: 2013 Escalade Changes

surburban99
05-27-12, 06:42 PM
Are there going to be any changes with the 2013 model year? Is GM bringing back rain sense wipers?????????????

hcvone
05-28-12, 08:11 AM
Are there going to be any changes with the 2013 model year? Is GM bringing back rain sense wipers?????????????

Nothing really that new, have one on order

Deletions

•Exterior color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic

New Features

•Exterior color (GWT) Silver Coast Metallic.
• Exterior color (GWU) Midnight Plum Metallic. Promotional color. Available Spring, 2013.
• Exterior color (GXH) Sapphire Blue Metallic. Promotional color. Available Fall, 2012
• Powertrain Grade Braking, normal mode
• New trailering capacities
• Windshield shades

Changes

•Heated steering wheel RPO Code changes from (KA9) to (UVD)

surburban99
05-28-12, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the post. What did you order this time around? Noticed you get a new one every year? What a luxury! Do you just like driving a new model?

skierjp
05-28-12, 11:39 AM
Surely the new Escalade will have the new Q System? I still can't believe that my wifes Ford Fusion company car has more options then my 2011 Escalade!!! Even my friends F250 and F150's put it to shame. I'll look long and hard before I buy another Esclade.
I love the look and ride but the interior and options are 10 years behind the times.

surburban99
05-28-12, 01:47 PM
Surely the new Escalade will have the new Q System? I still can't believe that my wifes Ford Fusion company car has more options then my 2011 Escalade!!! Even my friends F250 and F150's put it to shame. I'll look long and hard before I buy another Esclade.
I love the look and ride but the interior and options are 10 years behind the times.

I agree with the above, I know I have said this before, but WHY NO Rain Sense Wipers? Even the Dodge's, Jeep's, Ford's all have the Rain Sense option. I have owned four Escalade ESV's to date, will be looking at something else next time.

GM, are you listening????????????

K9Caddy
05-28-12, 02:06 PM
Sadly, 2009 was the last year for the most available options before all the deletes. The reason I have yet to get rid of mine or get a new one.

prosseda
05-28-12, 04:23 PM
Ahh by Q you mean CUE. I don't think so. They would have to make one that fits in the specialized dash opening that only an escalade has. The body style is supposed to be retired in a year or 2. If the CTS gets it, I would expect it. Only in the new models like XTS will you see it. I also think you would need a new gauge cluster to get the full CUE experience.

skierjp
05-28-12, 04:34 PM
It figures. It seems like they can't do anything right. The back up camara doesn't even have the guide lines. You can only store 30 phone numbers. The leather is garbage. The dash and side panals are hard plastic. It takes a key or fob to unlock the door or start the truck. The wood is fake....,on and on and on. Oh yeah I forgot, the navigation system has to be the worst.
Onstar isn't bad if you get someone on the other end that you can understand.

MrHolland
05-28-12, 05:51 PM
^^Did you research any of this before purchasing?? If so, then there shouldn't be any complaints. If you didn't research, well, there should still be no complaints.

hcvone
05-28-12, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the post. What did you order this time around? Noticed you get a new one every year? What a luxury! Do you just like driving a new model?

Another white platinum with black interior to match the other 3, well it will be 2 by then. :)

----------

It figures. It seems like they can't do anything right. The back up camara doesn't even have the guide lines. You can only store 30 phone numbers. The leather is garbage. The dash and side panals are hard plastic. It takes a key or fob to unlock the door or start the truck. The wood is fake....,on and on and on. Oh yeah I forgot, the navigation system has to be the worst.
Onstar isn't bad if you get someone on the other end that you can understand.

My 12's have backup camera guide lines, the platinum has real leather seats, not like the standard model that has leather seating surfaces, the wood is real on the platinum, leather doors and dash too. I didn't want to pay the extra for the platinum model, and didn't buy a platinum until 2011, since then I have had 4 platinums with another on order, AND WHILE I AM DISGUSTED THAT THE RAIN SENSING WIPERS ARE STILL NOT OFFERED BY GM, I have been really happy with everything else, my 2012 Escalade's are so noise free I find myself driving them and not my other cars.

chakde
05-29-12, 11:04 AM
I agree, we will not see the CUE till the next generation which will be 2014 sometime. I know we all feel that features wise there are more features on my cousins 2010 Equinox then my 2011 and 2012 escalades but I do have to say that I love my escalades. Nothing gets more looks than one of these :)

corvette00
05-29-12, 11:28 AM
I must admit the white with black interior has really grown on me, I may switch to white on my next one

hcvone
05-29-12, 12:03 PM
I must admit the white with black interior has really grown on me, I may switch to white on my next one

That is what many say when they get in my truck, of course these are the same people that say "black interior" and put their finger in their mouth saying boring. :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-29-12, 05:26 PM
I just checked my GM resources for you all and confirmed hcvone's post above. The color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic has been deleted from the 2013 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade Hybrid. New features include exterior color Silver Coast Metallic, exterior color Midnight Plum Metallic (promotional color, available spring 2013), exterior color Sapphire Blue Metallic (promotional color, available fall 2012), Powertrain Grade Braking normal mode, new trailering capacities, and windshield shades!

The Cadillac Escalade EXT also has the new features I just listed above, plus a new exterior promotional color named Bottle Green while is available in the fall of 2012.

It does indeed look like CUE won't come out on the Escalade right away. CUE comes to market debuting first on the XTS, then followed by ATS and the SRX. Since I'm primarily Customer Service rather than Marketing Support, I apologize for not having an abundance of information on future products, but I'm happy to keep checking my resources for updates.

