: Car takes off at end of gear.

B1n2fra
05-30-12, 11:08 PM
Ive recently noticed that I have a slight power loss sometimes when I slam on the gas from 0, and the car seems to be turbo charged or something towards the end of each gear. When it reaches the end of the gear the car feels as if a turbo had kicked in and the car fly's like a bat outta hell. Even if the throttle's not pressed all the way down the car takes off. I also notice a slight hiss in the front right side of the engine. I thought maybe a hose was loose but I cant see anything. I noticed both of these things around the same time. Is there any vacuum hoses in that general area that I should look for that could play with the acceleration of the car. 07 awd N*

B1n2fra
06-02-12, 10:21 PM
Any ideas anybody???

MacMuse
06-02-12, 10:52 PM
Nothing to offer other than my dealer cleared some light hesitation when found and repaired a couple vacuum issues while working on something else.

Yeah, just recommending a dealer check with the official diagnostic systems.

Lifer
06-04-12, 12:32 PM
Check your intake manifold bolts. They loosen up and could cause this.

B1n2fra
06-04-12, 06:09 PM
Is the intake manifold the black plenum plastic piece on top the engine

1BadCadSTS
06-04-12, 08:30 PM
That's when peak hp hits on the n*. Its a high rev dohc engine. The gearing helps on take off it's high rpm band and peak power take over when over 5k rpm.

B1n2fra
06-11-12, 08:35 PM
It has to be the intake bolts. I tightened a few that I could reach and I noticed a difference . And if I'm just cruising at about 1200 rpm not giving it much gas at all when it reaches the end of the gear it just shoots off as if I hit the gas harder. I sometimes have to pull my foot off of the gas to gain control.