: 2012 Air Ride?

H1ghlndr
06-01-12, 12:06 PM
Hi,

I have a new 2012 Escalade base. The air ride, especially rear seems to be harsh. Just took a 500 mile trip and wasn't very smooth. The rear appears high as well. Is it possible there is too much air in the shocks? Is it possible to reset the system or something?

Thx
Bob

hcvone
06-01-12, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I have a new 2012 Escalade base. The air ride, especially rear seems to be harsh. Just took a 500 mile trip and wasn't very smooth. The rear appears high as well. Is it possible there is too much air in the shocks? Is it possible to reset the system or something?

Thx
Bob

The rear is equipped with automatic load control, kind of an helper air lift system, there is some adjustment by moving or bending the bars that control the height, the front has no air lift system. If you have 22's check the pressure with a real gage and keep to 35-36 lbs cold, may times in the heat you can get really high tire pressures and it will make the ride much more harsh. The rear on these trucks will sit higher than the front by about 2", only way to change that is with shorter rear springs

nathanjax
06-01-12, 01:54 PM
First thing I would do is take it back to the dealer. GO park next to another Esky and see if the measurements are the same. It's possible the adjustments are off.

I definitely would start talking about bending the bars or springs until everything factory is working properly and it's adjusting as it should.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 01:18 PM
Welcome, Bob!

I too would recommend going to the dealership for a thorough diagnosis, although I understand if you prefer the DIY approach. If you would like me to research your concern further, please don't hesitate to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'd be happy to check my resources for you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-04-12, 01:19 PM
Sorry about the double post! My computer just isn't working with me today. :helpless:

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service