: What is the proper offset for 20x9 and 20x10.5. Help please!

Evil_V
05-29-12, 09:51 PM
I am looking at 20x9 35mm wheels for the front and 20x10.5 42mm offset in the rear. The shop that I was going to buy this from told me that it will fit 100% just fine without any issues of it sticking out. A lot of people told me that it will fit and a lot of people told me that the rear wheels will stick out about 1-1.5" from the outer fender.

With that said, can someone please tell me what is the proper offset for V2 sedan wheels?? Especially running 20x10.5 in the rear of a V2 sedan. Will the above mentioned offsets fit???

Thank you,

thebigjimsho
05-29-12, 10:46 PM
The Z06 wheels are 18x10.5" and have a 58mm offset. A spacer of about 6mm is usually needed, which brings the offset to about 52mm, or so. I would think 42 would be fine. I would think...

Havasusteve
05-29-12, 11:42 PM
Evil,

I cant answer your question directly, but I had the OEM fronts (51mm offset) widened to 10.5. I use a 5/8" spacer (15.875mm) with it on the rear. I stick out about 1/2" (305.30.19), only due to the tire brand/style. I would say that it probably WILL stick out. FYI...Stay away from the Michelin Super Sport series if room is an issue. I swear there is a 1/2" of curb protection on those suckers.

Not sure if this helps or hinders.

Bottom line if the seller is so confident, have them GUARANTEE buy-back if it doesnt.

Good luck

Steve

LV_V
05-30-12, 12:59 AM
Contact our new vendor, Paul @ Howey Industries. He did a fantastic job on my wheels and guarantees fitment.

Evil_V
05-30-12, 02:14 AM
Contact our new vendor, Paul @ Howey Industries. He did a fantastic job on my wheels and guarantees fitment.

Oh yea, completely forgot about that! I am on the website now. Will call them first thing tomorrow!

The Z06 wheels are 18x10.5" and have a 58mm offset. A spacer of about 6mm is usually needed, which brings the offset to about 52mm, or so. I would think 42 would be fine. I would think...

Gmmmm great info, thanks bud!

Evil,

I cant answer your question directly, but I had the OEM fronts (51mm offset) widened to 10.5. I use a 5/8" spacer (15.875mm) with it on the rear. I stick out about 1/2" (305.30.19), only due to the tire brand/style. I would say that it probably WILL stick out. FYI...Stay away from the Michelin Super Sport series if room is an issue. I swear there is a 1/2" of curb protection on those suckers.
Not sure if this helps or hinders.

Bottom line if the seller is so confident, have them GUARANTEE buy-back if it doesnt.

Good luck

Steve

I will be running Nitto tires. But when you were sticking out, was it to the point where you couldn't drive over bumps and had constant rubbing?? Do you have pictures? Or was it sticking out enough to be flush or requires fender rolling??? Good info, thank you.

Paul@HoweyIndustries
05-30-12, 09:41 AM
I am looking at 20x9 35mm wheels for the front and 20x10.5 42mm offset in the rear. The shop that I was going to buy this from told me that it will fit 100% just fine without any issues of it sticking out. A lot of people told me that it will fit and a lot of people told me that the rear wheels will stick out about 1-1.5" from the outer fender.

With that said, can someone please tell me what is the proper offset for V2 sedan wheels?? Especially running 20x10.5 in the rear of a V2 sedan. Will the above mentioned offsets fit???

Thank you,

I can tell you that the rear sizing is off slightly if you want room for a 295 or 305 tire. Give me a call at 1-888-554-7755 or email me at paul@howeyindustries.com and I'll be glad to assist. I generally do not openly post fitment data publicly as it costs us lots of money and time to come up with our test fitments.

Havasusteve is also correct on his findings with certain tire brands. We have found certain tire makes/models do not work well when every MM of space is needed for certain fitments.

-Paul