: Suddenly, No NAV and No Rear Camera?!

airlaird
05-28-12, 11:05 AM
I have searched but my issue is two fold. I have an 08' ESV and recieved my free new Disc this past March. As of today, the map will not come up AND, I can't get the rear camera to operate. Does the NAV disc have to be in to get the rear camera to go ON...are they related to eachother in operation?
The disc worked great since March...now it show Chinese letters and says "Disc Not Readible"..and no rear camera. Any ideas as to how to trouble shoot it?
airlaird

felixgun
05-28-12, 01:17 PM
The rear cam should work fine without the disk. I don't think they have anything to do with each other.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-29-12, 03:46 PM
Hi Airlaird,

Have you had a chance to consult your Navigation Manual yet for troubleshooting? According to page 2-5 of your manual, "If Disc Read Error appears on the display and/or the map disc comes out, it could be for one of the following reasons:

• If the map disc was installed into the CD slot. See
“Installing the DVD Map Disc” previously.
• It is very hot, when the temperature returns to
normal, the map disc should play.
• You are driving on a very rough road. When the road
becomes smoother, the map disc should play.
• The map disc is dirty, scratched, wet, or
upside down.

If any error occurs repeatedly or if an error cannot be
corrected, contact your dealer/retailer."

Your Navigation Manual also has a helpful section on your Rear Vision Camera (page 2-34). If equipped, your rear vision camera system is designed to display a view, on the navigation screen, of the area behind the vehicle when the driver shifts the vehicle into REVERSE (R). "Once the driver shifts out of REVERSE (R), the navigation screen will go back to the last screen that had been displayed, after a delay."

Please keep us posted!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

airlaird
05-29-12, 08:01 PM
Katie, thankyou for the reply! I have read the nav manual. I went through all the scenarios as you mentioned. Still nothing. It is very bizarre. Upon review of the disc..it is perfect..no scratches. It goes to black...and no rear camera at all. I will be bringing it in...i was just hoping someone here could advise. Do you think i should disconnect the battery?
Airlaird