: ZL1 Sighting...

brlong23
05-28-12, 11:00 PM
Was at Cars and Coffee this weekend in Great Falls, VA. Saw 2 brand new Camaro ZL1's. Not to bad looking but certainly not my cup of tea. Link below is to the cars leaving the get together. First car is a Ferarri F40 (No explination needed). 2nd up is the ZL1 and then me in my Coupe. There are usually 2-3 V's there but this past weekend I counted 5 so we represented pretty well.

Anyways, enjoy the video...if you're in the area and haven't been, it's a lot of fun and there are always 150-200 cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D2zSxKtx6Q&feature=related

GM-4-LIFE
05-28-12, 11:18 PM
The ZL1 is bad ass! Very mean looking. I would want mine in Victory Red with the black 20" wheels. I am really starting to like the ZL1 more and more.

DangFoo
05-29-12, 01:27 AM
brlong23:

Nice video; what exhaust do you have on your V? Sorry if it's in your profile, as I'm on the mobile app.

Thanks

brlong23
05-29-12, 07:32 PM
I have the Corsa Axle Back

flatrockguy
05-29-12, 07:48 PM
The sport or touring?

brlong23
05-29-12, 10:40 PM
Sport

DangFoo
05-29-12, 11:27 PM
Sport

It sounds great - thanks for the video.

Titaniumseeker
05-29-12, 11:37 PM
It would figure the time I do not go there are more V's there and this time a couple of ZL1's. Nice vid. Love the red V coupe!

Bigron
05-30-12, 08:15 AM
About 6 in my parking garage right now, but I work at the Ren Cen.

shchow
06-01-12, 08:10 PM
I went to my local Chevy dealer yesterday to ask about the ZL1.
The salesman said that he thinks they're getting one sometime next week.
The first thing out of the manager's mouth was, "It's not for sale!"
Kind of pissed me off. Told the manager that I only wanted to look at it and see the visibility, ground clearance, etc.
Hell, when I went to my Caddy dealer and asked about the V, they handed me the keys.
When I originally got my E60 M5, I was able to test drive it before I got it.
If Chevy is going to treat some 57k car as if it was the next coming, they're going about it the wrong way.
I may just get the Shelby instead...

BWhite58
06-01-12, 08:39 PM
+The ZL1 is already down 82 horsepower .

TriTexan
06-01-12, 09:46 PM
Hell, when I went to my Caddy dealer and asked about the V, they handed me the keys.
When I originally got my E60 M5, I was able to test drive it before I got it.

Exactly. My Caddy dealer did one better. I wanted a wagon, but they didn't have one. I said a sedan would give me a good feel for the car...same basic engine, ride, etc. They said, "Hey, why don't we give it to you Friday night? Take your wife out for dinner, check it out thoroughly, and drop it back sometime Saturday." They sent me home with the car and a manual so I could go over everything. Although it's my car, they really understood the deal - make sure the wife loves it as much as the husband. I went back a few days later and put in my order.

The best way to get me to walk away from a deal is to be all snooty and protective about your product. If you think I'm just there to hot rod your demo car, then handle that issue...get me to fill out a credit app or leave a deposit or something. But don't treat me like I'm not worthly of the car! Seriously, that's pathetic.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-03-12, 05:17 PM
Great thread, you all! I enjoyed reading your honest ZL1 feedback.

And I really appreciated the dealer feedback, TriTexan & shchow. I hope you continue to receive great treatment from your Cadillac dealerships, and I was sorry to read about shchow's interaction regarding the ZL1.

Thanks for kicking off the discussion, brlong23!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service