: Jumped clutch position switch, but cruise control still doesn't engage

WesH8398
05-27-12, 11:01 PM
I did lots of searching and found out that it's quite common for the CPS to cause the CC to not work, so I followed some suggestions and removed the CPS and "jumped" the harness with paper clips to override the switch. The paper clips seem to be working, as the car now starts without the clutch being pushed in, but the CC still isn't engaging. Ugh.
I haven't checked any fuses yet, as I'm not sure which ones to check. Is there anything else you guys would suggest? Any more trouble shooting tips?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/wes8398/e3caf2fe.jpg

PISNUOFF
05-28-12, 10:07 AM
Should both sides be jumped? Wouldn't telling the computer that the clutch is depressed turn off the cruise? How long does it take to get a new switch?

sx54dx
05-28-12, 11:38 AM
I don't know about the jumping process but if it is starting without the pedal being depressed then the cruise will not work because it thinks the pedal is already depressed (and staying pressed in)

When you are driving with the cruise on and barely apply pressure to the clutch pedal it turns off the cruise automatically...

WesH8398
05-28-12, 01:43 PM
The switch isn't that sophisticated; you're giving it too much credit. Both sides of the plug are jumped and my CC is now working. How, you ask...

I didn't have any CEL's but I plugged in my OBD II reader this morning just to see. Sure enough there was a code for the CPS. I cleared it and now CC is working just fine. Of course, disengaging the clutch doesn't cancel the CC, and the car will start without disengaging the clutch, but It'll fix that when I get the new CPS installed (special order).
Thanks for the help/input guys.

PISNUOFF
05-28-12, 05:17 PM
I thought I posted that the code is in the computer but doesn't trigger the CEL. It must have been in another thread. Glad it works.