: Power Side Mirrors Folding - Wiring

chakde
05-29-12, 12:40 PM
I am looking for some wiring help. I ordered the power mirror folding module that I want to try on my escalade from ebay. Basically you cut the wire coming from the switch to the mirrora and insert this module and what it lets you do is with the lock trigger it will fold your mirrors and with unlock trigger open your side power folding mirrors. I am looking for the lock pulse and unlock pulse in addition to the wires to the power folding mechanism. I am hoping to have them under the dash rather than have to take the door panel apart if possible.

Wire color and locations etc. will be greatly appriciated. I tried doing an online search and did not come up with much.

If this module works I am sure this will make a a few of us happy.

chakde
06-01-12, 07:21 PM
Bump

Hoping someone with alarm wiring information can help me with this.

Nice Ride
06-01-12, 07:41 PM
Sorry I can't help, but do you have any good local alarm companies by you? My local guy hooked mine up to the viper alarm. When alarm sets, they close, upon disarm they open. You do have to get access to the wire by the switch, and I think you must do this for both mirrors.
Good luck.

chakde
06-02-12, 04:10 AM
Thanks Nice Ride. I do have some local shops but do not particularly trust them too much. I have seen some of their work and not too impressed. I may try to do some more research to see if I can take this on myself.

Nice Ride
06-03-12, 12:28 PM
If you have a Best Buy near you, you can try talking to one of there senior tech's. They do viper alarms and have access to everything a local alarm guy would.

chakde
06-03-12, 01:22 PM
Thanks again. I will do that next time I am in Edmonton as there is no BetBuy in our town.

cadmanchris
06-03-12, 01:48 PM
This is for an 08 Escalade,

On the driver's door module/switch, there is a 10 wire black connector, next to the white connector.
Pin 1 is dark blue with a white trace. This is the mirror retract circuit.
Pin 2 is dark green with a white trace. This is the mirror extend circuit.

HTH.