: psst - XM free trial in progress

MacMuse
05-29-12, 07:00 PM
Gave up on the XM fee bandwagon but still miss it for time to time?

You've got few days to enjoy it right now. A basic selection of channels (no R-rated stuff or premium channels) is available on your XM receiver through June 4th. At least, that's the duration I saw mentioned elsewhere. It was definitely flowing free for my ride home today.

Enjoy!

curtc
05-29-12, 09:35 PM
When did this start??? I just bought an 06 STS last thursday and XM has worked since, so I canceled my XM as I thought the previous owner never disabled the radio...

MacMuse
05-29-12, 11:34 PM
Not sure, but they usually do it on the week leading up to a holiday. Probably some time last week.

curtc
05-30-12, 12:05 AM
Hmmm...guess I will just wait for it to stop working and reactivate it if need be.

BarrySTS
05-31-12, 12:33 PM
I received an email with special offers. I signed up for the three months @ $ 2.49/mo. offer, then after three months, it would revert to the regular price. I'll likely cancel at the end of the three months. I'm in Canada.

malatu
05-31-12, 01:04 PM
..... and when you cancel, they forward you to a customer care rep who will most likely offer you a discount off the regular price.

erichthecatt
05-31-12, 05:53 PM
The free trial offer ends june 4th

EChas3
05-31-12, 09:41 PM
They are also offering great renewal deals with less hassel, too. I think Sirius/XM is trying hard just to survive.

ddgm
06-05-12, 05:10 PM
I received an email with special offers. I signed up for the three months @ $ 2.49/mo. offer, then after three months, it would revert to the regular price. I'll likely cancel at the end of the three months. I'm in Canada.

If you used a credit card to sign up, good luck on the cancel part. I was a Canadian customer of Sirius and finally had to resort to sending them a registered letter and cancelling my credit card to get rid of them. Google cancel Sirius/xm and you'll see. I have been a snowbird for the past 2 years and I'll maybe sign up in the US, but you can bet that I will only pay by cheque if I do get it again. I do like it though. They still send me special offers all the time. Once bitten ..........

Doug

malatu
06-05-12, 05:20 PM
I've renewed three times using this method and was offered a substantial discount all three times. Very easy... no problems.

Though, now when you renew, you are agreeing to automatically renew without them having to contact you. And of course, they will renew you at the full rate.

curtc
06-05-12, 05:33 PM
I canceled with no issue last week from my automatically renewing CC account...they even gave me a pro-rated refund..Is the free trial over? If so, I got XM for free now!

KRSTS
06-05-12, 05:34 PM
I've renewed three times using this method and was offered a substantial discount all three times. Very easy... no problems.

Though, now when you renew, you are agreeing to automatically renew without them having to contact you. And of course, they will renew you at the full rate.

They can only do that if you give them a CC. I always insist on an invoice and pay by check

EChas3
06-05-12, 08:12 PM
A good bank backs their customers. If you have trouble canceling any service on your card change your bank & card.

Hoosier24
06-07-12, 10:25 AM
Mines an 09 that I bought used with fairly low miles and the xm still works. Either the previous owner is still paying for it or xm just hasn't shut it off. Either way I'm not complaining.

erichthecatt
06-07-12, 03:02 PM
I just renewed 2 xm radios yesterday. 94.00 each with taxes for the year. Yea, you do have to agree to have your cc automatically charged in a year, at the current rate. So I just made myself a reminder note, and tacked it to my bulliten board. What a hassle.

KRSTS
06-07-12, 03:23 PM
I just renewed 2 xm radios yesterday. 94.00 each with taxes for the year. Yea, you do have to agree to have your cc automatically charged in a year, at the current rate. So I just made myself a reminder note, and tacked it to my bulliten board. What a hassle.
Not a good deal:bang2:

erichthecatt
06-07-12, 05:12 PM
Has anyone got a better deal with a year contract? ive only seen the cheap deals, once the xm has been cancelled

1BadCadSTS
06-07-12, 09:16 PM
I'll stick to my upac STS and hd radio.

caddyfat2
06-07-12, 10:35 PM
Just reed up for $24.99 for 6 months.

KRSTS
06-08-12, 08:13 AM
Just reed up for $24.99 for 6 months.

This is what I have been getting on both my vehicles for the last couple of years.

EChas3
06-08-12, 08:58 PM
I've never had an issue with XM having my card number. This last time, they didn't realize it had expired and sent me a bill. Now my account has a small credit!

erichthecatt
06-11-12, 09:56 AM
I tried getting them to honor the price I recieved last year of 77 for the year, and they wouldnt budge. I dont know how you guys are getting cheaper deals on activated radios. I barely got them to drop the activation fee last week, when I reactivated my '10. (ive had free xm since 1-11, when i bought the car)

malatu
06-11-12, 10:46 AM
I tried getting them to honor the price I recieved last year of 77 for the year, and they wouldnt budge. I dont know how you guys are getting cheaper deals on activated radios. I barely got them to drop the activation fee last week, when I reactivated my '10. (ive had free xm since 1-11, when i bought the car)

Once again, call and tell them you want to cancel. Unless they've changed this policy, they will put you through to customer service. That person will ask you why you want to cancel.... you tell them it cost too much ... and then they'll offer you a discount. I've don't this three times now. Although, the first of the three, they called me and offered me the promotional rate for three years. The last two times, I've only been able to renew for one year.

With that said, if you aren't in the position of renewal, I'm not sure what to tell you. Keep us posted.

Though regardless of your situation, the magic word is "cancel". Repeat after me ..... "cancel".

EChas3
06-11-12, 09:24 PM
Last time I didn't even have to talk to a second person. The magic word is 'Cancel'. Sirius/XM is barely holding on and satellite bandwidth is getting costly.

rnkath08
06-12-12, 11:09 PM
the past few years I've taken the five months for $20 they offered me, mostly because my car goes away in the winter...got a mailing today telling me I have a 3 month free trial for sirius going....works for me. Never had a problem when I wanted to cancel, and truely don't love it so not keeping it doesn't hurt my feelings any.