: general problems and general questions

rashwerd
05-29-12, 02:51 PM
Have searched this but unable to find anything on this problem my air conditioner has a musty smell coming from it constantly the drains on both the front and back are draining but still have the smell...any help is appreciated... also when driving at when I stomp the pedal down i get the exaust smell in the car but doesnt seem as though its coming from the back IE. hatch open or something smells like its from up front but dont know what its coming from have considered to change muffler to see if that helps planned on doing that anyway thanks for helping

hannity
05-29-12, 03:03 PM
The problem comes from manufacturers using smaller AC coils. This is not a gm issue it happens to all cars eventually. The problem is turning off the car with the AC still on. This is an easy fix. Make sure the AC is off before you shut off the vehicle. Due to coils being smaller in the hopes of increasing fuel efficiency it can tend to hold excess water. These coils can hold water and not drain completely. The water sits there and when you start the vehicle you will smell mildew from the standing water. Get a spray bottle from the dollar store mix 1 part bleach and 3 parts water and spray it into the air dam with the AC running on full blast. Let the car run with the AC still on for about 5 mins or so. This will take care of the problem I guarantee it. But most importantly make sure the AC is off when you shut off the vehicle. As far as exhaust smell that is another issue all together, gm doesn't use in cabin air fliters so there is a greater chance of getting particles and unwanted odors sucked in from outside. I hope this helps. BTW you may have to do this 2 or 3 times for the smell to completely go away.

rashwerd
05-29-12, 03:36 PM
thanks for the information will do this and see how it works much appreciated

hannity
05-29-12, 06:43 PM
Hey no problem. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-12, 11:05 AM
rashwerd,

Were you able to try out hannity's suggestion since your last post? We look forward to an update!
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service