: Has anyone else been unable to get on the site today?

Faded Crest
05-31-12, 12:20 AM
I could not get on the site all afternoon and evening. Anyone else had this problem? Was the site down for maintenance?

vincentm
05-31-12, 12:23 AM
Just came up for me, looks like maintenance, then DNS problems after...i did an nslookup in command prompt for cadillacforums.com but that didn't work eiher.

Ranger
05-31-12, 12:19 PM
Boy am I glad to hear you say that. I thought it was my computer. I get an occasional "Unable To Locate Server. FireFox Cannot Find Server At www.cadillacforums.com" message. The only way I can get back on it to restart my computer.

EDIT:
Just happened again at 10:30

RippyPartsDept
05-31-12, 12:41 PM
yeah i gave up after it was down for an hour (3-4pm) then this morning it was down again, but only a short while

... there was a message that said it was for site maintenance and would be back shortly... those things rarely ever go as planned

any word on what was done? upgrades? new server?

JimmyH
05-31-12, 08:39 PM
There has been some problems behind the scenes. Sal and the server admin have been working on it.

The last couple of days, I would come here and couldn't even get a page to load. Then come back 10 minutes later, and all is well. If you have problems, i would suggest waiting a short while, then come back.

Ranger
06-02-12, 08:50 PM
Still having problems. Now I get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@cadillacforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Submariner409
06-02-12, 09:56 PM
This "internal server error" is becoming commonplace - If I simply close Firefox, wait until all the history, etc. clears and log back in it's OK for some period of time, then up it comes again.

...........and the page load times are increasing tonight. More "waiting for www.cadillacforums", waiting for www.madisonross", "transferring data from www.cadillacforums". The wheels grind, the little gears go around, but nothing happens for 10 - 15 - sometimes 40 seconds.