? Parked on a hill? After market alarm? Check for spark at the wire?

2007cadillacesv
06-01-12, 07:40 PM
Let me say it correctly..lol I can hear the starter engage but the engine wont turn over. I think I can actually hear the starter hitting the fly wheel.. engine just wont turn.

Nice Ride
06-01-12, 07:47 PM
Wow, never heard of the engine not turning. No clicking sounds with the starter engaged? A quick test to rule out the battery and or poor connection at the battery terminals, connect jumper cables and see if it will crank.

----------

Jump from another vehicle..

2007cadillacesv
06-01-12, 07:49 PM
I hear one click when the starter engages but thats all.. Waiting for someone now for a jump.. Thanks for your help!

cadmanchris
06-01-12, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a bad starter. Just had one this week. Same thing.

packman01
06-02-12, 08:18 AM
i had a similar thing happen to me, put in a new alternator, truck started right up (used remote start on fob) let the truck run for 5min, and shut it off. went to re start nothing, played with relays fuses, all i could get was a loud relay, selnoid click. battery votage was fine, all acc worked, just no start. After aboout an hour i was about to give up, tried starting with my fob one last time and after about a 5 sec delay it just started. Was weird and havent had an issue yet (its only been a week knock on wood)...so try using your remote start, and make sure batt is fully charged

2007cadillacesv
06-02-12, 04:05 PM
Well, got a jump.. Nothing so having starter replaced... Just remembered there were a few times I would crank it and nothing,but the crank it again and it started right up. Then yesterday got caught in a bad storm and underside was drenched with water...no start...

Nice Ride
06-03-12, 12:26 PM
I agree it is the starter. Better you do it now then to get stuck somewhere at the worst time.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-12, 03:22 PM
2007cadillacesv, I'm very sorry to see you experienced this! Please let us know how the replacement goes, and if you need further assistance at any point don't hesitate to send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com. While I'm not a technician, I'm always happy to check resources on your behalf, and I'm especially glad to see the forum members were able to chime in with helpful feedback.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

2007cadillacesv
06-03-12, 03:58 PM
The starter was the problem.. She starts now! Thanks to all!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 09:30 AM
Glad you resolved the concern so quickly, 2007cadillacesv! Hope you're out enjoying your Escalade today.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

2007cadillacesv
06-04-12, 06:45 PM
Thanks Katie!

2007cadillacesv
06-12-12, 10:42 AM
Well, I'm back again. Looks like I got a bad starter. All of a sudden I get drag and that awful grinding.. Gonna have it replaced with a different brand. Any suggestions.

Ghost Deany
06-12-12, 08:14 PM
What kind did you get? Id just get the OEM one.

trich24
06-21-12, 12:30 PM
Advice Needed

3 times over 6 months and one being last night.

Go to start nothing all acc lights radio etc..... no whine no crank no noise at all dead silent

security light on dash and engine light showing acc power i assume

lock, unlock, remote start, in dic disabled RS all sorts of things left for 2 hrs came back nothing which had worked before

this morning started drove fine parked and now the same thing this is with the extra key I got cut and programmed to have a spare thinking the security or chip is wearing out not working ? Yes or any chance its the starter as well I thought I would hear something if something is broken please help Tshoot?

Thanks in a hurry for the help

RVC
06-29-12, 03:49 PM
Mine is doing the exact same thing. Have lights and everything no noise at all when i hit the key won't take a jump either any ideas?

JOEZ06
07-03-12, 11:59 PM
I am having the same problem as RVC... 2007 Escalade... The battery is not the issue... All auxiliary loads work. Turn key and I don't even hear a click on the starter... no crank, no noises... I am thinking it's either the solenoid coil or an upstream relayto the starter... All fuses check OK.

JOEZ06
07-04-12, 12:00 AM
Did you make any headway?