: So, a potential deal is in place. Go forward or hold off?

taken
05-28-12, 12:32 PM
I found a dealer close that has a 2013 V on order as a stock vehicle. When I showed interest, the dealer changed the specs to what I wanted. We are in agreement on trade. Just got an email from them with a build date in July. All sounds good. However, something keeps nagging at me. This is the last year of the current gen CTS. Am I going to be kicking myself in a year when something new comes out? Will a new V even come out next year or will they take time off to redesign like some manufacturers do? Loved my 2010 and really looking forward to the 13. Just don't want to have regret after spending 70 g's. Any thoughts or advice?

CoppeR
05-28-12, 01:04 PM
Im doing the same. But I will order a 2013 to my specs. I figure they wont come out with a V until 2015 model year and there is some noise GM may not make a coupe. So this may be my last chance to get a new Thunder Grey V coupe.
If ur looking for a sedan I guess u can wait....

nynd
05-28-12, 01:21 PM
I'm was thinking the same but I think they will release the V (sedan anyways) when the redesign comes out late next year. With all the rumoured tech gadget updates, seems like it should be a big jump forward.

baabootoo
05-28-12, 01:22 PM
There'll always be the future, so I say pull the trigger buddy.....

taken
05-28-12, 02:30 PM
Thanks guys. The 13 on order is now to my specs. Your right about the future too. I'm not concerned about the tech stuff. It's a major turn off for me with BMW. My only concern was a large power increase or improved looks.

CoppeR
05-28-12, 07:19 PM
Plus u want to wait at least one year for the 2014's to work out the bugs.

DPL
05-28-12, 07:50 PM
Bugs in the first year of production is something I wouldn't be too concerned with. My 09 sedan has very few of the bugs that others report with their 2010 and 2011 and I think this is due to the build quality, assembly line and workers attitude. Plus, warranty takes care of many things post sale.

That being said, I wouldn't wait...I couldn't wait! 2 years to get into one of these cars is an eternity!

amunderdog
05-28-12, 08:08 PM
I would take the last year over a first year.
But.
If you are "Keeping up with the Joneses".
You may need to wait for the latest new deal.

taken
05-29-12, 07:10 AM
I agree with everyone's assesment. I will stay with the 13 order. If I have to have the newest then I will trade in 3 years.... Thanks everyone! Oh, and if my car is scheduled to be built the week of 7-14, when should I expect to have it delivered???

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-29-12, 11:09 AM
Congratulations, Taken! I recommend consulting with your dealership for your order delivery estimates, and I'm also available to give you updates once your order is in progress (I would need your name and order number to research). Feel free to send me a private message if you have any remaining questions or concerns in the meantime!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

GM-4-LIFE
05-29-12, 06:50 PM
You made a wise decision! I am most likely going to order a 2013 V Coupe being the last year of this body style which I really like! My current lease ends in February, so I will be putting in an order for mine in early January most likely. Are you ordering a V Coupe, Sedan or Wagon?

taken
05-29-12, 06:56 PM
Sedan....

smiley47
05-29-12, 07:32 PM
I agree with everyone's assesment. I will stay with the 13 order. If I have to have the newest then I will trade in 3 years.... Thanks everyone! Oh, and if my car is scheduled to be built the week of 7-14, when should I expect to have it delivered???

I would guess 6-8 weeks starting from the week after it's built. Your location will also have some impact on the delivery date.

taken
05-29-12, 07:39 PM
I would guess 6-8 weeks starting from the week after it's built. Your location will also have some impact on the delivery date.

That makes absolutely no sense. 6-8 weeks from the date it's ordered. 6-8 weeks after it's built? Maybe if you live in Europe. I've ordered 5 new cars in the last 4 years. Always 6-8 weeks from order to delivery.

Airfoto
05-29-12, 07:54 PM
You did the smart thing and ordered exactly what you wanted and your goin enjoy it!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

taken
05-30-12, 12:11 PM
Congratulations, Taken! I recommend consulting with your dealership for your order delivery estimates, and I'm also available to give you updates once your order is in progress (I would need your name and order number to research). Feel free to send me a private message if you have any remaining questions or concerns in the meantime!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Katie,

I pm'd you yesterday. Not sure how often you check them. I gave you my order # and name. Any info you can provide would be appreciated!

neuronbob
05-30-12, 01:14 PM
Good decision.

BTW, +1 on the first year 2G Vs having fewer problems than the newer cars. My 2009 has had relatively few bugs compared to the newer cars. I had been thinking about switching out for a 2012 or 13 V wagon but have elected simply to pay off my V estimated early last payment...September...and then keep it.....though my eye does wander whenever I see a V wagon on this forum (I've seen none in real life!) and you never know when I might change my mind.

2009 Vs FTW!