: STS Info cluster color

willysmooo
05-29-12, 11:08 AM
Hi there, On our STS's the climate control and info read-outs are Orange. I was driving in a co-workers 2008 SRX(before the body change) and his are nice white/bluish(same as DTS too), is there a way to plug into the computer and change this color that anyone knows about????

By the way I have 108k, and just got my Trans flushed out(diffs and transfer case were done a bit ago) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! WOW...what I will say is that I had it done at 45k also, and didnt notice such a difference as I do at this mileage....also did the steering with LUCAS a month ago and my steering is AMAZING now TOO....has been since I did it....just FYI

Ludacrisvp
05-29-12, 12:11 PM
There is a guy that is changing out the LEDs to match that. It's not changeable via computer. The STS has amber backlighting via amber LEDs.

1BadCadSTS
05-29-12, 02:02 PM
I did it. I was able to change the hvac it looks good. Speedos I'm still working on

Other clusters and hvacs will not work I've tired the dts and srx cluster as well as the escalade hvac before buying spares and making my own.

1BadCadSTS
05-29-12, 02:08 PM
Here's a pic

curtc
05-29-12, 02:11 PM
Damn, that looks great..I've seen others do it in the CTS too...big difference

eatyoursandwich
05-29-12, 02:19 PM
There is a guy that is changing out the LEDs to match that. It's not changeable via computer. The STS has amber backlighting via amber LEDs.

*edit* What I posted has already been said.

1BadCadSTS
05-29-12, 03:31 PM
I've done mine and 550 stsvs. Pretty sure we are the only ones with it done. It wasn't easy.

HiZ
05-30-12, 03:07 AM
Hi there, On our STS's the climate control and info read-outs are Orange. I was driving in a co-workers 2008 SRX(before the body change) and his are nice white/bluish(same as DTS too), is there a way to plug into the computer and change this color that anyone knows about????

By the way I have 108k, and just got my Trans flushed out(diffs and transfer case were done a bit ago) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! WOW...what I will say is that I had it done at 45k also, and didnt notice such a difference as I do at this mileage....also did the steering with LUCAS a month ago and my steering is AMAZING now TOO....has been since I did it....just FYI

What fluids did you use for the Trans?
The rear diff?
OEM GM fluids? also what is the Lucas treatment?
Not the product, but do you just use 100% Lucas or.............?