: Songs on the HDD Skipping?

Scooter
05-27-12, 06:19 PM
Hi Guys, I picked up a used '09 a few weeks ago and after loading all of my songs onto the HDD, I've noticed that every once and a while a song will skip a second or so. It's happened a few times already and never on the same song. Anyone else have this problem?

Nastyctsv
05-28-12, 04:01 PM
Hi Guys, I picked up a used '09 a few weeks ago and after loading all of my songs onto the HDD, I've noticed that every once and a while a song will skip a second or so. It's happened a few times already and never on the same song. Anyone else have this problem?

Nope, no issues on mine.

xlr_x
05-28-12, 04:24 PM
Nope, no issues on mine.
same here

Unclemelty
05-28-12, 05:03 PM
No issues here either

cvs
05-28-12, 06:04 PM

Just transferred around 400 songs to my HDD using a memory stick. Every so often a song will just stop in the middle and jump to the next song in the playlist. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the issue either. Wish I knew why.

JimmyH
05-28-12, 06:41 PM
Just transferred around 400 songs to my HDD using a memory stick. Every so often a song will just stop in the middle and jump to the next song in the playlist. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to the issue either. Wish I knew why.

This exact same thing happens to me using my ipod plugged into my Camaro through the usb port. Every once in a while a song will play for a few seconds, then it skips to the next song. If I hit the back button, it will go back and play the entire song. It's weird.

js615
05-29-12, 04:20 PM
My V too, is doing fine, however, we had multiple repeat issues with the system in my wife's SRX (iirc, it's the same basic building blocks of system, only software is the major difference). not only did we have skipping of parts of the song, but it would lose playlist memory and also forget what song was last playing off the hard drive in between the last time it was powered on. Annoying to say the least.

They initially updated the software to the newest release, then updated it the second time it happened. On the third time, they replaced the NAV head unit. On the fourth time, they determined via TSB that there was a malfunction occurring in the hard drive/main control unit (the HD is in one box with the main control if I understood them correctly). Long story short - they replaced the HD/Control box and we've had no issues since. I have no idea if the SRX TSB for the issue extends to the CTS or not, but it might be worth having your local Caddy shop look it up. Unfortunately, they did not list the TSB # on the service ticket.

Hope this helps.
J.