: wiper switch

tinnokkr1
06-01-12, 07:19 AM
I am about to replace my wiper/washer delay switch for the 3rd time on my '88 Fleetwood Brougham. Obviously something is making these switches go. Unless I keep getting bad switches which I doubt. They always work for a while. Any thoughts? Thanks John

carnut
06-03-12, 09:32 AM
It was common for the circuit board on the wiper motor to fail. Cracked solder joints. My 84 would not swipe 3 times on wash mode, replaced the circuit board and that fixed it. With the plastic wiper motor cover snapped off, the board attaches with a couple of screws and a wire connector. Easy to swap out!

tinnokkr1
06-14-12, 06:17 AM
awesome...sounds simple enough. where do you guys go for parts like this? I have a GN and there are a bunch of online vendors that specialize in Turbo Regals. There must be people that deal in Caddys. Any suggestions? Or do I just try Autozone... Thanks

carnut
06-14-12, 09:57 AM
Try www.rockauto.com I got mine at a wrecking yard.

tinnokkr1
06-15-12, 06:15 AM
thanks...i went to autozone and they had a reman oem. I had to by the whole thing motor and all. It was cheap nbd . Ill just replace all of it Thanks!

Curt brad
07-13-12, 08:30 PM
My wiper blades turn-on randomly in any position I have the control level. I have a 2004 CTS. I have replaced the Wiper Relay Module, but still have the problem.
Any suggestions from anyone?