: New Escalade Platinum

MostWanted
05-28-12, 05:44 PM
Added some custom wheels and drop kit:

hcvone
05-28-12, 06:26 PM
Looks very nice, love to lower mine but I already push snow in the winter at stock height. :(

MrHolland
05-28-12, 06:37 PM
That's sharp!! Rims set it off

murphy
05-28-12, 08:51 PM
Very nice...great choice of model and color !! :) Did you go with offset wheels ?
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v48/p4924622-6.jpg

jdubh25
06-19-12, 10:27 AM
Offset wheels? Can you elaborate please?

nathanjax
06-19-12, 12:48 PM
Offset wheels? Can you elaborate please?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

jdubh25
06-19-12, 04:40 PM
Ah ok, thanks nathanjax!

felixgun
06-19-12, 09:56 PM
wow extremely clean rims.. love the plat front end!!

superchargedss
06-20-12, 07:15 PM
Nice brakes Murphy! :D

murphy
06-20-12, 07:20 PM
Nice brakes Murphy! :D

Yup..gems thanks
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v34/p233871630-6.jpg

Nice Ride
06-22-12, 11:14 AM
Did you upgrade the Rear brakes also? Was thinking of going with StopTech since they have a complete kit front and rear. Already balanced no worries about proportion front & rear. Any info would help. I have a 09 Plat. Esv. Next step after BBU will be a Super Charger. That's about all I'm thinking of doing.

superchargedss
06-22-12, 11:37 AM
Did you upgrade the Rear brakes also? Was thinking of going with StopTech since they have a complete kit front and rear. Already balanced no worries about proportion front & rear. Any info would help. I have a 09 Plat. Esv. Next step after BBU will be a Super Charger. That's about all I'm thinking of doing.

Go with the wilwood setup. 6-piston front brakes with 16" rotors. Matching rears are 14.25" and 4-piston. I have them on our suburban and good lord do they grab!

murphy
06-22-12, 06:35 PM

Yes..put 14's on the rear..no bias issues,...They go hand in hand with the Maggie Puffer :)

Nice Ride
06-22-12, 09:34 PM
Yes..put 14's on the rear..no bias issues,...They go hand in hand with the Maggie Puffer :)

Stock Rims, any modifications needed? Spacer etc. brackets for bradded break line? What do you use as a spare Rim? If you have one. Thanks for all the feedback!!!

superchargedss
06-22-12, 10:11 PM
As long as you have a 20" or larger wheel, brakes will clear.

murphy
06-22-12, 11:01 PM
Stock Rims, any modifications needed? Spacer etc. brackets for bradded break line? What do you use as a spare Rim? If you have one. Thanks for all the feedback!!!

A spacer is needed with the front Platinum wheels. I had a custom pair CNC'd to 5/8 (did a 1/2 and an 1/8th thinking 1/2 may clear) but needed both each side. No spare for front..have to move a rear to front and put spare on rear for a front flat...the spare should clear the rear calipers...possibly

superchargedss
06-23-12, 10:56 AM
Interesting info Murphy. Had no idea the platinum wheels had clearance issues.

I know the CK375 22" clears the wilwoods.

We did forego the use of a spare on our vehicle. Did not recall ever using one before. If we go on a road trip, we'd just toss one in the back if need be.

Am I reading correctly that you double stacked two spacers? Did you need to elongate your lugs? I was always told that stacking spacers is dangerous because they cause friction against one another and can eventually crack. Have you heard anything about that?

What blower are you running?

murphy
06-23-12, 11:26 AM

We did forego the use of a spare on our vehicle. Did not recall ever using one before. If we go on a road trip, we'd just toss one in the back if need be.

Am I reading correctly that you double stacked two spacers? Did you need to elongate your lugs? I was always told that stacking spacers is dangerous because they cause friction against one another and can eventually crack. Have you heard anything about that?

The Platinum wheels have a more dished design so the spokes hit the calipers :(
Yes I doubled up a 1/2" with 1/8th..had them made wheel/hub centric to fine tolerances..no issues and added longer wheel studs...note that this causes the tire to slightly rub inside the rear side of fender liner as the arc of the turning radius is moved out with the spacers but rub is minor
I have a Magnacharger
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v39/p676179982-6.jpghttp://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s1/v21/p521406146-6.jpg

superchargedss
06-23-12, 12:10 PM
Very cool setup all around sir! Definitely my style. I'll post up some pics of wife's Burban (I know...not an esky) when I get back home. You'd appreciate the brakes.

Nice Ride
10-14-12, 08:38 PM
Dumb question ... Can you put a super charger on a Hybrid?

K9Caddy
10-15-12, 04:45 AM
Seriously?:D Lol

Nice Ride
10-15-12, 03:34 PM
Question none the less.... 6.0 V8 no?

K9Caddy
10-15-12, 04:14 PM
I'm quite sure they make them for the 6.0 GM V8 in general. Moreover, the hybrid is tuned and used in continuity with the whole "hybrid electrical system", IE batteries and electrical motors. Adding a supercharger to a hybrid, makes no functional sense, nor would it be worth the time and aggravation.

Nice Ride
10-16-12, 01:44 PM
Just a thought....

Looks like the transmission is the key to the hybrid. The trans is powered by the motor the standard way, and also has electric motors in it for the batt side of the house. It would be a very interesting setup... If you punch the Hybrid it will use electric and the motor, if the batts are run down, you are running on the 6.0. SC would just add to the fun. Would make a very interesting project. You would get the best of both worlds.

hcvone
10-16-12, 05:47 PM

It's not the platinum wheels that are the issue, it's Baer's hat, the Wilwood's fit with not problems at all. I had Baer big brakes, but the hats were not what was called for from Baer, that is why mine fit without spacers, until an ice problem damaged one of my calipers leaving me without front brakes, a real joy to not have brakes in the mountains, lucky the snow was deep. :(