: New nav disc for free

idkwhothatis123
06-01-12, 01:35 AM
Hey guys,

So I called 877navdisc today to inquire about a free nav disc replacement and they got on the line with someone from a diff department. They asked for my name, address, vin, and make and model. I have an 06 Sts with the stock disc. Never been upgraded. After about 15 mins or so on hold, they said my disc will be mailed free of charge. Give it a shot guys. They sent the 2011 disc though as the 2012 disc is out of stock.

Jesda
06-01-12, 05:08 AM
Wow, nice

LiquidTrader
06-01-12, 06:09 AM
How come that stuff never happens to me? I told them the dealer lied when I got home and realized the Nav DVD box was empty and told me they would replace it and never did. The response I got was $199 for a disk. Lol

What did you say?

MacMuse
06-01-12, 07:47 AM
IIRC - they also had a sale on the discs last year around Father's Day. Something like $50 off. Nice deal if you really need a new disc and I hope they do it again this year.

idkwhothatis123
06-01-12, 10:01 AM
How come that stuff never happens to me? I told them the dealer lied when I got home and realized the Nav DVD box was empty and told me they would replace it and never did. The response I got was $199 for a disk. Lol

What did you say?

I told them that mine got scratched and asked for a replacement. He asked if I wanted to purchase one and I said preferably not. That I was hoping for a complimentary disc. Told him I didn't care which disc, that I just needed one and budget was tight. He verified that I was looking for a free disc. Asked about my car and then he went to a diff department and about 15 later he asked if the '11 was okay since the 12 was gone. In the mail.

eatyoursandwich
06-01-12, 01:15 PM

What did you say?

I just told them the truth when I got my free 2012 disc back in Feb.

The dealer had a 2011 disc on the invoice, but said the 2012 disc would be sent to me free of charge. When the disc was never sent, I called GMnavdisc, told the nice lady what happened and she sent me a brand new 2012 disc no questions asked.

To make it better, I went back to the dealer for service and showed him the invoice which stated the 2011 disc with correct serials and everything. Told the SA that the car came with a '07 disc and the 2012 was never sent; I had to go through GMNavdisc to get it. Within 5 minutes, I was refunded $199 by the dealer without so much as complaining, just stating facts. I never asked for a refund or anything for that matter, I just let my SA know what happened, he took responsibility (which in fairness wasn't his fault) and refunded the money because to him, it was the right thing to do. Another reason I have been thoroughly satisfied with not only my local Cadillac dealer, but also GM of America as a whole.

LiquidTrader, try calling GM of America and explaining your issue.

I posted the number and extension of the lady at GMNavdisc that sent me the free disc in another thread, I just can't find it right now.

1BadCadSTS
06-01-12, 02:07 PM
06-07 cars came with 2 free updates. That's why some people are successful at gettin a free update after they give their Vin...

rnkath08
06-02-12, 06:06 PM
thanks for the tip, mine had never been upgraded, but its on its way!!!
even though I hate the nav system, it does help to know where I'm going!

idkwhothatis123
06-02-12, 09:38 PM
thanks for the tip, mine had never been upgraded, but its on its way!!!
even though I hate the nav system, it does help to know where I'm going!

Hard to use for sure and I typically use my phone GPS. In a pinch its good for a backup

LiquidTrader
06-03-12, 02:56 AM
Tried them yesterday and they could not do anything. They did say if I had an 06 or 07 that they would give a free updated disc.

Anyone with an 06 or 07 - call them and get you a free disc!! If you do, think about me for your old one! :)

I mainly want to confirm this thing works. The empty case might have been on purpose from the dealer! Ill be pissed if that's the case.

Greg00coupe
06-03-12, 07:24 AM
did ya go back to the dealer and ask him about the disk? when I bought my 05 in 09 there was no disk in the car. during the delivery the salesman stopped by a cabinet and they had dozens of disks and he just picked up the latest one and gave to me. they just had them stockpiled.

LiquidTrader
06-03-12, 07:43 AM
Yes I have been contacting them with no results but the run around

rnkath08
06-03-12, 03:09 PM
Liquid trader...mine is an 06, but when the upgrade disc comes you're welcome to have my old one

LiquidTrader
06-03-12, 08:54 PM
Liquid trader...mine is an 06, but when the upgrade disc comes you're welcome to have my old one

Thank you very much!

Much appreciated

rnkath08
06-03-12, 10:49 PM
you'll just have to send me your snail mail info to my email....rnkathny08@aol.com
I'll shoot it to you when the new one comes

mckellyb
06-13-12, 10:32 PM
Just got one sent to me, today, for an '05.

WINNING!

FWIW, I was asked if this was on the window sticker when I bought it.

Why, yes...yes it was. I don't have said sticker any more, however....

:thumbsup:

Should be here next week. The nav disc 'ordering' area is a different number, but I don't have it here...I'll post it from work, tomorrow.

Still have only 2011. I wasn't about to wait another 6 months to get a 2012, though.

