: Squeaking/Rattling from rear end

Mystical_Ice
05-25-12, 06:16 PM
My 2009 CTS-V drives fine, except for if i really get on it (if i floor if for 7-10 seconds, or accelerate hard a few times), i'll notice a rattling come from the back end. It seems to keep making that same noise, even after i slow down, almost until it 'cools down', then the noise goes away. That tells me it's nothing to do with the speed (there are times i don't go above 65mph, but i've accelerated hard the last 30 seconds, and i hear the noise)

Not only is it embarassing as hell (when people are in teh car with me, i try to keep the exhaust noise louder than the rattling, by not shifting up and keeping the RPMS higher :) ), but i also worry what it could be.

Exhaust maybe?

Any suggestions?

baabootoo
05-27-12, 12:56 AM
Yes, it must be the exhaust. I assume that it's not just an expansion noise, right? Mine isn't near any metal at all, and there's the 6 rubber rear hangers and the front is bolted to the exhaust pipes. Make sure it isn't near that middle support, which it shouldn't be touching at all. Maybe bring it in if it keeps happening?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-01-12, 10:47 AM
I checked the troubleshooting resources I have access to and wasn't able to find any recommendations on what may be behind the rattling, unfortunately. Have you had a chance to look into this further since your last post?

If we can be of any assistance, please let us know.
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service