: 09 Platinum front Mag shocks

Nice Ride
05-26-12, 07:49 PM
I had my truck in for service factory warrantee still active. Have extended GM warr. Also

Both front shocks were covered in a oily residue. Was told that they are leaking. Service purposely stated that there was a rattling noise, none existed though, just oily film. Any way, the dealer stated both shocks were replaced as well as other warr issues, however when reading over the receipt, it stated 2 shocks were replaced but quantity stated one. Sure enough, the front left was never replaced. Called the dealer, stated he would look into it, 7 days passed, called again, stated he is still researching, another week passed, called again, put me on hold, was told they were only replacing one because it failed a bottom out test??? Never heard of this... Han no problems with the shocks other than oily coating. I informed hem both shocks were equally coated, if they replaced one, the should have replaced both. They also told me this is normal... I am giving them one more chance to replace the other shock, this is not normal. Katie, ( Siri ) any comments. Anyone else with front shocks coated in oil film?

Thanks

quattrotman
05-27-12, 06:35 AM
The oily film does suggest a bad shock and the escalade front shocks are notorious for their short life. They absolutely should change them if they are leaking and you wanna push that because they are pretty expensive. I find it strange that they would only replace one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-12, 10:24 AM
Nice Ride,

I am very sorry that we haven't responded to you before today! Between server issues and the long weekend, we haven't been able to get caught up with the Cadillac forum. Do you have an update on any steps you have taken since your post last Saturday? Has your vehicle gone in to the service department since then? We're happy to look into this further with you if you would please send us more information (your name, phone, address, VIN, mileage, and name of dealership) via private message.

Kind regards,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service