: Update on remanufactured Northstar Performance engine. 1 year later

epetrillo
05-28-12, 05:49 PM
Some of you may remember a big ruckus that happened here on the forum a year ago. I purchased a remanufactured engine from Jake and had it shipped to a local mechanic for install. My mechanic claimed the engine arrived with damage to the heads. Jake blamed the mechanic and the accusations and some name calling(on both sides) began to fly here on the forum. I was left in the middle with not much to say and no warranty in the end.

Just thought I would update the situation. The mechanic "repaired" the damage and installed the engine. It has been about a year and 21,000 miles now and everything is going fine. Engine runs great and just passed California smog test. Car is my commuter and is a comfortable and quiet ride for me. Things could have gone better on both sides but Jake's engine is a solid product and I feel confident it will take me many more miles before I retire it.

Emilio

JoeTahoe
05-28-12, 06:46 PM
Glad it has worked out good for you:thumbsup:

97EldoCoupe
05-31-12, 11:52 PM
I'm glad everything worked well I still would have rather seen that cylinder head replaced. I don't ship engines out that way and I don't expect my customers to end up installing it that way.

I may have jumped to conclusions about who caused that damage but it was deliberate regardless of who it was. Needless to say I don't even trust UPS freight anymore.

Take care Emilio and many miles of happy motoring ahead with that Northstar.

My99Eldorado
06-08-12, 12:59 PM
Jake, when are you going to send me the remaining $1500 that you owe me from the deposit I made for the engine you never delivered?

I've never asked you for an explanation as to why after many months you did not deliver the engine, and I'm still not interested in an explanation, just need my deposit back.

Paul Flores

Faded Crest
06-08-12, 01:19 PM
Paul, Jake started his own forum where you can address him directly. He posted the link a month or two ago. Post there and he can ill afford to ignore you.

http://www.northstarperformance.com/forums/

My99Eldorado
07-06-12, 01:41 PM
Jake has refunded my deposit as promised.

Paul Flores

Submariner409
07-06-12, 01:55 PM
Good closure for both thread topics.