My '05 shows my house in a field...

dbrooksy25
06-14-12, 03:09 PM
Great Thread!! I called the 877NAVDISC and the told me they were not allowed to give out free disc but they transferred me to GM customer service. After giving all my info (including VIN) and signing my car up to email updates, the GM customer service rep authorized one free upgrade. I had to wait on hold while he made the order thru the NavDisc center. In all I was on the phone for about 30 minutes, mostly on hold. I am receiving a 2011 disc, I was told the 2012 would be about a 1 month wait but I could be put on the list and would receive it as soon as it was available.

dannyquest
06-14-12, 03:20 PM
Hey Guys, Great news, just hung up the phone with G.M. and they are sending me a FREE nav disc. Should receive it in about 7 - 10 days. Any one need a 06 STS nav disc. Danny

curtc
06-14-12, 09:30 PM
Hey Guys, Great news, just hung up the phone with G.M. and they are sending me a FREE nav disc. Should receive it in about 7 - 10 days. Any one need a 06 STS nav disc. Danny

I'm trying to determine if I have a bad disc or a bad unit...disc either doesn't load at all or displays a garbled mess of nothing, while the screen freezes, can only push the audio button at the top left to exit nav....tried burning it, got it to display my location once but it didn't move with the car, garbled mess ever since with the copy...in short, I'll take it.

EChas3
06-14-12, 10:19 PM
Disks can go bad.

dannyquest
06-15-12, 07:25 AM
CURTC, Yes you can have my old 06 STS version nav disc as soon as I receive my new one. Like the lady said 7-10 days. E-mail me at dholt3870@yahoo.com Danny

curtc
06-15-12, 01:11 PM
CURTC, Yes you can have my old 06 STS version nav disc as soon as I receive my new one. Like the lady said 7-10 days. E-mail me at dholt3870@yahoo.com Danny

Thank you sir! Email sent with shipping address.

bucket list
06-19-12, 08:54 PM
Can't understand why everyone is so happy. Have a 10' STS and it has the absolute worst NAV system made.
The cross streets aren't listed, no one in car can reprogram destination while in motion. Destinations are wrong.
The map is horrible. even when enlarging or making smaller. Did I say HORRIBLE?. Even tried their On-Star program.
called in a destination it was wrong. Found the right place on my own 1 1/2mi difference. Then you can't
shut them up. All the way back home it kept telling me to turn back. turn back turn back. Even when it was
Turned Off. Called OnStar and they can't delete it. The destination that THEY put it. Go Figure!
Cadillac doesn't have a phone contact and they don't bother responding to emails.
This bucket list car's NAV turned out to be more honey bucket.
. I now use my accurate $89.00 portable gps, and have
this big waste of space screen with the Caddy emblem on all the time. Someone said Caddy can't be held responsible
for the NAV system. HUH??? They ordered it, they installed it. They sold it. They should correct it!!!!

1BadCadSTS
06-19-12, 09:18 PM
So I gather you don't like your factory nav... Sounds like you just don't understand how to use it.

Mine works flawless.

eatyoursandwich
06-20-12, 02:57 PM
Can't understand why everyone is so happy. Have a 10' STS and it has the absolute worst NAV system made.
The cross streets aren't listed, no one in car can reprogram destination while in motion. Destinations are wrong.
The map is horrible. even when enlarging or making smaller. Did I say HORRIBLE?. Even tried their On-Star program.
called in a destination it was wrong. Found the right place on my own 1 1/2mi difference. Then you can't
shut them up. All the way back home it kept telling me to turn back. turn back turn back. Even when it was
Turned Off. Called OnStar and they can't delete it. The destination that THEY put it. Go Figure!
Cadillac doesn't have a phone contact and they don't bother responding to emails.
This bucket list car's NAV turned out to be more honey bucket.
. I now use my accurate $89.00 portable gps, and have
this big waste of space screen with the Caddy emblem on all the time. Someone said Caddy can't be held responsible
for the NAV system. HUH??? They ordered it, they installed it. They sold it. They should correct it!!!!

1. Read Nav Manual
2. Learn Navigation System (it's more user friendly and on par with just about every other OEM nav system out there)
3. Edit or reformat post

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle."
- Sun Tzu

Subsailor613
10-04-12, 09:34 PM
This is in responce to curtc's post above :
Is it possible you NEED the Firmware upgrade , before it will take the NEWER Nav Disc ? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

curtc
10-05-12, 01:12 AM
Nope, turned out the disc that came with my car wasn't even for an STS, it was a different GM nav disc. The one that was sent to me works just fine, haven't ponied up the dough for a newer one yet.

caddooo44
10-08-12, 06:56 PM
Yo Liquid, I also have a 06 sts. When my new one comes my old one is yours . No problem. Ok so just got off the phone with GM. they are sending me the 2012 disc free of charge. So liquid, if you need it its yours. Let me know

BucShot
12-03-12, 10:03 PM
Great Thread!! I called the 877NAVDISC and the told me they were not allowed to give out free disc but they transferred me to GM customer service. After giving all my info (including VIN) and signing my car up to email updates, the GM customer service rep authorized one free upgrade. I had to wait on hold while he made the order thru the NavDisc center. In all I was on the phone for about 30 minutes, mostly on hold. I am receiving a 2011 disc, I was told the 2012 would be about a 1 month wait but I could be put on the list and would receive it as soon as it was available.

I did the exact same thing and they are sending a 2013 version since they are out of 2012. I will have to wait a month though.
I think the winning question/answer was "Have you ever received a free update Nav DVD". I had not and said so.

I could be wrong but that was my distinct impression.