: Cadillac Warranty not valid on second repair?

1BadCadSTS
05-29-12, 07:29 PM
About a year ago I his ash tray was replaced at which time the wood bezel which surrounds it was also noted to be cracked so it was ordered as well. His car was CPO so it was all covered under that.

The CPO ran out on his car but he was still under the 1 year 12k mile parts warranty and we again noted that the radio and hvac bezel was again cracked. We took it to our dealer they noted it but said there was nothing they could do. When we inquired about the part cost we were informed it was nearly 700 dollars installed. It takes 5 minutes to install it, its in-fact the parts cost which is so high.

We contacted GM customer assistance and after a few weeks we essentially have gotten no where on it. They bumped it up to some regional rep who when he stated this doesn’t seem right that a warranty is stated and not actually backed that if this is how the brand is going to be his next car would be else where she replied this isn't her problem. I found that rather rude when he informed me. He’s pretty much come to live with it and decided that since GM cannot stand behind this simple repair which in all honest should of been under warranty he has now decided he’s going to attempt to look at a different manufacture for a 2nd toy car he is looking at.

I asked him to hold off and thought I would attempt to reach out here to see if in-fact you could help.

The car was always serviced at Baierl Cadillac in Wexford PA.

Its VIN is 1G6DC67A370159778 and was taken in on 12/23/11 for the 2nd time for repair and was denied (the car at the time had 47565 miles still under mileage warranty but out of in service date so the 4/50 bumper to bumper was out CPO still applied but again the bezel had already been replaced once)

If some resolution on this could be met I would appreciate it. We currently have 6 cars in our house hold 5 of which are Cadillac’s the 6th is a Chevy, I can provide all their VINs if needed to show how loyal we have been to the brand throughout the years.

Thank you very much.

1BadCadSTS
05-30-12, 11:01 PM
Cadillac Customer Assistance?

1BadCadSTS
06-05-12, 09:40 PM
It's an absolute shame I could not even be provided a valid reason why and after so many cars purchased throughout the years nothing could be done. On a dealer level and on the actual equipment level the brand is outstanding however the corporate level has just lost itself a loyal 4 person family who purchased a Cadillac every other year.

Yesterday he purchased an Audi a7 and the car is amazing hopefully they will stand by their product.

JimmyH
06-05-12, 10:24 PM
How did the bezel get cracked?

1BadCadSTS
06-06-12, 01:32 AM
How did the 1st on crack. Dunno. Cars never had any work other than warranty replacement stuff.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-06-12, 02:19 PM
1BadCadSTS, this thread just came to my attention today and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience! If you have already interacted with our Customer Assistance team, I would be happy to investigate the details for you and explore your options and possible next steps. Please send me a private message at your convenience with the case/service request number associated with your concern.

Looking forward to working with you,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1BadCadSTS
06-06-12, 03:28 PM
Pm sent.

1BadCadSTS
06-08-12, 04:20 PM
Any news on this?

1BadCadSTS
06-19-12, 12:05 PM
Still nothing

dkozloski
06-20-12, 06:43 PM
Stonewall?

itscody
06-22-12, 12:56 PM
M.i.a

1BadCadSTS
06-28-12, 10:48 PM
Yup no resolution what so ever. Sad to say the least I wasn't even respected with a go pound salt response. Shame loyalty gets you no where.

Pdabs
06-29-12, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure CPO doesn't cover trim. It's not like bumper to bumper. Its very close but not exactly the same warranty. So I'm not surprised your claim was denied.

Edit. It's not covered.

http://www.longcadillac.com/Cadillac_CPO_Benefits_FN.pdf

This is what cpo gets you.

1BadCadSTS
06-29-12, 03:06 PM
It is covered under the parts warranty. It cracked they replaced it. While under the 12mth 12k parts warranty written on the work order it cracked again. That's what the problem is.

1BadCadSTS
07-03-12, 04:43 PM
Still nothing.

1BadCadSTS
07-12-12, 08:04 PM
Pathetic that this kind of loyalty cannot warranty at the very least a response

http://i48.tinypic.com/14kkynt.jpg

1BadCadSTS
08-31-12, 10:08 AM
Ttt still no resolution on this....

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-04-12, 10:30 AM
1BadCadSTS, I am so sorry but this is the first time I'm seeing your responses in our original thread! I know you were involved with Customer Service agents in the past, so I just checked your case details and am PMing you directly after posting this.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1BadCadSTS
09-12-12, 08:39 PM
So back to non response.

Kingoftypos
09-13-12, 03:24 PM
Maybe GM needs to have someone else in here. Even if it's not an answer you want, it'll at least be an answer.

Don't let this one person tarnish a companies image though. Every company has a terrible person to deal with.

KOT

dkozloski
09-13-12, 05:03 PM
My guess is that somebody a little higher on the organization chart has put 1BadCadSTS on the company ignore list. To the average outsider looking in it sure seems to be treatment about as shabby as it gets.

Many years ago I was present when a friend of mine called the Ford Motor Co. asking to talk to Lee Iacoca about a problem with his new Mustang and he was instantly connected to him. He politely and succinctly described the problems with the car and the dealer. Within two days he had a check in his hand from the local dealer reimbursing him for all the work done on the car that he'd paid for and a letter signed by Iococa saying the car was under warranty as long as he owned it.

JimmyH
09-13-12, 05:17 PM
That was a different era. It may as well have been a different planet.

1BadCadSTS
09-18-12, 04:00 PM
Well its offically a joke at this point. They even strung me along stating dont worry we will open a new case and I never heard another thing. It's a stupid piece of trim and at this point its the principle of it. It's fine though they lost a customer who purchased 4 cars every 2 years and one who to date referred 6 customers from foreign cars to cadillac. Never again will I defent my car which I have a booklet of serivce work for saying sure its always in the shop but they take care of it.

The DEALER takes care of me a shame Cadillac does not and that just goes to show how hard GM must have it if they treat loyal customers like this.

My gfs 2003 Accord with 160XXX miles just got a radio replaced at NO cost because they KNEW of the issue with the display...

Rolotomasi67
09-19-12, 12:35 PM
I can empathize with your situation. My 06 SRX was burning oil long before the extended warranty expired. I was told by the dealer service department after 3 visits, nothing was wrong. Yet I was going through oil at an alarming rate. Well after the 100k ticked over on my odometer, I brought it back for another issue with the transmission. They decided to look then. After tearing down the engine, It Seems the problem required a motor rebuild or replacement. Cost would be $4,500 rebuild or $6,000 new. Do you think for a minute they would honor the history reports of an existing problem? After weeks of run around from the dealer & Cadillac customer service, I received a coupon for $1,000 credit for the purchase of a brand new Cadillac. You can imagine what I told them to do with their coupon. I will never buy another Cadillac again. I had a Lexus & a Jaguar before this sub-standard "luxury" vehicle. Never had customer service issues with either.

What ever happened to pride in the product and making the customer satisfied? Lost art in the American auto industry.

CadillacSevilleSTS
09-20-12, 12:19 AM
That was a different era. It may as well have been a different planet.
Hence why Iacocca wrote the book, "Where Have All the Leaders Gone?"

dkozloski
09-20-12, 12:18 PM
Not the Whitehouse.

johnshrl
09-20-12, 05:50 PM
I am new to this forum, and this is the first page I have been able to type a message on.
All I want to know is when will the 2013 SRX models be available for purchase?

Submariner409
09-20-12, 07:24 PM
You should have started a new thread for this specific question - upper left tab - Post new thread - it will be all yours.