: 96 Bose sub

stoveguyy
05-28-12, 10:39 AM
Can I put a sub/amp in car? What or how do I tap into to get feed for sub amp input? Rear stock speaker has small IC amp module on speaker magnet. Do I somehow tap into speaker leads to cone? And than use this signal to feed high level input on sub amp? Sounds like it should work. I am happy with stock Bose system. Just want a little more thump.

stoveguyy
05-29-12, 11:44 AM
Use a LOC I suppose. Or run speaker lead into high level inputs on amp.

stoveguyy
06-29-12, 09:48 AM
My 96 has small amps mounted on speaker magnet. I can tap into the 2 speaker leads going to the cone. What are the specs of the signal here? Is it 1 ohm and 10watts? Or some variation of that? My plan is to feed into the speaker level inputs of a sub amp. What range of inputs can an amp like that handle? Could it be 1-8ohms and 1 watt to 500 watts? What can a good sub amp handle as far as speaker level inputs? Yes u don't know what amp I have. But throw out some amp specs, for example.

stoveguyy
07-03-12, 08:21 AM
got the sub installed. seems to work fine. am not sure if a more sophisticated signal processor would result in better bass than just tapping into speaker leads. is just an attempt to get a little more bass. i have had full installs in other cars. i don't feel like a major tear out and potential issues with removing bose stuff and than having issues with trying to sell car.