I'll continue to document your rain sense wiper feedback! And please feel free to private message me or send me an email anytime (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you have additional questions.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone
05-29-12, 06:07 PM
I just checked my GM resources for you all and confirmed hcvone's post above. The color (51U) Gold Mist Metallic has been deleted from the 2013 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade Hybrid. New features include exterior color Silver Coast Metallic, exterior color Midnight Plum Metallic (promotional color, available spring 2013), exterior color Sapphire Blue Metallic (promotional color, available fall 2012), Powertrain Grade Braking normal mode, new trailering capacities, and windshield shades!

The Cadillac Escalade EXT also has the new features I just listed above, plus a new exterior promotional color named Bottle Green while is available in the fall of 2012.

It does indeed look like CUE won't come out on the Escalade right away. CUE comes to market debuting first on the XTS, then followed by ATS and the SRX. Since I'm primarily Customer Service rather than Marketing Support, I apologize for not having an abundance of information on future products, but I'm happy to keep checking my resources for updates.

I'll continue to document your rain sense wiper feedback! And please feel free to private message me or send me an email anytime (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you have additional questions.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

It better be correct, it came from the GM web site. ;)

skierjp
05-30-12, 06:31 AM
My fault for not buying the Platinum. My dealer didn't have one to look at when I purchased mine. My complaint is that they should be keeping up with technology on the Escalade. How hard would it be to have push button start?
I wonder if my 2011 can be upgraded to have the back up camera lines?
It is the best riding SUV I've been in and it is awesome looking.
Still can't figure out why they offer 2 types of leather on a Escalade? I could see this if I was buying the Yukon.

hcvone
05-30-12, 08:25 AM
My fault for not buying the Platinum. My dealer didn't have one to look at when I purchased mine. My complaint is that they should be keeping up with technology on the Escalade. How hard would it be to have push button start?
I wonder if my 2011 can be upgraded to have the back up camera lines?
It is the best riding SUV I've been in and it is awesome looking.
Still can't figure out why they offer 2 types of leather on a Escalade? I could see this if I was buying the Yukon.

I have push button start on several cars, just doesn't seem like it should be something in a truck IMO. Two types of leather standard vs platinum, many manufacturers offer an upgraded interior and leather like Benz and BMW so it is not shocking to see it on a Caddy. I am sure your Nav/backup camera can be updated, maybe Chris at Rippy's can help with that info

corvette00
05-30-12, 09:06 AM
I really miss the push button start that my STS had. It was nice to be able to walk up to the car and not have to take the fob out of your pocket

nguyennhatquang
05-30-12, 11:45 PM
there is no way CUE will go to Escalade or CTS or CTS-V...
1st : They use old GM lan..and tech2...
2nd : they dont have Fiber optic..

the SRX is base on brand new architechture..GDS...
a lot of people think the escalade have more tech..but..SRX is the leader in cadillac technology until the CUE is in the dealership..

because it based on original Pre Cue infotainment that why Face lift SRX u will see CUE in it.

Braknglases07
06-01-12, 04:57 PM
GM IS WAY BEHIND THE TIMES... can we get a better navigation maybe something like the android navigation, the gm navigation sucks!, we are spending 70k push
button start would be nice the 40k cts has it, we finally got auto up windows.. and please a lil better iphone/ipod integration and let us be able to access the features while we drive and not have to spend 300 on a damn aftermarket module.

Thanks haha

----------

oh and the magnetic ride is a joke, you shouldn't have to replace your shocks twice before 50k miles

evois
06-02-12, 12:16 AM
GM IS WAY BEHIND THE TIMES... can we get a better navigation maybe something like the android navigation, the gm navigation sucks!, we are spending 70k push
button start would be nice the 40k cts has it, we finally got auto up windows.. and please a lil better iphone/ipod integration and let us be able to access the features while we drive and not have to spend 300 on a damn aftermarket module.

Thanks haha

----------

oh and the magnetic ride is a joke, you shouldn't have to replace your shocks twice before 50k miles

The nav of the escalade is actually not bad. You can actually plan several stops ahead of time unlike other nav. The screen of my 09 hybrid is even better than my 11 range rover so those griping about it is probably comparing it to the Acura, Lexus or Hyundai and Kia versions that is flashy but operates like the caddy just the same. The iPhone/iPod integration is excellent in the 2012 version, what are you talking about better functionality? I wished I had it in my 09.

hcvone
06-02-12, 08:21 AM
The Nav, bluetooth and iPhone/iPod on my 2012 Escalade's is MUCH MUCH better than on my new BMW's, way more user friendly

rjm
06-02-12, 11:40 AM
The Nav, bluetooth and iPhone/iPod on my 2012 Escalade's is MUCH MUCH better than on my new BMW's, way more user friendly

I agree 100%. While some of the other systems may have flashier graphics, the Escalade system is one of the easiest and most accurate systems available.

BEarle
06-03-12, 01:35 PM
My Sister and Girlfriend both have 2011 lexus' and rather my navigation over there's any day. I think the Lexus navigation sucks compared to the Escalade.

mbdubb2361
06-03-12, 09:07 PM
I would agree to a small extent that the NAV it a bit behind the times. Why can't it operate as good or close to my android? How about adding street & hwy names or at least get my home address right? My home has been in the same spot for over 40yrs yet it tells me that it's 6 houses down :(