: Pa15-vette help

Bigtuna819
05-26-12, 05:22 PM
Hooked up the pa15 and now the nav won't switch to xm... Fm1, fm2, and am only. Anyone else run into this?

----------

It charges the phone, but can't get the radio to switch in the xm input... Unhook everything, and hook the regular wire harness back up and the xm works fine...

perfect
05-26-12, 07:48 PM
I had the same problem when I first installed and it turned out that I hadn't really plugged the connector into the XM module very well. I hope that your car is still taken apart so you can test and confirm.

Also make sure the dip switches are set up correctly on the PA15 unit - otherwise you'll likely get no connection at all.

----------

Also - USA Spec tech support is spot on. If all else fails - give them a call.

FuzzyLogic
05-26-12, 08:54 PM
That problem is indicative of one of two problems (the unspoken third is that the PA15 head unit or your XM unit is dead):

1. You didn't connect everything correctly and securely (agree with perfect).

2. Occasionally, the connection between all of these type of units (not just the USA Spec ones) will blink out if you disconnect your iPod / iPhone a lot while the car is running. The fix is to de-energize the electrical system (disconnect the battery for a minute). It's very rare--I've only had to do it once over the past two years.

jwilson2598
05-26-12, 10:42 PM
Mine did it the very first ride I took after installing it. I turned the car off for a minute, then restarted it and it was working again. Hasn't done it since.

Bigtuna819
06-17-12, 08:51 PM
the pa15 head unit was dead, just swapped in a new one and everythings good. beware of the ebay and amazon sellers... luckily mine sent me a replacement...

Senor Aguas
06-19-12, 11:17 PM
mine did it twice in the beginning and hasn't done it since. not sure why but it works now.

JPGIII
07-10-12, 06:41 PM
Just installed my PA-15 and seem to be having the same issues of it turning off and then restarting by itself. Not sure what is going on with it. I have dip 2 on and the other 3 off. Is this the way you all have them?

lollygagger8
07-11-12, 09:39 AM
My gf's has done that twice in the 2 yrs since I put it in her SRX for her. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it'll come back. Assuming you have it connected correctly.

acaringnihilist
07-11-12, 11:15 AM
Mine did it the very first ride I took after installing it. I turned the car off for a minute, then restarted it and it was working again. Hasn't done it since.

Same here.

caseyschier
07-11-12, 01:15 PM
I'm on my third pa15 box. I actually bought it from NeoPro, but it is the same box. The first two were no good and I had a lot of problems with them. This last one finally decided to work, but I do notice that the advanced mode doesn't work consistently (through the 30 pin connector port). I don't know if that's a problem with the DIP switches or not, but I mainly only use the aux cord anyways, so I don't care enough to mess with it anymore.

FuzzyLogic
07-11-12, 02:49 PM
I'm on my third pa15 box. I actually bought it from NeoPro, but it is the same box. The first two were no good and I had a lot of problems with them. This last one finally decided to work, but I do notice that the advanced mode doesn't work consistently (through the 30 pin connector port). I don't know if that's a problem with the DIP switches or not, but I mainly only use the aux cord anyways, so I don't care enough to mess with it anymore.

Sounds like installer error.