Cadillac Owners Forum banner

First time at drag strip! First time racing! What a night.

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Motown Cad 
#1 ·
Tonight was a Midnight Madness night with Outlaws at MIR at Budd's Creek in Maryland. I've never been to a drag strip (even though I'm from Detroit), and it was killer. I got there with intentions of watching and going to race at the next one because I thought i needed a helmet. Well I met some co workers there and they said "no not if your slower than 14 secs". So...........I asked if I could put my golf clubs, cleaning kit and tool kit in my buddy's car and he was "hell yeah we want to see what this thing will do". So I went back to gate paid the 5 extra bucks to race (20 bucks to race all night with outlaws and prostreet...COOL) and hit it. Now, I know we are time travelers on the road, but everyone was going nuts seeing a caddy pull up with stangs, vettes, camaro's etc at the strip. It was so much fun! PERIOD. But it makes me really want to get to where I need to be.....On the track at VIR or Summit. Anyhow, after driving this for four months and missing second "once" before, I missed it on my first pass with a stang ARRRRGHH. But I did better for the second pass. Funny how your perspective changes when your in a place that your supposed to be doing this... anyhow timeslip from second pass attached. Of course Caddy is on right. Text Font Receipt
Oh btw these Outlaws were screaming hitting 156 mph at 220 YARDS/1/8TH mile setting world records in like 4.3-6 seconds. UNBELIEVABLE! But it was cool staging with them and a few of them saying "no shit, that's that caddy". I wish there was a V2 around, but it was quite the novel car. Cool night!

See less See more
#5 ·
You staying with family?

If not, check out the Drury Inn at I-75 and Big Beaver Rd. That's where a bunch of guys will be staying, and it's a party in the parking lot at night. Just ask Nutz.

#8 ·
Now I'm confused, I swear I've heard people say these cars can pull 13.1 stock, to (12.9 with Gforce Axles) ??
But I saw somebody on another thread mention a 14.41 or close to it; and you ran a 14.00

a month ago I ran a 13.56 and that was my second pass of ever running on a strip.
My car was stock other than a K&N panel filter and Borla Cat-Back, and that was on crappy worn RSA's with plenty of wheel hop.

People have told me that numbers can vary from track to track also.

#10 ·
They do vary from track to track, and also from the weather. But the biggest factor is these cars are a bitch to launch well. Most people with plenty of wheel-hop will back out of it, and launch softer the next time. His mph is definitely strong at 106 or 108, which on most cars would be a low 13's run.

#15 ·
Sorry, was on travel but back now. Thanks for replies and the great idea. I WILL run with the sticks next Friday! That will be too funny! I'll bring camera and take a shot in staging lanes for ya.

Rand and Nutz, that is crazy Drury Inn! I got a bj there when I was in high school just like Stabenowski's husband but mine was in parking lot lol. I grew up right there in Troy and graduated Troy High in 84. House less than mile away. The police station is right across the street I can only imagine how many times Troys finest showed up last year.

My best friend lives in my old neighborhood. I'll have to talk him into a party and BBQ. I'm looking to buy a house in Berkley this fall. I miss Motown too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.