: Bluetooth phonebook transfer.

RGaret
05-27-12, 10:24 PM
Just got my V and I had a question about the bluetooth capabilities. On page 7-38 of the owners manual it says "sharing of the cell phone's address book or contact list with the vehicle". Does anyone know how to make this happen?

GM-4-LIFE
05-28-12, 05:44 PM
I would like to know as well. Seems like our NAV system is behind in technology. Thankfully CUE is coming to the next gen CTS and all Cadillacs built in the near future.

SoCalCTSV
05-28-12, 07:07 PM
Doesn't the manual give instructions?

NickCat
05-28-12, 09:19 PM
I believe the only way to access the contacts on the phone directly is with the Voice Pass-Thru option on page 7-45:

Voice Pass-Thru
Voice Pass-Thru allows access to
the voice recognition commands on
the cell phone. See the cell phone
manufacturer's user guide to see if
the cell phone supports this feature.
This feature can be used to verbally
access contacts stored in the cell
phone.

1. Press and hold b / g for
two seconds. For vehicles with a
navigation system say “Hands
Free” after the tone.
2. Say “Bluetooth.” This command
can be skipped.
3. Say “Voice.” The system
responds with “OK, accessing
<phone name>.”
. The cell phone's normal
prompt messages will go
through their cycle
according to the phone's
operating instructions.

Which basically bypasses the in car system and gets you talking directly to your phone's built in voice recognition capabilities.

I was bummed myself the V can't really access and use my phone's contacts... pretty lame on Cadillac's part... but I'm assuming it has to do with the limitations on the OnStar system since the address book needs to be shared by both any bluetooth phone you use, or the built in OnStar line.

Thunder Gray STS
05-28-12, 11:10 PM
I just tried this with a Samsung Galaxy S, and much to my surprise the voice pass through worked. At least dialing from the phone's contact list...

RGaret
05-29-12, 12:43 PM
I was sucessful in getting the voice passthrough to work so I can access the phone's directory with no problem. I guess I was disappointed since my 2010 BMW would import the phone'scontact list directly into the car's NAV unit so you could look at it on the screen. Same with my wife's 2011 Grand Cherokee. Oh well, guess I will just have to live with the limitation. 556HP makes you overlook some stuff:)

FLTRI
05-29-12, 02:12 PM
Like this? Click image to play video....

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/th_71d13c7b.jpg (http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/?action=view&current=71d13c7b.mp4)

cvs
05-29-12, 02:43 PM
If you have an iPhone 4S you can just press and hold down the home button and you will hear the Siri beep after a few seconds. Then just say "call <insert name here>". Another cool thing you can do is have your last text message played back over the car speakers and respond to it with your voice.
1) Press and hold home button then say "read my last text message"
2) The phone reads back the message using text to speech and then plays a list of options
3) You can say respond and speak your response
4) The phone plays back your response and asks you to confirm

stuckbehindaprius
05-29-12, 03:51 PM
What I'd like is for it to display the caller name when I get an incoming call in the gauge cluster, instead of just the number. Any way of doing this without having to reprogram numbers into the car manually?

M5eater
05-30-12, 08:17 AM
What I'd like is for it to display the caller name when I get an incoming call in the gauge cluster, instead of just the number. Any way of doing this without having to reprogram numbers into the car manually?

I have mine manually programed and they still show up with the regular number.

It's a 5 year old infotainment system that was designed back in 05 probably, making it now 7-8 years old total. It's simply not the hot shit it once was. I'm shocked it's stayed relevent at all to be honest. It could be worse, we could be like Honda/Acura that are stuck in a technological dead-zone and just now seeing D/I, 6 speed auto's and being stuck with a decade old Infotainment system in brand new not released yet vehicles(google the RLX).