: POI listing using city as a filtef

RGaret
05-30-12, 06:13 PM
When I want to find a POI by name in a specific city, the results I get back are listed in ascending order by distance from my current location and not the city I specified in my search. Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, or is it supposed to work this way?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-12, 02:16 PM
We would be happy to look into this for you, RGaret. Is your CTS-V a 2009?
Best,
Sarah (In for Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho
06-01-12, 10:39 PM
They all do that. It's annoying. I've learned to just use my phone to find a POI and then get the address and input that.

Or, if you have full Onstar, you can just call and have them zap the location to your nav...

RGaret
06-05-12, 07:06 PM
We would be happy to look into this for you, RGaret. Is your CTS-V a 2009?
Best,
Sarah (In for Katie)

Mine is a 2012. Thanks for checking this out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-12, 01:11 PM
Thanks for elaborating, RGaret! I checked my resources and see that your POI results do indeed provides the POI icon, the name, the direction, and the distance to the POI from the vehicle's current position. According to your Navigation Manual, you can use the Sort by Dist (distance), Icon, Name, and, on Route as desired (see page 41 for details)! Feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Hope this helps,

Katie

RGaret
06-06-12, 07:39 PM
Thanks for elaborating, RGaret! I checked my resources and see that your POI results do indeed provides the POI icon, the name, the direction, and the distance to the POI from the vehicle's current position. According to your Navigation Manual, you can use the Sort by Dist (distance), Icon, Name, and, on Route as desired (see page 41 for details)! Feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Hope this helps,

Katie

Katie,

This does help. I figured out I can use the city filter and then it will show the POI in that location.

spind
06-06-12, 10:06 PM
Katie,

Thanks for finding this info, will help me make better use of my GPS.